IGNORED

Marco Silva

6 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

He has some bad luck fall his way, but for me he lacks the ability to effect changes in a game, we go behind far too often and can’t pull the game back, most of his subs are like for like. Last night was the classic example, we were loosing 4-2 at half time to the best team in the premier and European champions, a game were not going to get anything from unless changes were made. He should have put Kean on with DCL, Siggy did nothing, neither did Bernie ( wrong game and timing for him to back IMO) a 442 would have given a stronger front line against a team who do concede goals, and if we’re playing in their half they less likely to score against us.

Bringing Morgan on when we were chasing the game was another head-scratcher for me. 

2 minutes ago, nogs said:

I swore. Nearly as badly as I swore about Keane's non attempt at defending the first goal. 

Just now, Sibdane said:

I rolled my eyes and threw my hands up in the air. That was the dagger for me. 

Don't get me wrong, it was me laughing in utter disbelief. It was bad enough against Norwich swapping Sidibe for Coleman at 1-0 down but that last night was on a whole new level. Sigurdsson and Iwobi had both been absolute shite all game and he subs Davies? Davies who at least was trying. And then compounds the lunacy of the sub by the replacement being a defensive player.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

Don't get me wrong, it was me laughing in utter disbelief. It was bad enough against Norwich swapping Sidibe for Coleman at 1-0 down but that last night was on a whole new level. Sigurdsson and Iwobi had both been absolute shite all game and he subs Davies? Davies who at least was trying. And then compounds the lunacy of the sub by the replacement being a defensive player.

It made no sense. Granted, he didn't have much options in midfield, but I wouldn't be bringing on Morgan regardless. I would've just kept Gylfi on even though he was ineffective. He at least has the ability to score from nothing in a flash whereas Morgan can't. I just don't get bringing on a defensive player when we're down. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Silva has said that davies has been missing training sessions due to slight injury so that’s the only reason I can see davies going off. 

1 hour ago, plaidharper said:

He is staying isn't he...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/dec/05/marco-silva-everton-managerial-mystery-watford-hull

This interesting article about his unconventional career suggests he’s off, but then at the very end says: “The real game-changer here would be to keep Silva, to make him settle and work with the players, to stay a while and grow roots for the first time in his elite career.”

4 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/dec/05/marco-silva-everton-managerial-mystery-watford-hull

This interesting article about his unconventional career suggests he’s off, but then at the very end says: “The real game-changer here would be to keep Silva, to make him settle and work with the players, to stay a while and grow roots for the first time in his elite career.”

And the real twist in that tale would be we get relegated and he gets to do all that work in the Championship! 

13 hours ago, Btay said:

No issue with Mina this year. Davies isn’t Gana’s replacement and I don’t think he’s going to develop into that player. Delph/Gbabim were meant to be that 

Gomes was the sitter, Gana was supposedly the link. Gomes carried on his normal role and Davies took the other spot. 

11 hours ago, nogs said:

Given how dreadful Keane has been the failure to replace Zouma stands out as the icing on another very poor transfer window. Who was that on? Brands? I just can't get my head round a PL team going into the season with three senior centre backs. More I think about it, more I worry that something is very wrong in how the club is being run. 

We had a ready made replacement for Zouma in Mina. Keane needing upgrading is independent of Zouma leaving. 

5 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Now that it's done, I wish him well. 

Even though his tactics can be called into question, I don't think you can question his commitment to the team. What pissed me off about Koeman is towards the end he didn't look like he gave a shit, we were shipping goals left, right and centre without looking arsed. Silva always looked as though he was desperate for a win (or a point) but just wasn't getting the run of the green and/or good enough. 

Unfortunately, I don't think his tenure will be remembered in 10-20 years time. Moyes took us from fighting relegation to Europe, Martinez brought that attractive, attacking football and I think at the start Koeman looked really good - I just don't know what identity Marco has brought to the club nor do I think he's really progressed us as hoped, quite the opposite. 

It'll be interesting to see how we respond against Chelsea. As much as I wanted Silva to go I'm filled with anxiety due to not knowing who we'll get next. A bad appointment could put is in an even bigger mess. 

agree with all of this, top post