IGNORED

Alex Iwobi

23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Again, if he won't sign a new contract then we'll have to sell him. We can't afford to lose that money.

How much money would we get for him, and how much would it cost to replace him? 

Is it not better to keep him and let him go at the end of next season. On the books his value has to be low as he only has 1 year left on his contract.  Plus if he is going on a free he will want to attract clubs. 

6 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Is it not better to keep him and let him go at the end of next season. On the books his value has to be low as he only has 1 year left on his contract.  Plus if he is going on a free he will want to attract clubs. 

No. If he was a great player then I'd be fully on board with holding on to him but he's really not and I think the money and getting shut of his wages would be more helpful to us than him on the pitch.

It's a bit like Coady in that if he's not going to play in his best position (centrally) then it makes sense to explore our options.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

No. If he was a great player then I'd be fully on board with holding on to him but he's really not and I think the money and getting shut of his wages would be more helpful to us than him on the pitch.

It's a bit like Coady in that if he's not going to play in his best position (centrally) then it makes sense to explore our options.

I am only nervous about clubs current ability to actually bring in player of a better caliber. The clubs ability to finance transfers but equally the desire for players to come here. As we saw in January, players are not knocking doors down to get moves to Everton. We have a whiff  stench of a club in turmoil.

So our shopping windows are for players who are not getting offers from bigger or better run clubs - the only way to get ahead of these clubs is to offer them financial incentives. We all know where this leads.  

I think as the club stands there is currently less optimism around the place than there was 12 months ago. So not sure how players will be sold Everton FC. Rightly or wrongly Lampard did seem to have a degree of pulling power for players - arguably more than Dyche will have.

We are going to have a lot of personnel changes this summer as it is, so ideally for me I would want to keep Iwobi for at least 12months for some continuity - However, with him currently only having 12months on his current contract puts us in a difficult position. If he doesn't sign a new contract, I feel we will be pretty much forced in to considering offers from him and finding a replacement. Forced to do anything is not ideal.

Selling Iwobi and getting a effective replacement - great. Selling and panic buying (or missing out) players on transfer deadline day is a recipe for another relegation battle or worse. 

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Do we have any idea what money Iwobi is on? and how much wages we would have to part with?

He has been one our better players this season and has a fair few assists.

I would not really like to see him go, as club currently having a very poor record in replacing players!!!

According to Sportrac he is one of the highest earners and on above 100k per week.

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

That’s 7 players, we won’t be getting close to that especially ones that will take us to top 10. We have got a few half decent youngsters out on loan, but Dyche isn’t known for giving that many youngsters a chance. I think we need to buy 2-3 quality players if we can attract or afford them. 1 striker, 1 LB, and possibly 1 RW but because we let Coady go that’s now made CB become a priority. 

I don't know how much stock you can put in the "Dyche doesn't play youngsters". The one decent young player he had (McNeil), he played. He is a pragmatist and I suspect he will give any player good enough a chance.

5 hours ago, London Blue said:

I would say that Garner already looks like a replacement for a central Iwobi. He also covers right back like him as well!

Garner is on a 1/4 of the salary. We bought Garner for £10m. Iwobi has a market value of £25m according to Transfermarkt.

4 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I am only nervous about clubs current ability to actually bring in player of a better caliber. The clubs ability to finance transfers but equally the desire for players to come here. As we saw in January, players are not knocking doors down to get moves to Everton. We have a whiff  stench of a club in turmoil.

So our shopping windows are for players who are not getting offers from bigger or better run clubs - the only way to get ahead of these clubs is to offer them financial incentives. We all know where this leads.  

I think as the club stands there is currently less optimism around the place than there was 12 months ago. So not sure how players will be sold Everton FC. Rightly or wrongly Lampard did seem to have a degree of pulling power for players - arguably more than Dyche will have.

We are going to have a lot of personnel changes this summer as it is, so ideally for me I would want to keep Iwobi for at least 12months for some continuity - However, with him currently only having 12months on his current contract puts us in a difficult position. If he doesn't sign a new contract, I feel we will be pretty much forced in to considering offers from him and finding a replacement. Forced to do anything is not ideal.

Selling Iwobi and getting a effective replacement - great. Selling and panic buying (or missing out) players on transfer deadline day is a recipe for another relegation battle or worse. 

I think most on TT will totally pissed off if we end up panic buying on deadline day. Want to see deals done early so the squad has some time to work together.

