IGNORED

Marco Silva

On 06/10/2019 at 19:37, Shukes said:

I don’t think he’s a number 10. No10s need to be tricky and clever, and able to find gaps through defenders.

Siggy is more a wide player for me. Don’t think he’s better than what we have, but I do think he is more effective when out there. Not as a winger, but a wide option for a compact midfield.

I think he needs to be played deeper. He has the skill to control, pick a pass and work rate to hassle the opposition. He’s hardly on the ball enough as it is, sticking him on the wing would be insane in my opinion 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I think he needs to be played deeper. He has the skill to control, pick a pass and work rate to hassle the opposition. He’s hardly on the ball enough as it is, sticking him on the wing would be insane in my opinion 

I agree.

He plays a deeper role, or on the side of the midfield for Iceland a lot. Wasted as a winger as he doesn’t have the speed or skills.

When I say a wide player, I mean as at the side of a central player, not as a traditional winger type. 

Everton have no plans to sack manager Marco Silva at this stage but club bosses are keen to see a turnaround in fortunes quickly, Sky Sports News understands

so basically we have no plans to sack him, but if he doesnt turn things around quickly, we will sack him 🤦🏻‍♂️

On 09/10/2019 at 14:48, Sibdane said:

The more I think about Rafa the more interested I'm in him as manager.

I'm going to wait until after the West Ham game to before I say we should absolutely sack Marco though.

why would you wait unyil then ?  if g=he loses he is out  if he wins he postpones it until Fahad Moshiri gives him the big elbow 

On 09/10/2019 at 14:48, Sibdane said:

The more I think about Rafa the more interested I'm in him as manager.

I'm going to wait until after the West Ham game to before I say we should absolutely sack Marco though.

I have been thinking about Rafa since the weekend when Newcastle beat Utd and the comments Bruce made. I am not sure how well the football played would go down here and ultimately whether we would ever crack the top 6 under him. He is a tactician but he is quite negative, even at Liverpool. He would be a solidifying appointment but I don't know how long that would last with the fans. 

On 09/10/2019 at 15:09, Matt said:

Whilst I have supported this notion more recently I would be concerned that you then have a midfield of 3 plodders. He gets out of position more than the other so I think you would need him in a 3 compared to a 2.

On the wing he would have loads more space than he has now. He would essentially be the 2019 version of Pienaar. Him and the full back linking up and controlling the play. I could see Kean and DCL up top in a proper 442 with Richarlison on the other wing attacking the back post. The problem will always be the two in central midfield. Gomes and Delph might be OK but I would want some genuine up and down energy. 

I think we also have too many wingers now for this to be a set up now as well.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I have been thinking about Rafa since the weekend when Newcastle beat Utd and the comments Bruce made. I am not sure how well the football played would go down here and ultimately whether we would ever crack the top 6 under him. He is a tactician but he is quite negative, even at Liverpool. He would be a solidifying appointment but I don't know how long that would last with the fans. 

Whilst I have supported this notion more recently I would be concerned that you then have a midfield of 3 plodders. He gets out of position more than the other so I think you would need him in a 3 compared to a 2.

On the wing he would have loads more space than he has now. He would essentially be the 2019 version of Pienaar. Him and the full back linking up and controlling the play. I could see Kean and DCL up top in a proper 442 with Richarlison on the other wing attacking the back post. The problem will always be the two in central midfield. Gomes and Delph might be OK but I would want some genuine up and down energy. 

I think we also have too many wingers now for this to be a set up now as well.

I think if you’re going down that road, I’d prefer 442 with Bernard on the left and Iwobi on the right. They’ve both got close control and work rate if we’re going wit the Pienaar template

He left them in a mess as well. Main success came from the foundations Houllier left plus a massive chunk of luck in Kewell getting injured forcing him to change things and Milan/Shevchenko throwing it away. 

League wise they got away with murder, much like united did, in that referees let them foul or even worse gave them a fk if the opposition won the ball. Those small margins are massive in football, they knock the wind out of you and put the opposition on the front seat. And those small margins you won't get at Everton. 

Newcastle, as poor as they are, only scored more than 2 goals in a match last season once and that was against us, or should I say Marco Silva.

Defensively he deserves plaudits as that Newcastle squad was devoid of premier league quality. But ultimately he's a more defensive version of Sam Allardyce, a Spanish MO'N, with his counter football found out by the end. 

