IGNORED

Liverpool (FA Cup Away) Sunday January 5th

markjazzbassist

We lacked any sort of confidence today, when we did get a chance we fluffed it, should have been 3 up by half time with the game out of sight. The slow negative midfield was applying in the second half, we allowed their kids to grow in confidence and win with a great strike.

Carlo said he was waiting until after today to look at transfers, well he now really has a good idea of what’s needed, we need to be aggressive in getting rid of the players who are failing us week in week out, Siggy, Schniederlin, Delph, the others I can live with until the summer.

7 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

True. Most of our big signings have been utter flops. Even Digne is starting to look like he should lose his place to a 35 yr old Baines. The problem is that since Moshiri has arrived he has attempted to fix a problem by throwing money at it. Most of our best signings have all been on the lower end of the price scale. Whenever we spend £25m+ we invariably buy a donkey.

We are paying too much to sign players, offering them too much money on long contracts and it isn't working.

Sandro is the epitome of our backward recruitment strategy. A player on what, £25k in Spain? Now we offer him 4 times that to come. If he needed to be offered that much then he was always the wrong player.

The problem is the players that are not performing are also arrogant enough to think they are doing enough. Delph came on and showed nothing. Say in front of Mina and watched long balls go upto DCL who won them but Liverpool’s midfield had the desire to make the transition to win the second ball. I actually think DCL did about all he could - should have scored, on his left but should have scored. 

3 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Even though I'm pissed off, having a little giggle to myself how quickly us fans turn. From some good results, getting Carlo, feeling good, build on these players to a shite result, sell the lot. Carlos fault. Moshiri is a mess.

We are Everton, its what we do.

43 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Pickford has been awful for months. He was at fault for the goal, passed it straight to them and they score from it. Everything he touched either went out or back to Liverpool.

I dont disagree but it would help him if any of the 10 in front of him actually wanted the fucking ball.

8 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Even though I'm pissed off, having a little giggle to myself how quickly us fans turn. From some good results, getting Carlo, feeling good, build on these players to a shite result, sell the lot. Carlos fault. Moshiri is a mess.

Don’t blame Carlo at all. He’s lumbered with shit and there is no way he will stand for that. It’s sensitive but we need a clear out and I’m sure he knows what to do.

17 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Exactly, Carlo doesn’t play the game.  He set us out to win and we should have the first half.   It his fault the players are shite and can’t finish.  Second half he the players just wanted a rest and didn’t want to play.  Not sure what he’s supposed to do.

not on Carlo for me.  Awful midfield and Walcott who couldnt pass to a brick wall the culprits.

56 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

Dunc had them playing with heart and fight right away, why make excuses for Carlo he carries a lot of responsibility for those cowards today

Totally. A name doesn’t give you an excuse. Any other manage would be getting ripped.

We know it’s a project, but total capitulation in the second half, cannot be excused. Awful performance and an embarrassment. 

Said it after the last game. Bang back down to earth. Loads of work to be done.

But even I could see... Morgan has been shit for a very long time, picking him is a mistake.

7 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Don’t blame Carlo at all. He’s lumbered with shit and there is no way he will stand for that. It’s sensitive but we need a clear out and I’m sure he knows what to do.

I think he made mistakes today. Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin in the middle is a disaster waiting to happen. I keep saying it but I'll say it again - when do we ever win when Schneiderlin starts? I also thought the way we went long so often first half was a mistake. Yes we forged chances we should have taken, but we also gave away possession easily and allowed an inexperienced opposition to grow in confidence with the ball. We saw their defence was vulnerable first half, we should have been able to dominate the ball high up the pitch and pass through them. 

But yes, he is stuck with some utter dross. When will this cycle of signing sub par footballers end? Two things do worry me about what today could mean for us under Ancellotti though. One, I just don't think we'd have got that performance under Ferguson. Is Ancellotti able to light a fire under the plsyers and get the passion and commitment you need sometimes? Two, Liverpool put out a side that was clearly much fitter and sharper than ours. Ancellotti has said himself he doesn't like to work players too hard, which is fine with professionals at the top of their game. But I think we're desperate for a hard task master who will demand players either shape up or ship them out. 

5 minutes ago, nogs said:

I think he made mistakes today. Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin in the middle is a disaster waiting to happen. I keep saying it but I'll say it again - when do we ever win when Schneiderlin starts? I also thought the way we went long so often first half was a mistake. Yes we forged chances we should have taken, but we also gave away possession easily and allowed an inexperienced opposition to grow in confidence with the ball. We saw their defence was vulnerable first half, we should have been able to dominate the ball high up the pitch and pass through them. 

But yes, he is stuck with some utter dross. When will this cycle of signing sub par footballers end? Two things do worry me about what today could mean for us under Ancellotti though. One, I just don't think we'd have got that performance under Ferguson. Is Ancellotti able to light a fire under the plsyers and get the passion and commitment you need sometimes? Two, Liverpool put out a side that was clearly much fitter and sharper than ours. Ancellotti has said himself he doesn't like to work players too hard, which is fine with professionals at the top of their game. But I think we're desperate for a hard task master who will demand players either shape up or ship them out. 

And so it starts 

55 minutes ago, Bailey said:

To be fair Liverpool beat them everywhere apart from the scoreline. Villa just took their chances.

You mean apart from the 5 goals, yes they took us apart but we never had a shot in the 2nd half. dont get your point 

Villa played with bottle and spirit and scored 5 

6 minutes ago, nogs said:

You should have talked to Carlo yourself before the game pal. That way we would have won. He has been here for four games with hardly any chance to spend time on the training field because of fixtures. 

12 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

You should have talked to Carlo yourself before the game pal. That way we would have won. He has been here for four games with hardly any chance to spend time on the training field because of fixtures. 

Just observations. We don't need to be playing Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin in midfield and I posted that I was annoyed with the long ball tactic during the first half. 

I feel that Carlo should have picked Baines instead of Digne and put mason and Davies in Midfield today. He picked too many gutless and out of form players when we needed a bit of local fire. That was his error.

He had every right to expect more from the useless bunch of twats on the field, they let him down badly. Nearly every player out there choked or lost their head. Not much he could do about that and he needs to hairdryer them.

Gylfi Sigurdsson and Morgan Schneiderlin should not be allowed to wear an Everton shirt again, they got schooled by a couple of kids and Adam fucking Lallana. It's a proper low point as an Evertonia, I thought getting beat by Norwich at home was bad but this takes the piss. would have been better playing the U23 🤬😡

57 minutes ago, nogs said:

Just observations. We don't need to be playing Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin in midfield and I posted that I was annoyed with the long ball tactic during the first half. 

58 minutes ago, nogs said:

Yeah it was awful first half. We should have been 3-0 up guess you would have known better then aswell