IGNORED

Lewis Dobbin

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't read through the matchday thread once I get back from the game, so I haven't seen it.

I don't think it's a huge differing of opinions on this subject tbh. You think he's ready to play in the PL now and I think he will be eventually. It's not like I think he's shit and we should just get rid.

This goal doesn't change my opinion on that either tbh but you should be allowed your moment to bask 😛.

I even tagged you in so you would get a notification...

1 hour ago, patto said:

Looks like he’s ahead of Danjuma now 

I hope that he can forge his way ahead, Danjuma has done little to impress me so far, granted little chance, but it seems the same wherever he goes, and given our financial restrictions, Lewis could be ideal, not to mention a home grown talent, which the Goodison faithful love.

• 1 month later...

Watching that game he was so frustrating. He was clearly the best player on the pitch but most of the game just passed him by

There was a 20 minute period at the end of the first half where he was superb but there were also times when his decision making was so poor

The penalty miss summed up his game really. It was a great run by him which drew the foul but then the pen was so poor. It looked like he was trying to place it in to the top corner, no pace on it at all, but ended up miles high and wide

6 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Watching that game he was so frustrating. He was clearly the best player on the pitch but most of the game just passed him by

There was a 20 minute period at the end of the first half where he was superb but there were also times when his decision making was so poor

The penalty miss summed up his game really. It was a great run by him which drew the foul but then the pen was so poor. It looked like he was trying to place it in to the top corner, no pace on it at all, but ended up miles high and wide

Do you not feel that when he plays for the under 21s he has a tendency to want to do all on his own, in similar fashion as we’ve seen from Danjuma in some games. Whether that’s because he is desperate to standout, or whether he hasn’t much faith in the players around him I don’t know, but he can be frustrating at times when he doesn’t make the simple pass and move. But he’s definitely a talent and for me needs a firmer hand in the coaching side. 

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

Do you not feel that when he plays for the under 21s he has a tendency to want to do all on his own, in similar fashion as we’ve seen from Danjuma in some games. Whether that’s because he is desperate to standout, or whether he hasn’t much faith in the players around him I don’t know, but he can be frustrating at times when he doesn’t make the simple pass and move. But he’s definitely a talent and for me needs a firmer hand in the coaching side. 

Yeah that’s a fair point and he still has time to develop and you can coach the decision making in to him, it’s the talent that can’t be coached and he already has that in abundance 

Hopefully he kicks on but I just think he needs another period out on loan to bring his game on

20 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Yeah that’s a fair point and he still has time to develop and you can coach the decision making in to him, it’s the talent that can’t be coached and he already has that in abundance 

Hopefully he kicks on but I just think he needs another period out on loan to bring his game on

He absolutely does. It's nonsensical that we didn't sort that out in the summer.

15 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He absolutely does. It's nonsensical that we didn't sort that out in the summer.

To be fair, when you know you've got no money and a small squad, it made sense to keep him. Hopefully next season we'll have a bit more flexibility or, worst case scenario he gets the Championship game time the PL so desperately wants us to have...

1 hour ago, Matt said:

To be fair, when you know you've got no money and a small squad, it made sense to keep him. Hopefully next season we'll have a bit more flexibility or, worst case scenario he gets the Championship game time the PL so desperately wants us to have...

Made sense so much that he's barely got any minutes. He hasn't been needed.

I'm actually fuming with the decision to keep him here tbh. I rate him highly and this year has been wasted for him.

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Made sense so much that he's barely got any minutes. He hasn't been needed.

I'm actually fuming with the decision to keep him here tbh. I rate him highly and this year has been wasted for him.

In hindsight, no. But with our injury record over the years, I'm (pleasantly) surprised that he's not been needed and I'm assuming that's why he was kept on. Still a couple of days this window though 

52 minutes ago, Matt said:

In hindsight, no. But with our injury record over the years, I'm (pleasantly) surprised that he's not been needed and I'm assuming that's why he was kept on. Still a couple of days this window though 

It might be hindsight for some but it's not for me. I said he wouldn't play and I thought he wouldn't even if we had injuries. There was absolutely no chance he was going to the amount of minutes to warrant wasting a year of his development.

I just hope it doesn't hold him back too much.

44 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It might be hindsight for some but it's not for me. I said he wouldn't play and I thought he wouldn't even if we had injuries. There was absolutely no chance he was going to the amount of minutes to warrant wasting a year of his development.

I just hope it doesn't hold him back too much.

Oh I didn't think he would either, unless there were 2-3 injuries. If he'd gone and we had had 3 injuries, we'd be cursing him going out on loan.

I really don't see that much in him to be honest. 

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Well we know dcl and Beto ain't the answer.   Why not give the kid a go as a mobile partner... 

Whilst I think it's a bit early to write him or 442 off, Dobbin does offer a completely different dynamic, probably better suited to chasing knockdowns etc so I'd be happy with that whilst Doucs is out