IGNORED

Lewis Dobbin

14 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’ll say it again: he must go out on loan to a Championship club. 

In fairness the whole team was shit first half but he was about the only one who was trying to be positive when he had it. Whilst I don’t think he is ready to be a starter I can see him being an impact player for the last 20 minutes.

18 minutes ago, Btay said:

I see what you are seeing mate, just give him time. There’s a decent little player in there. He was no worse than anyone out there first half.

I rate him and I’m wanting him given time by going out on loan. He’s nowhere near ready and with each performance he’s reinforcing it. 

8 hours ago, Btay said:

I see what you are seeing mate, just give him time. There’s a decent little player in there. He was no worse than anyone out there first half.

Problem is he won’t get much time here. 
We have Harrison and McNeil to come back and Iwobi will likely stay as well. 

A loan would do him more good.

• 3 months later...
13 minutes ago, Btay said:

He is looking a class above in the 21's. Hopefully he can find more first team minutes & performs at that level.

Again, he should have gone out on loan and he'd be getting first team minutes.

This half a season has been a complete and utter waste of time for him, and his development will have suffered.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm glad you realise you were wrong, mate. It's a sign of maturity.

I still think he can be an option off the bench however Dyche doesn't seem prepared to use subs - Bournemouth was a great chance for him to get a decent cameo.

I do agree with you, that if he isn't going to get the minutes here he needs a loan to a decent championship team & i'll follow him closely but I also understand why they were maybe reluctant to let him go with both McNeil & Harrison injured (I think Dobbin impressed Dyche pre-season a bit too much in a way)

6 minutes ago, Btay said:

I still think he can be an option off the bench however Dyche doesn't seem prepared to use subs - Bournemouth was a great chance for him to get a decent cameo.

I do agree with you, that if he isn't going to get the minutes here he needs a loan to a decent championship team & i'll follow him closely but I also understand why they were maybe reluctant to let him go with both McNeil & Harrison injured (I think Dobbin impressed Dyche pre-season a bit too much in a way)

Mate, he didn't look ready to be useful at this level at all. It was blatantly obvious he wouldn't get the minutes if he stayed here and that's exactly as it's worked out. It's not because Dyche doesn't use subs, it's because he's not good enough to help.

I repeat, I like Dobbin a lot and I think he's got a bright future but all pre-season showed me is that he needed another loan move.

I hope he gets it in January so at least some of the season can be salvaged for him.

5 minutes ago, Btay said:

Now your turn... admit you were wrong about Keane for 3 years so i can finally get a good night sleep 🫣

I mean, I wasn't. He is a very good defender when he's fit and his heads right.

He's too much of a goldilocks player though, in that circumstances have to be perfect for him to be at his best. No top flight side can afford that though.

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Mate, he didn't look ready to be useful at this level at all. It was blatantly obvious he wouldn't get the minutes if he stayed here and that's exactly as it's worked out. It's not because Dyche doesn't use subs, it's because he's not good enough to help.

I repeat, I like Dobbin a lot and I think he's got a bright future but all pre-season showed me is that he needed another loan move.

I hope he gets it in January so at least some of the season can be salvaged for him.

I mean, I wasn't. He is a very good defender when he's fit and his heads right.

He's too much of a goldilocks player though, in that circumstances have to be perfect for him to be at his best. No top flight side can afford that though.

Each to their own pal, I respect you're opinion 100% & I agree whole heartedly on him having a bright future.

Oh well it was worth a try I guess & that is as close as I'll ever get😂 

52 minutes ago, Shukes said:

So happy for this lad. Excellent finish and you could see what it meant for him. 
Watching his goals for lower tiers you can see he can finish.

Good strike on him.

I said when he came on to the guy behind me "I don't think he's good enough yet, watch him prove me wrong"

So I'm taking credit :lol:

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

As soon as I'd finished celebrating the goal I started laughing. Come on @Btay here's your moment. Channel your inner @Hafnia

Mate i made a mention in the matchday thread, which is enough for me. We may have differing opinions on a few matters but we both want the same thing for the club!

Good on the lad though, I bet he is absolutely buzzing. Also credit to Dyche, may have only come on in the 85th but he still trusted him at 1-0 to come on.

4 minutes ago, Btay said:

Mate i made a mention in the matchday thread, which is enough for me. We may have differing opinions on a few matters but we both want the same thing for the club!

Good on the lad though, I bet he is absolutely buzzing. Also credit to Dyche, may have only come on in the 85th but he still trusted him at 1-0 to come on.

I don't read through the matchday thread once I get back from the game, so I haven't seen it.

I don't think it's a huge differing of opinions on this subject tbh. You think he's ready to play in the PL now and I think he will be eventually. It's not like I think he's shit and we should just get rid.

This goal doesn't change my opinion on that either tbh but you should be allowed your moment to bask 😛.