Caretaker job to steady the ship or an advisory position to Unsworth (who strangely is tactically naive when it comes to defending, he played right into Leicester's hands in his breif spell in charge). But wouldn't want him at the mantle long term. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I think if you’re going down that road, I’d prefer 442 with Bernard on the left and Iwobi on the right. They’ve both got close control and work rate if we’re going wit the Pienaar template

Yeh maybe, it would be a bit horses for courses but I would definitely back Siggy to play better quality balls and score more goals than Bernard. 

21 hours ago, RPG said:

Latest is that we are after Erik Ten Hag from Ajax.

Might work but I agree with those who prefer Rafa.

I think he is a very promising manager. Plays the right way, learnt from the best for 2 years and has proven his credentials in a relatively easy league albeit taking over at a tough time doing well in European cup competitions.

The query I would have is how much better would we look now if we had the likes of De Jong and De Light? Hell, we would be a better side if we had Schone in midfield let alone the other two.

Had nearly two weeks to really think about this. It's not a clear cut choice. A large part of me recognizes Marco has yet to field the starting XI he would like to with Gbamin, Delph and Gomes all missing significant time. Sure that sounds like an excuse but facts are facts, they're constant in/out of the lineup has unsettled the middle of the pitch. 

Can we afford to wait until they get a run of games together to make a decision?  

Ultimately I've reached the following conclusion. If Everton does not win it's final 3 matches in October I'd like a new manager.

...At the very least i'd hope to never have to see Schneiderlin's name on the team sheet again.

1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Had nearly two weeks to really think about this. It's not a clear cut choice. A large part of me recognizes Marco has yet to field the starting XI he would like to with Gbamin, Delph and Gomes all missing significant time. Sure that sounds like an excuse but facts are facts, they're constant in/out of the lineup has unsettled the middle of the pitch. 

Can we afford to wait until they get a run of games together to make a decision?  

Ultimately I've reached the following conclusion. If Everton does not win it's final 3 matches in October I'd like a new manager.

...At the very least i'd hope to never have to see Schneiderlin's name on the team sheet again.

The team without Gomes, Delph and Gbmain (who is still unproven) should be more than good enough to be placed higher than 18th after 7 games.

No plan B, no consistency in team selection and picking out of form favourites are the reasons in my opinion why we are where we are.

A bit off topic, but I was looking on whoscored yesterday and noticed that we had the 4th most possession in the premier league so far this season, yet we do nothing with that possession. Marco seems to be liked by the players (i think), and he appears to be a good man manager with a forward thinking mind when it comes to style of play, but I'm afraid I just dont think he's much of a tactician.

Im waivering on Marco...Was very happy with his appointment, concerned with last xmas slump but boyed by results during tail end of season. Lets not foget the scalps we had vs top 4 teams yeah!!!! I attribute them to Marco.

But, the concerns are returning again now. WHY CANT WE PERFORM AGAINST TEAMS EXPECTED TO FINISH BOTTOM HALF OF LEAGUE!!!!!!!! This is no 'we are better than them post - we deserve to win', but on paper we are superiror.

I am puzzled by our players mental approach.

I am too, concerned by Marco's 1 striker 2 wide playmaker approach to EVERY game.

I am also thinking Marco has not been able to field 'his' team yet this year - which troubles me.

I think he still needs time to end of season - Christ, Gbamin is out until Feb which when he 1st joined his No. 6 was the key role to his whole formation plans!

4 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

As far as I'm aware we've not directly conceded a goal through the middle unless you count the one from the fk given away from Delph too easily. The middle isn't an issue, it's the tactics. 

13 hours ago, Cisk said:

Im waivering on Marco...Was very happy with his appointment, concerned with last xmas slump but boyed by results during tail end of season. Lets not foget the scalps we had vs top 4 teams yeah!!!! I attribute them to Marco.

But, the concerns are returning again now. WHY CANT WE PERFORM AGAINST TEAMS EXPECTED TO FINISH BOTTOM HALF OF LEAGUE!!!!!!!! This is no 'we are better than them post - we deserve to win', but on paper we are superiror.

I am puzzled by our players mental approach.

I am too, concerned by Marco's 1 striker 2 wide playmaker approach to EVERY game.

I am also thinking Marco has not been able to field 'his' team yet this year - which troubles me.

I think he still needs time to end of season - Christ, Gbamin is out until Feb which when he 1st joined his No. 6 was the key role to his whole formation plans!

A good manager won't hide behind injuries and with a squad like ours, should make the best of what he has.