IGNORED

Burnley (Home) Thursday December 26th

markjazzbassist

2 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

The defence was solid, Holgate is growing confidence in every game. Sid was an outlet every time and his delivery was brilliant 

He was off the pace. Our best chance fell to him and his touch probably went down as a shot on the stats. For the most part he was out weakest player considering we needed more urgency and creativity. An assist, which let's be honest DCL made the most of a poor cross, doesn't mask his performance. 

Sidibe was brilliant today. He may not be a right back but he is a footballer and a battler. Gave 100%.  

Still want to see more work off the ball from Kean. Only looks interested when we’re in possession. Played a nice lay off for DCL though and of the favour had been returned then Kean would’ve in. 

very impressed with Coleman today as well. Never stopped rubbing and do so well stepping out from the back there to try and break the lines. 

Thoroughly professional job today, it's difficult to play fast flowing football and win 12-0 when you're against a side that is set up to frustrate and time waste. Burnley were only ever interested in the 0-0 so the fact we found that moment of magic was very pleasing to see. 

The fine margins between Silva and Ancelotti were on show today. We kept the ball and dominated possession, happy to play backwards and across the back four with the difference that we could snap into attack in an instant. Dominating possession and probing the ball with end product is the ingredient to a very good side and we have laid foundations today in the best possible way - a clean sheet and three points. 

Tough to decide between Mina and Sidibe for MOTM but in the end I went with the latter for his fantastic assist (with full credit to DCL for finding the back of the net). Mina I thought was a proper monster at the back, never giving the opposition a sniff and deserves double wages for his clearance off the line, 1-0 down 90 seconds into Carlo's reign would have been nothing short of disastrous.

Good to see Holgate performing well and getting the nod over Keane, with Mason's age we could well be looking at a Holgate/Mina partnership throughout the Ancelotti era (at least until the summer). 

We were the dominant force from start to finish and the scoreline really should’ve been a lot more comfortable (but I’ll take a 1-0 with DCL scoring ;)). We won though, that’s what matters. Especially in Ancelotti’s first game after not many days of being at the club. You could definitely tell that the players have been instructed to play more football already though. 

7 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

I'd agree not to mention their kids but the publicity hungry other halves live off the footballer's fame so imo are fair game.

Fair enough. Seems I’m in the minority here, I’ll blame it on the Christmas food hangover 

Not one outlet seems to be commenting on Bardsley. That should’ve been a yellow, and he’d already escaped one earlier before he started mouthing of a Digne. Horrible behaviour 

Only saw about 60 minutes but we looked organised and like we had a plan for once. There was some silk and some steel for once and players put in positions that suit their strengths. Apart from Gylfi who looked miles of the pace for what I saw.

But it was nice to feel for the first time in years that we had a game plan that actually had been thought about and the players sticking to it. A promising start.

23 minutes ago, badaids said:

Only saw about 60 minutes but we looked organised and like we had a plan for once. There was some silk and some steel for once and players put in positions that suit their strengths. Apart from Gylfi who looked miles of the pace for what I saw.

But it was nice to feel for the first time in years that we had a game plan that actually had been thought about and the players sticking to it. A promising start.

You obviously missed the Chelsea game, Ferguson sent them out with a game plan that was executed perfectly, and everyone played their part in it 🤷‍♂️

16 hours ago, Palfy said:

We got the result we needed, and dominated after the first 5-10 minutes, but the old issue of not turning possession into goals is still evident, to be fair we are pretty toothless up front and Ancelotti will hopefully be working on that part of our game because it desperately needs it. 

Sidebe, Sig, and Richarlison being the toothless ones for me. The first two being far too slow on and off the ball and the latter just running into players. 

Hoping Davies and Walcott come in the next game. More direct and play the ball faster. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Sidebe, Sig, and Richarlison being the toothless ones for me. The first two being far too slow on and off the ball and the latter just running into players. 

Hoping Davies and Walcott come in the next game. More direct and play the ball faster. 

Sidibe toothless?  Whikst hoping Walcott and Davies come in next game? 

You being serious? 

9 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Sidibe toothless?  Whikst hoping Walcott and Davies come in next game? 

You being serious? 

Look at how often he's just standing around doing nothing. Not marking space off the ball or runs when we have it. Walking over to take throw in when we needed more urgency. In general not being up to the pace of the prem. 

What did you think of his touch? 

Davies adds a lot more bite than Sig and is quicker in moving the ball. Walcott plays at a higher tempo than Sidibe too. Both better suited to the system. 

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

Pete I’m not having that mate Sidibe is strong aggressive and never stops working he’s got a good engine on him, he’s definitely not toothless. 
But granted Gylfi is not doing it and hasn’t for a long time and Davies I believe could do a better job than him. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

In general not being up to the pace of the prem. 

We talked about on another thread, the lad has 4 assists in the last 7 games. Surely that's not enough for you to call him off the pace and toothless, while the stats say he's our most productive player?