IGNORED

Newcastle (Home) Tuesday January 21st

markjazzbassist

2 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

I'll reiterate once people stop making excuses for the lad the better.... 

Digne played us into trouble also but to say Davies doesn't play himself into trouble is bewildering, the lad undoes what good he does do with ridiculous short passes or to the opposition 

He does show for the ball granted but it means nothing if your not productive with it 

Digne has more space and opportunity to get rid given his position. When Davies passes it back he should either lump it or look for another pass (which wasn't on as we have a gang of shitbags). He does neither and passes responsibility back to Davies. 

How can he be productive if his teammates aren't showing for it? 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Digne has more space and opportunity to get rid given his position. When Davies passes it back he should either lump it or look for another pass (which wasn't on as we have a gang of shitbags). He does neither and passes responsibility back to Davies. 

How can he be productive if his teammates aren't showing for it? 

Sorry it was all Digne at fault and Davies did no wrong, never does by most accounts 

Now where did I put that LSD.....

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

Sorry it was all Digne at fault and Davies did no wrong, never does by most accounts 

Wasting your breathe mate.....

When peteo chose to slate gana he pretty much came out with all sorts of ridiculous comments as to who was better and why gana is gash.

In stating that Gana was as bad as he is... he had to bump Davies up to level that he isn't.

I really want Davies to do well, I have a mate who used to double date with Davies mum.and dad and he comes from good stock and by all accounts is a crackin lad.... sadly the first team is not for him right now and maybe a loan will do him good

19 hours ago, Haiku said:

Pretty sure if Ancelotti didn't made any changes and they still equalized, the same people on here would blame him for not doing so.

Probably true! 😂

19 hours ago, pete0 said:

He's done very well tbf. Playing better football with a worse squad than what Benetiz had. 

More points than Benitez had at this stage last season as well. Who would have thought! 

Despite the cluster fuck that is UK politics atm, I'm glad we don't have a TT cabinet in charge. No one here seems to get the idea of collective responsibility! No point singling out individual players, or saying it was all down to Ancellotti's subs - we're looking at repeated collective failings that will take time to work out. Swapping Silva for a decorated high profile manager was never going to be a cure all, the capitulation against Liverpool and spaffing away three points like that last night prove that. Ancellotti has to learn how to get the best out of these players, the players have to adapt and in many cases improve, Brands and the board have to working on raising the quality in the squad. 

In other words, more shit like this will probably happen before it gets better! 

4 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

I'd blame the manager, Delph, Schneiderlin, Sidibe and to a lesser extent Niasse. But whatever makes your boat floaty. 

I still can’t believe we didn’t win this. Managed to summon courage to watch the MOTD highlights today. That foul Davies gave away for the free kick that led to their goal was a bit soft. I can’t get me my head around what a calamitous couple of minutes it was. For their first goal if Holgate takes the post instead of almost blocking Pickford after his flap it’s a simple header away. Their second goal if it wasn’t us would be hilarious. All the defenders jumping around all over the place like shoppers on Black Friday. I’m still furious. 

On a lighter note it reminded me of ‘Don’t panic Mr Mainwaring’

6977A168-BC71-438E-B898-84E79F7525BD.jpeg

10 minutes ago, barryj said:

I still can’t believe we didn’t win this. Managed to summon courage to watch the MOTD highlights today. That foul Davies gave away for the free kick that led to their goal was a bit soft. I can’t get me my head around what a calamitous couple of minutes it was. For their first goal if Holgate takes the post instead of almost blocking Pickford after his flap it’s a simple header away. Their second goal if it wasn’t us would be hilarious. All the defenders jumping around all over the place like shoppers on Black Friday. I’m still furious. 

Yup.

19 minutes ago, barryj said:

6977A168-BC71-438E-B898-84E79F7525BD.jpeg

That is such an unfortunate still for Pickford and makes it look a hell of a lot worse for him than it actually was. It’s not like he’s gone and actually stood behind the line. If you watch the video he ends up there after going to make a save from a shot but it’s blocked by one of our defenders (I think, could’ve actually hit one of theirs with the mad melee).

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

That is such an unfortunate still for Pickford and makes it look a hell of a lot worse for him than it actually was. It’s not like he’s gone and actually stood behind the line. If you watch the video he ends up there after going to make a save from a shot but it’s blocked by one of our defenders (I think, could’ve actually hit one of theirs with the mad melee).

My thoughts exactly.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I agree but that dive he preempted was a bit weird as he dived at a diagonal behind the goal line. That’s why he ended up in the position in the still. I’ve always been a huge fan of his but I’m starting to think that having someone calmer between the sticks might be necessary. Also the other two behind the goal line just makes this situation look even more farcical than it was. 

As much as I am gutted I think this is a freak result and we shouldn't take away from us dominating a decent prem side. I think we could look at not being 3 or 4 up. for 90 minutes (93 minutes) that was how I want to see us playing. The one thing I am bored of since Bobby's 1st full season is every year we seem to have a massive blip that essentially leaves me looking to next season because I think top 4 or top 6 is gone. I think with wins at west ham and newcastle which I hope we are capable of I was thinking Europe was a potential.