IGNORED

Ibrahimovic

Zlatan would make a difference to us on the pitch as well as off it. 
Until last week none of our players showed much fight, Zlatan wouldn’t stand for that. Not to mention his quality on the ball. He was never the type of player to go dribbling with pace past a few defenders, so nothing like that will he lost with his age. He still looks as physically in shape as he did ten years ago. 6-18 months of him would be great. 

I don’t think we’d pull it off though. 

On 16/12/2019 at 17:12, StevO said:

Zlatan would make a difference to us on the pitch as well as off it. 
Until last week none of our players showed much fight, Zlatan wouldn’t stand for that. Not to mention his quality on the ball. He was never the type of player to go dribbling with pace past a few defenders, so nothing like that will he lost with his age. He still looks as physically in shape as he did ten years ago. 6-18 months of him would be great. 

I don’t think we’d pull it off though. 

Unless he wants a bit part somewhere better or a big wage from China where else would he go? 

8 hours ago, Aidan said:

Unless he wants a bit part somewhere better or a big wage from China where else would he go? 

Zlatan would never want a bit part anywhere. You don't understand Ibra if you think he would settle for a bit part anywhere. The thing is. I really believe that Ibra would make a massive difference here. Thats not JUST a dig at our other strikers, that's just how good he still is. 

I know ibra is very much a look at me big ego kind of guy and I don't really like that in a player but I'd be interested to know how much of a team player he is within a squad. 

If he's the kind that would get on with people and use his experience to help others then he'd be a great short term addition.  DCL could learn a lot from Ibra if he could spend some time with him in training. 

1 hour ago, Peter H said:

Zlatan would never want a bit part anywhere. You don't understand Ibra if you think he would settle for a bit part anywhere. The thing is. I really believe that Ibra would make a massive difference here. Thats not JUST a dig at our other strikers, that's just how good he still is. 

He's a short term fix, but could be worth it. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

That’s all he could be. I’m hoping it means him up top with DCL and Richarlison back on the wing. DCL has come on so much this season it’d be reckless to drop him just because it’s Ibra

Ancelotti prefers a 442 system anyway with a goal scorer pairing with more of a pressing forward. Him and DCL could work well together in this system so no need to move him to the wing (by the way imagine being a defender and having to come up against DCL and Ibrahimovic 🙄

This allows Richy to get back into his best position on the left flank. 

25 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

I know ibra is very much a look at me big ego kind of guy and I don't really like that in a player but I'd be interested to know how much of a team player he is within a squad. 

If he's the kind that would get on with people and use his experience to help others then he'd be a great short term addition.  DCL could learn a lot from Ibra if he could spend some time with him in training. 

He is ego, and arrogant but somehow most team mates always love him. He is a bit of a prankster. Compare him to Gazza in that respect. A mix of Gazza and Roy Keane. 

6 minutes ago, Peter H said:

If Ibra comes to Everton we need a good crosser of the ball. Ibra is a beast in the air. 

Digne and Siggy can share that responsibility. Although a winger that could cross would be nice. Wouldn't mind Callejon if he and Ibra didn't push the average age up too much! 

57 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Digne and Siggy can share that responsibility. Although a winger that could cross would be nice. Wouldn't mind Callejon if he and Ibra didn't push the average age up too much! 

At the moment Sidibe is probably the best crosser of the ball on the run. 

5 hours ago, Peter H said:

was just going to say this, zlatan doesn't do bit part.  he only does zlatan.

1 hour ago, Hoof_It_Nev said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-ancelotti-ibrahimovic-transfer-news-17464193

"I'd have to call him and maybe I will call him. Just, if he wants to come to Liverpool, he can come to enjoy. But, not to play!"

Hopefully that’s the end of the matter, even  Ancelotti knows he’s past his sell by date for the PL.