IGNORED

Alex Iwobi

11 hours ago, Palfy said:

Of course I have if you finish 1st twice and 4th and 6th twice out of 6 categories out of the whole squad then that makes you one of the better players in the team and certainly not one of the worst, so that’s not game over that’s called game on. Yes Arsenal did sell him to us, but that doesn’t mean the evidence isn’t there that he isn’t capable of playing in a top 10 team he did for 3 seasons, but like I said before it takes a team and not one player to get success. 

Don’t think anyone is arguing it doesn’t take a team mate, not one single person.

But your own stats have shown that he is bang on average in a very poor team. 
Compare that other players in the team, for example Gana and his stats are poor.

I’m fact your stats suggest out of the few attacking players we have, ( Iwobi, Gray, McNeil, and two strikers that never played) he even managed to somehow score a 6th place out of five.

Actually, you’ve changed my mind, he’s one of our best!

38 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Don’t think anyone is arguing it doesn’t take a team mate, not one single person.

But your own stats have shown that he is bang on average in a very poor team. 
Compare that other players in the team, for example Gana and his stats are poor.

I’m fact your stats suggest out of the few attacking players we have, ( Iwobi, Gray, McNeil, and two strikers that never played) he even managed to somehow score a 6th place out of five.

Actually, you’ve changed my mind, he’s one of our best!

You are arguing that he isn’t good enough for a top 10 team because we finished 17th so there proves he’s not good enough or we wouldn’t have finished 17th your words not mine, which would make him in your opinion solely responsible for our position, you stupid boy 👦😂👊

Also if in 6 categories you finish 1st twice and 4th and 6th twice out of the 25 players involved in those, how does that make you bang average in the team, maths may not be your strongest subject, but please share how did you mathematically come to that conclusion, because I make him one of the top 3-4 performers in the team on stats, yet his team mates make him number 1, why because I’m guessing stats don’t give you the full picture but footballing knowledge does. Bang average in this team my arse😂

2 hours ago, StevO said:

The problem when he is in the middle is that every single time he gives the ball away we seem to concede.
He runs himself into blind alleys regardless of where he is on the pitch. But when he’s out wide the ball tends to go out for a throw in or goal kick, when he does it in the middle we are massively exposed to the counter. 
It’s very much risk and reward with him, unfortunately the risk when he’s in the middle is too high and the reward out wide isn’t high enough. 

I can’t argue with that. He’s given away some shocking passes. There’s one pass I remember specifically (I think against Fulham) where he had so many options and absolutely chose the worst one. It led to a goal. I think he was playing on the right in that game but was in the middle of the field when this happened. I still think that if we get rid of him we need to bring other bodies first. Our depth is our main weakness. 

1 minute ago, Sibdane said:

I can’t argue with that. He’s given away some shocking passes. There’s one pass I remember specifically (I think against Fulham) where he had so many options and absolutely chose the worst one. It led to a goal. I think he was playing on the right in that game but was in the middle of the field when this happened. I still think that if we get rid of him we need to bring other bodies first. Our depth is our main weakness. 

Leicester also...when Vardy scored. 

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

You are arguing that he isn’t good enough for a top 10 team because we finished 17th so there proves he’s not good enough or we wouldn’t have finished 17th your words not mine, which would make him in your opinion solely responsible for our position, you stupid boy 👦😂👊

Also if in 6 categories you finish 1st twice and 4th and 6th twice out of the 25 players involved in those, how does that make you bang average in the team, maths may not be your strongest subject, but please share how did you mathematically come to that conclusion, because I make him one of the top 3-4 performers in the team on stats, yet his team mates make him number 1, why because I’m guessing stats don’t give you the full picture but footballing knowledge does. Bang average in this team my arse😂

No I was responding to the posts above mine that were saying he is the type of player you need to GET you top ten. It’s all in black and white above mate….. I won’t edit it.

I could play for one minute of any game and have better stats than the players that didn’t play. He isn't being measured against 25 at all and you know it…. He is being measured against players who play similar positions. And for that he scores very low to average. 

I would challenge you any day to maths mate as it’s possibly my only strong point haha. I’m pretty much useless at anything else. An example being let’s compare him against Pickford… just him and Picks. 
He finishes last in saves, forward passes, pretty much any stat that involves goalkeeping. 

So comparing him on chosen stats against 25 players that don’t play in his position i a an unfair comparison.

Let’s isolate one of your stats. 1v1 which is arguably one of the most important stats for an attacking midfielder. 

Then let’s look at the players he is up against:

McNeil. 
Gray. 
Dom. 
Duke. 
Struggling to add anymore.

Maths = 5 players including himself. Palf your own stats have him at 6th ffs haha. He isn’t even in the top 5 of 5 players.

What are his shooting stats like? Again important for a midfielder surely?

What about pass completion, for me THE most important stat for a midfielder.? 

And this is why I don’t rate him as highly as you. 

Let’s settle this. I’m arguing my own opinion way to much. I’m not trying to change your mind mate. After all that’s what makes us such good sparing partners. 

Let’s just agree I’m right and leave it at that 😚

9 minutes ago, Shukes said:

No I was responding to the posts above mine that were saying he is the type of player you need to GET you top ten. It’s all in black and white above mate….. I won’t edit it.

I could play for one minute of any game and have better stats than the players that didn’t play. He isn't being measured against 25 at all and you know it…. He is being measured against players who play similar positions. And for that he scores very low to average. 

I would challenge you any day to maths mate as it’s possibly my only strong point haha. I’m pretty much useless at anything else. An example being let’s compare him against Pickford… just him and Picks. 
He finishes last in saves, forward passes, pretty much any stat that involves goalkeeping. 

