IGNORED

Marco Silva

Inevitable. Thought there were times last season when things were looking really good under him, but then again we stuffed Guardiola's City 4-0 under Koeman. Hindsight confirms the worries when he arrived - just not of the right pedigree for where we want to be. 

The bigger picture is that is now four managerial sackings in three years since Moshiri took over, and this of all of them reflects the worst on his decision making. He can't afford any more cock ups, the Prem is a brutal league and if we don't get some stability and direction we'll end up in the Championship. 

Gutted that we've gone through another manager. Not what I wanted to happen 18month ago. I thought we had a well regarded young manager who could help us onto the next phase. A bit of calm and progress was to come. It's all about results though, and at least showing progress. We just ain't done enough of either.

9 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Duncan in charge on Saturday

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1518522/club-statement

"aims to confirm a new permanent manager as swiftly as possible"

Clearly no sorted yet.

Not sure why they went with Duncan over Unsworth this time around. Seems like kind of a slap in the face to him, but what do I know?

We went about hiring him the wrong way, and sometimes you reap what you sow. I actually agree with the observation that maybe it was his former right-hand man who demonstrated nous and we were left with someone out of his depth. You hate to see anyone fail and lose their job, but there are times when you just have to make the right decision. My hope this time around is that we'll hire his replacement the right way (although I am rather surprised that we appear to be ill-prepared; we've had plenty of time to plan for this).

Whoever we get in needs a proper over haul of the squad. In hindsight - which is a fantastic thing, we’ve gone into this season with 1 “proven” CB in Micheal Keane and even then he has proven to be wank again, Mina has stepped up and Holgate is still up for debate at this level - ridiculous.

CM injuries have hampered us.

Striker - DCL and Kean can develop, Kean has everything to become world class and I think Marco has tried to protect him as best he could. Tosun needs to go.

lots of work to be done.

I’m struggling to feel sorry for him, yes he’s just been sacked again, but he’s had a good wage from us, and will get a fantastic severance payout, so he’s OK financially, and look where we are, in bottom 3 confidence shot, the laughing stock of the prem ( bar Watford) . If he had shown some balls and tried different options I’d have a modicum of sympathy, but he just kept trying the same old same old, striker for striker, Schniederlin on when we’re chasing a game, just not good enough.  

10 hours ago, Btay said:

Whoever we get in needs a proper over haul of the squad. In hindsight - which is a fantastic thing, we’ve gone into this season with 1 “proven” CB in Micheal Keane and even then he has proven to be wank again, Mina has stepped up and Holgate is still up for debate at this level - ridiculous.

CM injuries have hampered us.

Striker - DCL and Kean can develop, Kean has everything to become world class and I think Marco has tried to protect him as best he could. Tosun needs to go.

lots of work to be done.

Exactly this. We have some huge problems with the squad that need to be addressed. I may be wrong but I don't see any manager coming in and making a huge difference until our midfielders are fit again and we have some half decent at the back, of and a striker that can score goals. 

Just look at Arsenal, as the same is happening there albeit they have 2 world class marksmen.

• 1 month later...
On 02/02/2020 at 00:08, Isaiah said:

He didn't work out, but for signing Richarlison, Gomes, Digne, Kean and Bernie, I'll still remember him fairly fondly. In comparison with Allardyce (Tosun,  Walcott) and Koeman (Klaassen, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, 70 million pissed away right there ), he spent relatively well and has left us with the best/most promising players we currently have. 

Richarlison aside I don't see why you'd credit him for the signings. And even then Brands already wanted him. Silva prioritised wingers and played Keane over Holgate, and Tosun/Richarlison over DCL. h

Silva is the worst manager of my life time (possibly anyone's). I never thought I'd see worse than Smith yet Silva took the biscuit. 6 first team players and took us from 8th to 8th...only if thing is we got Alladyce over him as he'd have relegated us. Joke of a manager. 

On 03/02/2020 at 01:01, pete0 said:

Richarlison aside I don't see why you'd credit him for the signings. And even then Brands already wanted him. Silva prioritised wingers and played Keane over Holgate, and Tosun/Richarlison over DCL. h

Silva is the worst manager of my life time (possibly anyone's). I never thought I'd see worse than Smith yet Silva took the biscuit. 6 first team players and took us from 8th to 8th...only if thing is we got Alladyce over him as he'd have relegated us. Joke of a manager. 

Too young for Gordon Lee?

• 1 year later...
58 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Worst manager I've ever witnessed. Doesn't even take responsibility. Blame's his failure on Gana leaving and good replacement being injured. They don't even play the same position.

Didnt every outlet and even the coaching staff said JPG was Gana's direct replacement? Or am I opening Pandoras box with this?

He was hopelessly out of his depth and the bit in the article about Gueye, Gbamin and Zouma is basically a dig at Brands.

But the whole article is just a job advert to potential clubs in Germany. I wish him luck because he’ll need it - 18 months out of work is a long time in football and longer than he lasted any of his clubs bar Estoril.

19 hours ago, Matt said:

Didnt every outlet and even the coaching staff said JPG was Gana's direct replacement? Or am I opening Pandoras box with this?

The main thing I recall in the media was from his agent saying he'd be a good centre back. 

Positionally Gbamin was Schneiderlin's replacement.