IGNORED

Alex Iwobi

Fair play getting the award but I think its a stretch to say he had an excellent season. 
He had a purple patch under FL but still wasn't exactly stellar. Got a few assists then too I think.
But on reflection he's a midfielder who runs a round a lot, and doesn't really impact a game.
Goals and assists ratio for a £30 million man is shocking (typical Everton)
We'll probably keep him as it will be cheaper than replacing him 

I find myself watching closely each game waiting for that moment he does something good.

Other players I can choose between several moments. 

He hasn’t had an excellent season at all. He had a decent patch, but that was when we were so poor. He has No reverted back to the Iwobi that Arsenal sold. Nothing against him, but players like him are the reason we’re where we are. Average 5-6 players who have the occasional 7, and maybe once a season get an 8.

Time will tell if Dyche feels the need to strengthen that position.

I don't think Iwobi has been as bad as before the performances he gave in the first half of the season. I think it's unfair to say he's been that bad under Dyche.

I wouldn't be opposed to selling him, but I doubt anyone will be interested paying his wages.

He's a good player to have in the team, and will add some depth next season. 

32 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I don't think Iwobi has been as bad as before the performances he gave in the first half of the season. I think it's unfair to say he's been that bad under Dyche.

154 TT MOTM votes in the first part of the season.

11 this year.

He's been poor for me.

40 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We were getting ripped to shreds through the middle with him playing centrally. Moving him away from there made sense for the team even if it didn't help Iwobi.

With better players around him his best position is in midfield. His running and passing are a real asset.

5 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Given where we were with injuries etc, yes absolutely right to move him. 

Another plus for Iwobi is that he never through his toys out of the pram and just got on with it.

Iwobi's a really tough one because he seems like a really decent person, so I want him to do well, and he clearly has ability but I do feel like it's overstated as well.

He doesn't get that many assists or goals for an attacking midfielder for me, especially as he's going to be on £100k a week or thereabouts. The lack of assists isn't all his fault at all but he really needs to do something about the goals he gets.

All in all, I wouldn't really be bothered either way in terms of him staying here or leaving.

14 hours ago, Bailey said:

I also dont think his form warranted him playing in the middle ahead of the others. For every good ball he plays, he has given away a shocking pass. 

On the whole, I think he has been ok. Not as good as the end of last season, but still better than the previous seasons.

This is where I am. I don’t think he went into the middle and lit the world up, he just played better than his very below par performances.

His worst giveaway was right in the middle of the pitch, where his  best position is. 

I said before. Iwobi had his best games in the middle, but we were in freefall.

We move him to the side and his performances drop, but the team improves. 

We’re Everton FC not Iwobi FC. 

I would keep him, but if he is in the first team come the start of the season…. Then we’ve failed during the transfer window.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

This is where I am. I don’t think he went into the middle and lit the world up, he just played better than his very below par performances.

His worst giveaway was right in the middle of the pitch, where his  best position is. 

I would keep him, but if he is in the first team come the start of the season…. Then we’ve failed during the transfer window.

If he's in the first team next season it tells me (a) we've had very little cash to spend again (b) we've spent it in areas we should've - striker and full back. 

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

If he's in the first team next season it tells me (a) we've had very little cash to spend again (b) we've spent it in areas we should've - striker and full back. 

I’m hoping after letting so many players go we can strengthen in other areas too.  But agreed those areas are 100% priority.

I think he is a quality player when in the right team, I think he is a first team starter if you are aiming to get into the top ten or for a Europa conference / league place.

If you are aiming higher, he is then like all but Pickford and DCL a squad player.

We should be aiming to make the top 10 - 15 next season.....

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Yes and I agree with them. He is a very nice guy and one that his peers respect.

I respect him as well, and from what I have saw of him, he seems a great guy. 

I just think he is an average premier league player that’s all. Just my thoughts though.

Does that mean he’s to good for us because we are below an average PL team, if you think about it average in the league would be 11th-9th does that sound about right, and we are in poor category at 17th I think we should feel lucky we have him😂

No not at all. Average players play around the lower part of the league. To get into the top half you need to a very good player. 
To get into the top 8 really you need to be looking at having some of the best players around.

But I’m hoping the club have higher aspirations that you Palf and want to improve the team and make a push for Europe next year. 

I feel we are lucky to have Pickford in the team, although I also feel he should feel gratitude himself. I don’t feel we’re lucky to have any other players in the team at all. And for me Iwobi is in the bottom half our our squad.

50 minutes ago, Shukes said:

No not at all. Average players play around the lower part of the league. To get into the top half you need to a very good player. 
To get into the top 8 really you need to be looking at having some of the best players around.

But I’m hoping the club have higher aspirations that you Palf and want to improve the team and make a push for Europe next year. 

I feel we are lucky to have Pickford in the team, although I also feel he should feel gratitude himself. I don’t feel we’re lucky to have any other players in the team at all. And for me Iwobi is in the bottom half our our squad.

We need 2 new strikers, 2 wingers, left back, right back and maybe a centre back just to have a squad that can compete. We don't have the finances for proven quality signings. Therefore we are going to be aiming to get as close to the top 10 as we can.

I want to keep him especially as so many being got rid of. We need some stability in the squad especially if youngsters are going to get their chance. Those who have been there and done that are invaluable and I think Iwobi fits that.

8 hours ago, Shukes said:

I agree with you apart from the last bit. Im not necessarily sure we will have the cash to move him out of the starting 11. 

I think the lad has a lot of ability but lacks a bit when it comes to football intelligence. He has more of that than Gray though, which is worrying. 

On 04/06/2023 at 17:06, London Blue said:

We need 2 new strikers, 2 wingers, left back, right back and maybe a centre back just to have a squad that can compete. We don't have the finances for proven quality signings. Therefore we are going to be aiming to get as close to the top 10 as we can.

That’s 7 players, we won’t be getting close to that especially ones that will take us to top 10. We have got a few half decent youngsters out on loan, but Dyche isn’t known for giving that many youngsters a chance. I think we need to buy 2-3 quality players if we can attract or afford them. 1 striker, 1 LB, and possibly 1 RW but because we let Coady go that’s now made CB become a priority. 

45 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That’s 7 players, we won’t be getting close to that especially ones that will take us to top 10. We have got a few half decent youngsters out on loan, but Dyche isn’t known for giving that many youngsters a chance. I think we need to buy 2-3 quality players if we can attract or afford them. 1 striker, 1 LB, and possibly 1 RW but because we let Coady go that’s now made CB become a priority. 

That's my point, players like Iwobi, good players who can get us to the top 10 we already have are going to be vital. We need to prioritise other areas rather than replacing a good player we aldready have.

41 minutes ago, London Blue said:

That's my point, players like Iwobi, good players who can get us to the top 10 we already have are going to be vital. We need to prioritise other areas rather than replacing a good player we aldready have.

Again, if he won't sign a new contract then we'll have to sell him. We can't afford to lose that money.