IGNORED

Newcastle (Home) Tuesday January 21st

markjazzbassist

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

what would you have done differently?

Maybe not take off out two best performing players? 

As soon as he took Kean off I raised an eyebrow, then when he took Bernard off it was just utter confusion. 

We shouldn't have fucked it the way we did, but those subs he made were awful and it could have been a different story if they'd have stayed on. 

When Kean had space he was unplayable, why take him off as soon as he's obviously going to get space? More to the point why the fuck didnt Walcott make way instead? 

Just now, Aidan said:

Maybe not take off out two best performing players? 

As soon as he took Kean off I raised an eyebrow, then when he took Bernard off it was just utter confusion. 

We shouldn't have fucked it the way we did, but those subs he made were awful and it could have been a different story if they'd have stayed on. 

When Kean had space he was unplayable, why take him off as soon as he's obviously going to get space? More to the point why the fuck didnt Walcott make way instead? 

Just now, plaidharper said:

attacking was working.  why make more defensive and some useless subs? 

tell me who you would sub?  i can't stand people who bitch about changing something but offer no alternative.  who would you brought off and when and for whom?

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

what would you have done differently?

Keep players on that can hold the ball and keep pressure off us. 
I agree. I always think bringing forwards off for defenders takes the pressure off the opposing team and invites pressure into you.

Niasse can’t really be classed as a forward either, most don’t class him as a player 😉

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Keep players on that can hold the ball and keep pressure off us. 
I agree. I always think bringing forwards off for defenders takes the pressure off the opposing team and invites pressure into you.

Niasse can’t really be classed as a forward either, most don’t class him as a player 😉

Also you do not always have to use all three subs.  What just happened?!?

we have no offensive players they are all injured.  we have a body (niasse) and a kid (gordon).  we literally have no attacking players other than that.  iwobi and richarlison are hurt, tosun is gone.

again for all the sub masters who would you have subbed and when and for whom? it's the same old thinking you know better without offering an alternative.  monday morning quarterback

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

we no offensive players they are all injured.  we have a body (niasse) and a kid (gordon).  we literally have no attacking players.  iwobi and richarlison are hurt, tosun is gone.

Don’t sub them then. There’s no rule that you have to make subs. And Kean looked like he wanted to stay on, didn’t looked gassed or anything.

5 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

tell me who you would sub?  i can't stand people who bitch about changing something but offer no alternative.  who would you brought off and when and for whom?

It's not a rule that you have to make subs. It's not obligatory.

13 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Why do we feel obliged to make a change ? It was working. However, I've offered an alternative if you feast your eyes on my post the answer your question is Walcott, should have been the first one off. 

Kean was our biggest threat on the counter and was getting us up the pitch. Bernard was our creative spark. Davies came on and didn't settle into the game what so ever, had no pace or strength to see out the game, Bernard and Kean would have been better defensive options already on the pitch with the work rate and tenacity. 

The level of incompetence on show tonight is utterly staggering. Jordan Pickford completely unable to kill the game and command his area has cost us two points, utterly dismal at being a presence and shitting the bed twice allowing them to score. 

Mason Holgate who had a great game needs to to look at himself too. Clears the ball lazily with his right foot rather than his left to gift them a cheap throw in and then heads the ball out for a cheap corner which they score from. It's simply unacceptable to switch off and become lazy "because it's 2-0, Newcastle are shite and it's 91 minutes" as this is the what happens. 

Fabien Delph, abysmal. Twatting the ball right into Newcastle possession rather than playing it short and keeping the thing for another 60 seconds - dreadful. 

All three need a good bollocking for quite simply playing like inexperienced, terrified six-year olds. 

Edit: "Supporters" coming down the stairs saying "that's football" and "bloody Everton that" need to have a look at themselves too. It's not football or Everton, it's being brain-dead when a blind man on a galloping horse could see exactly what went wrong and what was going to happen.

6 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I’m getting off the site for a bit. Too many knobheads have turned up for me that talk absolute shite. 

It's frustration Finn mate; what just happened was a once in a lifetime thing that people can't process, my lad's just said to me that he won't be able to get to sleep tonight because the absurdity of it will still be in his brain. It was nothing to do with the substitutions, nothing to do with us "shitting our pants" it was just a freak happening that happens once in a decade and this decade we're the fall guys. Shit happens.

2 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Delph has been a terrible signing and to think media pundits were applauding the signing as a masterstroke. He is a prime example of why we should no longer be looking at other club's cast offs

Was the first person to defend his signing, thought it was a great bit of business. Turns out he's better suited playing as a wide defensive player for a team that always has the ball and he has nothing to do. 

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

It's frustration Finn mate; what just happened was a once in a lifetime thing that people can't process, my lad's just said to me that he won't be able to get to sleep tonight because the absurdity of it will still be in his brain. It was nothing to do with the substitutions, nothing to do with us "shitting our pants" it was just a freak happening that happens once in a decade and this decade we're the fall guys. Shit happens.

Erm....you sure it's a once in a lifetime happening?! Are you really sure? Once in a decade?! Hmmmm.

Ancelotti has to shoulder a lot of blame for that. We were under zero pressure, absolutely none. Newcastle hadn’t come to play, they didn’t even come alive once we took the lead. They still didn’t push us. As soon as we made our first sub we invited pressure. The second sub made it worse. And then Niasse... fucks sake. There is no point to him fucking existing. He doesn’t deserve a place on the bench.

Im fuming with Ancelotti tbh and I think it’s warranted. 

15 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

It's not a rule that you have to make subs. It's not obligatory.

15 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Why do we feel obliged to make a change ? It was working. However, I've offered an alternative if you feast your eyes on my post the answer your question is Walcott, should have been the first one off. 

Kean was our biggest threat on the counter and was getting us up the pitch. Bernard was our creative spark. Davies came on and didn't settle into the game what so ever, had no pace or strength to see out the game, Bernard and Kean would have been better defensive options already on the pitch with the work rate and tenacity. 

so your solution to this evening was to make no changes and keep a gassed and coming back from injury bernard on the pitch as he was continually being bullied by newcastle's rugby players?  keep kean on who hasn't finished a full 90 for us yet?  

honestly i give up.  thinking that that would have changed the tide is just not comprehensible for me.  the attitude of the players and their turning off and not playing to the whistle is what lost it.  you can call it a winning mentality, you can call it mental toughness, whatever.  that's the issue.  a couple subs had nothing to do with it.

Newcastle captain Jamaal Lascelles speaking to Match of the Day: "It's probably one of the weirdest game I’ve been involved in.

"They were the better team but we’ve come back from being two goals down and that shows the spirit and courage in this team. So we’re pleased with that.

"The work ethic carries on throughout all the game. They dropped off and allowed us to play, which benefited us towards the end of the game. We had good subs as well."

Nah lad. Won't be anything to do with the subs. Irrelevant.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

so your solution to this evening was to make no changes and keep a gassed and coming back from injury bernard on the pitch as he was continually being bullied by newcastle's rugby players?  keep kean on who hasn't finished a full 90 for us yet?  

honestly i give up.  thinking that that would have changed the tide is just not comprehensible for me.  the attitude of the players and their turning off and not playing to the whistle is what lost it.  you can call it a winning mentality, you can call it mental toughness, whatever.  that's the issue.  a couple subs had nothing to do with it.

Please do.