IGNORED

Favourite ever match endings.

MikeO

Well that was up there but what's you most memorable ending to a game? Maybe the 2-1 win over Spurs in 2012 when Pienaar and Jelavic got the goals in injury time?

For me (more so because we were there) it was the 2-1 win over Charlton in 2007 with James McFadden's wonder goal after Darren Bent had equalised on 89 minutes.

The Gosling goal v Liverpool is obviously up there but I was watching a TV ad when it happened, fucking ITV:angry:

QPR 2-3 Everton.

1995. The match that Nev came back into form, even Barlow scored, Angel went of injured, Amo came on and tore shit up, and Hinchcliffe scored a last minute free kick in front of us. Best match I’ve ever been too, people literally bouncing off the roof and tearing the place down. Turned our season round.

28 minutes ago, badaids said:

QPR 2-3 Everton.

1995. The match that Nev came back into form, even Barlow scored, Angel went of injured, Amo came on and tore shit up, and Hinchcliffe scored a last minute free kick in front of us. Best match I’ve ever been too, people literally bouncing off the roof and tearing the place down. Turned our season round.

Nice one, I moved out of London in 1994 so missed it, used to go to most of our London games and Loftus Road always seemed to a bogey ground for us. One game really sticks in my mind from Sept 1985; we went there as league champions with a full strength team and were 3-0 down by half time.....and that's how it finished. Couldn't believe what I was watching.

Capture.JPG

30 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Nice one, I moved out of London in 1994 so missed it, used to go to most of our London games and Loftus Road always seemed to a bogey ground for us. One game really sticks in my mind from Sept 1985; we went there as league champions with a full strength team and were 3-0 down by half time.....and that's how it finished. Couldn't believe what I was watching.

Capture.JPG

Exceptionally shocking considering they didn't field anyone in the starting XI

On 01/02/2020 at 19:41, dunlopp9987 said:

Exceptionally shocking considering they didn't field anyone in the starting XI

Pretty sure eleven nonentities showed up for them, I've probably got a programme in my loft somewhere; actually looking it up my mind is playing tricks, it was only 2-0 at half time. As we lost the title to Liverpool by two points that year it was costly though (though it was ultimately the 1-0 loss at Oxford in our 40th game that did for us, was in our hands until then).

12 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Cahill and Arteta injury time goals to make it 3-3 against United wasnt a bad one as far as draws go! 

Yeah that was huge for me.

I think Baines got an extra time free kick in the cup against Chelsea? Maybe 09? Remember my stream froze and my mate ( chelsea fan ) we were trying to work out if the ball was on target and I was like, it’s going top corner and sure enough!

49 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Cahill and Arteta injury time goals to make it 3-3 against United wasnt a bad one as far as draws go! 

And Moyes apoplectic because the ref blew the final whistle when we were on another break.

Flip-side 2004 when we came back from 3-0 down after half an hour and got it back to 3-3 only for Ruud Van Horseface to score in the 89th min.

19 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Radzinki last minute winner against saints , when moyes had us on a roll. But I was in park end when Rooney scores against arsenal so thats the one 

Yeah that's probably the ultimate as they'd not lost for 572 games or so (slight exaggeration possibly).

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Seeing my dad jumping like a kid this weekend is up there

Stream obviously behind the game so Josh was on Twitter hoping to see we'd seen it out for a point when he suddenly slammed his phone face down on the table and said, "something might have happened". His demeanour gave it away because if they'd scored he'd have chucked his phone on the floor and stomped off, but we still didn't know the circumstances so couldn't celebrate in case VAR stepped in.😂

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Not quite last minute but the Wimbledon game in 1994 was a big one; I "watched" that via the medium of Ceefax (with the sound turned down on the TV I was that nervous), just willing the page to update the way I wanted and it finally did.

I was there with my Dad, but don’t really remember any of the game, I was only ten. 
I remember running on the pitch afterwards and digging out a chunk of turf and putting it in my coat pocket. 
When I got home I put it in a dish on my bedroom windowsill, after a few days it started to stink to bad you could smell it all over the house. My mum put it in the bin, I was gutted. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I was there with my Dad, but don’t really remember any of the game, I was only ten. 

I had 3 kids a mortgage and was working my nuts off 7 days a week. 
I was driving home from Abingdon to Swindon listening to what was happening on the radio, I was working with a lad who was Man U supporter he made me pull over and get in the passenger seat, he was shitting himself he thought I was going to kill us both. 

On 05/02/2020 at 16:28, MikeO said:

Club had the same idea as me:D

Moyes was manager for nearly all those 10 games, we had a lot of good times under Moyes, and he gave us teams with a great fighting spirit till the end which is probably why so many are when he was manager.