2 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

I think most on TT will totally pissed off if we end up panic buying on deadline day. Want to see deals done early so the squad has some time to work together.

we couldn't even manage deadline panic buying in the last transfer window - I would definitely like to some decent player in before we start selling saleable players, I really have no fair in the board delivering.

We survived by the skin of our teeth, and I don't quite know how it was managed after the January transfer market we had. I was so low and embarrassed to be a Everton fan following the last transfer deadline day -  They managed to make a weak squad weaker. It was pure negligence, and the club got away with it by the skin of our teeth. 

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

we couldn't even manage deadline panic buying in the last transfer window - I would definitely like to some decent player in before we start selling saleable players, I really have no fair in the board delivering.

We survived by the skin of our teeth, and I don't quite know how it was managed after the January transfer market we had. I was so low and embarrassed to be a Everton fan following the last transfer deadline day -  They managed to make a weak squad weaker. It was pure negligence, and the club got away with it by the skin of our teeth. 

In the same breath, I am glad that Thelwell and Dyche didnt go and panic buy. Look at how many useless players the teams around us brought in and how little they added, especially in the forward areas we wanted.

Given our financial situation that would have been negligence.

The bigger act of negligence was not sacking Lampard sooner.

4 hours ago, London Blue said:

Current Player of the Season standings....
Alex Iwobi...165
Dwight McNeil...110
Jordan Pickford...81

For a team who finished 17th, so the bar wasn’t exactly high. That’s no proof that he’s good enough to get us into 10th. The same as that’s no proof that Iwobi and McNeil are better than Pickford. 

2 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Everyone being worse happened in more than one match.  Our squad is shite.  

Our squad is shite, and Iwobi doesn’t look out of place. This is my point. 

If we want to move forward we need to think of 2-3 quality players, not 6-7 average players. 

Im willing to bet that we can’t sell him for what we paid for him. And that’s with inflation.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Our squad is shite, and Iwobi doesn’t look out of place. This is my point. 

If we want to move forward we need to think of 2-3 quality players, not 6-7 average players. 

Im willing to bet that we can’t sell him for what we paid for him. And that’s with inflation.

Can you tell me since Iwobi joined us how many players we have sold for the same or more than we paid for them. 

2 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Richy, Gordon, Moise Kean, Niels...too name a few 

We didn’t buy Gordon, Richarlison is probably break even, Kean is plus 5 million, Niels plus 1.7 million, not great I’m sure you would agree especially when Kean and Niels achieved nothing for the team, and Iwobi has been one of our better players. If he doesn’t sign a new deal then he will go for a low price that’s the way of the market, unless of course he or we run down his contract and he goes for nothing. 

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We didn’t buy Gordon, Richarlison is probably break even, Kean is plus 5 million, Niels plus 1.7 million, not great I’m sure you would agree especially when Kean and Niels achieved nothing for the team, and Iwobi has been one of our better players. If he doesn’t sign a new deal then he will go for a low price that’s the way of the market, unless of course he or we run down his contract and he goes for nothing. 

How is Richy break even? 

I think getting profit on Kean and Niels is great for the very point you mentioned...they did next to nothing for the team.

anyway, your question was how many have we sold for same/more than we paid. All of the players mentioned fit that description (Gordon does, however I'll concede that one is debatable)

personally I don't think we should sell Iwobi, I've mentioned that in this thread already. I also agree we would get less for him, however I think we over paid for him and that's part of the reason. 

47 minutes ago, StevO said:

We made money on Richarlison, undersold in my opinion but absolutely in profit. 
Also, contrary to what the song says, he didn’t actually cost £50m. 

He was an initial payment of 35 million with 15 million in add in’s which I am assuming were met. 

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He was an initial payment of 35 million with 15 million in add in’s which I am assuming were met. 

I'd be interested to see how add-ons are actually structured. Who knows if the bulk of the £15m are appearance and goal based, or if it's the club reaching targets such as European football, or winning/reaching a domestic cup final etc.

Who knows if it even is £15m.

12 hours ago, Palfy said:

Can you tell me since Iwobi joined us how many players we have sold for the same or more than we paid for them. 

No. Don’t have the time or inclination. My point is my opinion and not based on anything other than that. 
But people are claiming he is a player that could get us into the top ten. 

We barely escaped relegation with him. 
Surely that makes him one of our prize assets?