IGNORED

Alex Iwobi

Given his contract situation, and the clubs financial situation then they have to take the deal thats on the table. The disappointing thing will be not seeing another player coming in to make up the numbers.

it may give us wiggle room in January's market. 

I think its going to be fingers crossed on the injury front for the next 4-5months.

Do not understand the Iwobi hate.  He is a starter for us.  It is like everyone in this thread has totally forgotten how shit the rest of our squad is.  Wake up.  The last two season have been so hard to watch.

If he does go it does not look like we are going to replace him.  That will be a blow, no question, but still think it will be the right thing to do though.  If he won't sign that contract then we have to move him on.  Can't keep losing people on a free.

We just have to hope what we have brought in will be good enough.  If Harrison or Danjuma can excel on the right then losing Iwobi might not be that big of a deal.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Reminder, Iwobi only became our most creative player after we lost Richarlison, Digne, Siggurdsson and James. (Bernard, Walcott, Gomes and Baines can go into that list too)
Did he improve or did the standard around him drop? 

If we can get him out of the door for £20m+ we are doing well. If we can find a replacement then even better!

Don’t put perspective into the equation haha.

He has his best season last season. There’s your answer. 
I still remember that last day, was one of the most stressful games I have been at.

29 minutes ago, StevO said:

It’s not hate. It’s seeing him being average but some seem to think that average makes him great. McNeil out performed him last season. He got into our team under Lampard because we had few other options and he improved, no doubt, but he’s not exactly been winning games for us. He’s not been very good out wide, we don’t play a style that suits him being in the middle. Not to mention that he gives the ball away too often in the middle. 
He’s been ok, nothing more than ok, for two years (but ok stood out because all of our creatives players have left) but before that he was absolutely shite. I don’t think anyone would disagree with that. 

We are relegated without him

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Palhina deal off so Fulham wont want Iwobi. 

They don't play in the same position.

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Reminder, Iwobi only became our most creative player after we lost Richarlison, Digne, Siggurdsson and James. (Bernard, Walcott, Gomes and Baines can go into that list too)
Did he improve or did the standard around him drop? 

If we can get him out of the door for £20m+ we are doing well. If we can find a replacement then even better!

This is a good shout to be fair, and something that I'm struggling to disagree with.

24 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

There is no response. Over the last 2 years did anyone get more MotM votes than Iwobi? I’m guessing it wasn’t particularly close. He’s not a perfect player but without him in the team we are in the Championship.

That's skewed by the fact that he started last season like a train and very quickly amassed more than 108 votes virtually before anyone else got off the mark. 

Over the twenty-four games after his purple patch he added only another twelve.

Previous season he came in behind Gray, Gordon and Pickford.

24 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

There is no response. Over the last 2 years did anyone get more MotM votes than Iwobi? I’m guessing it wasn’t particularly close. He’s not a perfect player but without him in the team we are in the Championship.

We’ve also just brought in Danjuma and Harrison, if they can’t do more than Iwobi we’ve got big enough problems. If Iwobi was good enough maybe we wouldn’t have been so close to the drop  

A guy who in those last two years you speak of scored four league goals in 66 appearances. Hardly set the world alight.

Danjuma scored 13 league goals in 42 appearances in those two years. 
McNeil scored seven league goals in 74. Harrison scored 13 league goals in 71. 

Should Iwobi start above any of them anyway?

I struggle to have much affinity with any of our current players and Iwobi is no exception. I struggle to see why some see him as the second coming of Christ. Hes at best an average player in a terrible team. He did better under Lamps but for 2 years prior to that he was terrible. I’ll wish him well but I’m happy he’s off for the fee reported. I’m a little worried not heard much about this deal for a few hours now. 

7 minutes ago, barryj said:

I struggle to have much affinity with any of our current players and Iwobi is no exception. I struggle to see why some see him as the second coming of Christ. Hes at best an average player in a terrible team. He did better under Lamps but for 2 years prior to that he was terrible. I’ll wish him well but I’m happy he’s off for the fee reported. I’m a little worried not heard much about this deal for a few hours now. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

It’s not hate. It’s seeing him being average but some seem to think that average makes him great. McNeil out performed him last season. He got into our team under Lampard because we had few other options and he improved, no doubt, but he’s not exactly been winning games for us. He’s not been very good out wide, we don’t play a style that suits him being in the middle. Not to mention that he gives the ball away too often in the middle. 
He’s been ok, nothing more than ok, for two years (but ok stood out because all of our creatives players have left) but before that he was absolutely shite. I don’t think anyone would disagree with that. 

I think hate is the wrong word, he clearly devides opinion but I think he is underrated by some and I can’t get my head around people almost celebrating him leaving

Yes business wise it’s a good deal but it leaves the squad weaker in a footballing sense

Im not claiming he is a great player but I think you are missing the point when you say he only stood out because all of our creative players had left, apart from the fact his stats stack up favourably with everyone outside the top six not just at Everton

My concern is exactly that all of our creative players have left, surely getting rid of another one can’t be a good move?