IGNORED

Lewis Dobbin

57 minutes ago, Btay said:

Seen a bit of him at Derby, he’s got some serious talent and should be in around the first team next year.

I hope so - he looks like someone who is not afraid to run at the opposition, albeit at a lower level, this is what we seriously lack. I hope it’s not coached out of him here as Gray and Gordon both have this quality but haven’t seemed to back themselves of late - maybe it’s confidence, maybe it’s tactical - whatever it is, it makes us so easy to defend against and completely lacklustre in attack.

37 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I hope so - he looks like someone who is not afraid to run at the opposition, albeit at a lower level, this is what we seriously lack. I hope it’s not coached out of him here as Gray and Gordon both have this quality but haven’t seemed to back themselves of late - maybe it’s confidence, maybe it’s tactical - whatever it is, it makes us so easy to defend against and completely lacklustre in attack.

I think the 2 of them just want to skip inside and go for the worldie. Gray was at his best when he stood his man up and went for the byline but he doesn’t do it anymore. 

18 hours ago, Btay said:

I think the 2 of them just want to skip inside and go for the worldie. Gray was at his best when he stood his man up and went for the byline but he doesn’t do it anymore. 

That makes it so easy to defend as well as you are constantly running into more defenders. 

It also makes us extremely narrow when we are crying out for width. 

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

That makes it so easy to defend as well as you are constantly running into more defenders. 

It also makes us extremely narrow when we are crying out for width. 

I will admit it is quite strange because I thought at the start of the season we played with width. Tarkwoski & Coady were pinging diagonal’s to players on the touch line & we looked good doing it.

I agree with both your points though mate, we need to stretch teams & create space for Iwobi to operate in.

17 hours ago, Matt said:

Goal is the same size. 

True. A worldie is a worldie.

But the amount of time and space you have on the ball in the fifth tier surely has to be a little different than top leagues?  It is still an achievement to hit that alone on the practice field but even more so if top midfielders are hounding you.

55 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

But the amount of time and space you have on the ball in the fifth tier surely has to be a little different than top leagues?  It is still an achievement to hit that alone on the practice field but even more so if top midfielders are hounding you.

It drops to him from a cleared corner and he smacks it first time. It's not like Derby were passing it round and the opposition were standing off them letting them do what they wanted.

2 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Have you been watching us at all….

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He scored for Derby tonight to get them the three points. 

Hasn’t scored or assisted many this season but did see a stat somewhere that he’s in the top 5 or so for chances created. Hope he kicks on, looks a real live wire whenever I see him play.

3 hours ago, Btay said:

Hasn’t scored or assisted many this season but did see a stat somewhere that he’s in the top 5 or so for chances created. Hope he kicks on, looks a real live wire whenever I see him play.

It's his first in the league.

With him being more of a wide forward I wouldn't expect him to get many goals in his first experience of big boys football, but I am hoping he can kick on more in the second half of the season in terms of assists.

22 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's his first in the league.

With him being more of a wide forward I wouldn't expect him to get many goals in his first experience of big boys football, but I am hoping he can kick on more in the second half of the season in terms of assists.

Exactly right mate, it is good to see stats showing he is creating chances though.

Alternatively, we can always re call him in January…

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...