So comparing him on chosen stats against 25 players that don’t play in his position i a an unfair comparison.

Let’s isolate one of your stats. 1v1 which is arguably one of the most important stats for an attacking midfielder. 

Then let’s look at the players he is up against:

McNeil. 
Gray. 
Dom. 
Duke. 
Struggling to add anymore.

Maths = 5 players including himself. Palf your own stats have him at 6th ffs haha. He isn’t even in the top 5 of 5 players.

What are his shooting stats like? Again important for a midfielder surely?

What about pass completion, for me THE most important stat for a midfielder.? 

And this is why I don’t rate him as highly as you. 

Let’s settle this. I’m arguing my own opinion way to much. I’m not trying to change your mind mate. After all that’s what makes us such good sparing partners. 

Let’s just agree I’m right and leave it at that 😚

Okay mate I surrender you've worn me down.

10 hours ago, StevO said:

The problem when he is in the middle is that every single time he gives the ball away we seem to concede.
He runs himself into blind alleys regardless of where he is on the pitch. But when he’s out wide the ball tends to go out for a throw in or goal kick, when he does it in the middle we are massively exposed to the counter. 
It’s very much risk and reward with him, unfortunately the risk when he’s in the middle is too high and the reward out wide isn’t high enough. 

I think this is probably the best overview of him. He is certainly a player that has his moments but they do seem fairly evenly balanced between good and bad. On his good he might get into a top 10 side but his bad weighs him down to our level!

• 1 month later...

He was one of our best players last season - and given where we are is still currently a very important member of the team/ squad.

However, he is not a player who is irreplaceable and given how he was in the first couple of season there was a time when I though he would be another player stuck on the books who know body else would want.

From interviews I have heard with him, he is not a player I feel has his heart fully invested in Everton either, which is supported by not appearing overly interested in signing a new contract.  I think he would be happy to walk next season for nothing. 

In the last year of his contract, if we got +£20M for him, and club reinvested for a replacement then I think he has to be sold really. Based on next seasons wages and maybe loss of say a £20M fee -  would you in your right mind shell out £25M to have Iwobi play for a single season?. Keeping him until June 24 would essentially cost us the club £500,000 a week.

Iwobi’s energy has always impressed, but for an attacking midfielder/winger, he hasn’t in 4 seasons with Everton produced much in the way of goals/assists (a total of 6/11 in EPL matches).  He looks impressive, runs forever, can play several positions, seems a very likable teammate.

His versatility has been important the last couple of seasons.  But maybe Garner, while not as energetic-looking, will prove equally versatile and rather more productive.  For, if Iwobi has moved around from (usually right) winger, attacking central midfielder, and occasional right wingback, might we not expect Garner to actually serve in those roles more effectively?

Probably Garner will be more a controlling than attacking midfielder, but if so, I’m inclined to think playing through Garner will be more effective than what Iwobi’s great energy has produced.

3 hours ago, RPG said:

If we look at a likely starting 11 with what we have at the moment, plus Gnonto, who I think may join us:

Pickford

Patterson. Tarkowski. Branthwaite. Young

Gueye

Gnonto. Garner. Doucoure. McNeil

DCL

Gomes, Dele, Onana, Cannon, Mykolenko, Lonergan, Keane on the bench.

It doesn’t look quite as bad as I feared - assuming Gomes and Dele come good.

Maybe not, but a bunch of injuries, which is always likely, and we're in shit street again.

For his versatility alone I would think about keeping Iwobi. However, his end product leaves much to be desired and as @RuffRob said, he is not a player who is irreplaceable.

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/07/13/alan-myers-shares-everton-plan-for-triple-attacking-signing-of-anthony-elanga-arnaut-danjuma-and-wilfried-gnonto/

Big if, but if the likes of Elanga, Danjuma and Gnonto did arrive then that would pave the way for the likes of Iwobi and Gray to also move on this summer. 

Two 27 years old in final year of there contract swapped out for 19, 21 and 26 years old's on new contracts. They also bring a lot of pace to the side.

Of concern is that if you look at the heat map of their stating playing positions all three are near identical, which is also similar to that of McNeil. However, all three have also played a fair bit in the center and on the right.

I really don't see all three coming. could be a very different looking team next season.

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/07/13/alan-myers-shares-everton-plan-for-triple-attacking-signing-of-anthony-elanga-arnaut-danjuma-and-wilfried-gnonto/

Big if, but if the likes of Elanga, Danjuma and Gnonto did arrive then that would pave the way for the likes of Iwobi and Gray to also move on this summer. 

Two 27 years old in final year of there contract swapped out for 19, 21 and 26 years old's on new contracts. They also bring a lot of pace to the side.

Of concern is that if you look at the heat map of their stating playing positions all three are near identical, which is also similar to that of McNeil. However, all three have also played a fair bit in the center and on the right.

I really don't see all three coming. could be a very different looking team next season.

Not worried about their heat maps, Dyche will have them burning it up and if he doesn't think he can, they shouldn't be signed in the first place 

Imo we need to make a decision on him and quick. I can’t see anyway he signs a new contract now and therefore we lose him for free next summer. I personally don’t think we can afford to lose players for nothing and therefore we need to get this done. We have so much work in the transfer market this summer and as always we’re doing what we do best - very little and slowly! 

2 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Have we actually offered him a contract?

The reports are that we have but he’s rejected it so far. I’m not in favour of increasing his wages (already high) as that has a knock on effect with the rest of the squad and future acquisitions with regards wage structure which has been an issue for us in the not so long past. I also don’t think he’s worth it!