IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Home) Sunday June 21st

markjazzbassist

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Just not feeling this at all, normally I start derby week absolutely dreading us getting humiliated and can’t stop thinking about the game, then the night before tends to be a sleepless night before starting derby day full of hope and being right up for it  only to end up having my dreams and hopes crushed once again

The last bit will probably still happen but just haven’t had that derby feeling all week, even now just hours from kick off

The whole buzz of a derby weekend is that one side (usually Liverpool) will have the bragging rights from what happens. At the moment even if we win, they're about to secure their long awaited title so it's a win/win for them. Add to that the whole 'Project Restart', which I didn't like from the beginning has meant that for me personally, there isn't much buzz around football altogether. My attitude towards these games are that they are glorified friendlies, in an extended pre-season before we can start the real football again for 2020/21. 

As a season ticket holder too, the feeling of watching Everton at home from my own home rather than the stadium is deflating to say the least. Normal for the fans that watch their games through a stream, but a real kick in the teeth for the matchday supporter - the sooner we are allowed back in grounds (safely of course) the better. 

Not a great team and it makes you realise how average the squad is.

Davies and Gomes need to have a great game because I'm not sure how they will cope up against Liverpool's 3. Big game for Iwobi, it was probably a good time for a break for him to get fit and switched on. Gordon is a surprised but it will be good to see what he has. Looking at the bench, this rest kind of pick themselves.

This will also be a good test for Ancellotti. I think these games are a good indicator of a managers ability to prepare their team. 

39 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

The whole buzz of a derby weekend is that one side (usually Liverpool) will have the bragging rights from what happens. At the moment even if we win, they're about to secure their long awaited title so it's a win/win for them. Add to that the whole 'Project Restart', which I didn't like from the beginning has meant that for me personally, there isn't much buzz around football altogether. My attitude towards these games are that they are glorified friendlies, in an extended pre-season before we can start the real football again for 2020/21. 

As a season ticket holder too, the feeling of watching Everton at home from my own home rather than the stadium is deflating to say the least. Normal for the fans that watch their games through a stream, but a real kick in the teeth for the matchday supporter - the sooner we are allowed back in grounds (safely of course) the better. 

On the plus side , I’ve suffered utter despair and humiliation time after time both at Goodison and at Analfield so it would be typical of my luck if we actually win one when I’m not there , so it’s odds on to happen

2 minutes ago, barryj said:

Redknapp, Souness, Barnes Carragher and a token gesture of Tim to balance it out. Joke media bias

Just pointed that out to Josh, totally shameful; not asking for more Everton representation but there should be some unbiased presence rather than wall-to-wall Koppites.

10 minutes ago, barryj said:

Redknapp, Souness, Barnes Carragher and a token gesture of Tim to balance it out. Joke media bias

I've stopped watching Sky Sports News for that very reason, like most I'm working from home at the moment and it's Liverpool TV 24/7. You've got Souness, Redknapp, Barnes, Carragher, Thompson, Murphy and Fowler on an irritating Kopite merry-go-round. They took a break from the Premier League one time to head up to Scotland but obviously their contact for that was Steven Gerrard. The amount of bias towards the red side of the city is simply astounding and even when it's a completely non-Liverpool related topic they manage to turn it around. The discussion around the restart/scrapping of League One and Two was turned into a Kopite discussion as the chairman of Wycombe (I believe) turned out to be a boyhood Red and obviously got asked about ''that night in Istanbul'' and how great it'd be to see them win the league. 

5 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

On the plus side , I’ve suffered utter despair and humiliation time after time both at Goodison and at Analfield so it would be typical of my luck if we actually win one when I’m not there , so it’s odds on to happen

Haha, that is true. Mane's 90th minute winner off the post was the worst - although my first derby was Lee Carsley's 1-0 winner, which seems like forever ago now. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Iwobi isn’t up to speed at the moment some very dodgy touches, seems lost out on the right, he needs to try and get more involved, he possesses the ability needs to show the desire now Milner’s on a yellow. 

This has been Iwobi all season for me. He will have one bright spot for every ten stinkers. Would love to see Bernard on for him at some point. 

Gordon also very quiet thus far

33 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I've stopped watching Sky Sports News for that very reason, like most I'm working from home at the moment and it's Liverpool TV 24/7. You've got Souness, Redknapp, Barnes, Carragher, Thompson, Murphy and Fowler on an irritating Kopite merry-go-round. They took a break from the Premier League one time to head up to Scotland but obviously their contact for that was Steven Gerrard. The amount of bias towards the red side of the city is simply astounding and even when it's a completely non-Liverpool related topic they manage to turn it around. The discussion around the restart/scrapping of League One and Two was turned into a Kopite discussion as the chairman of Wycombe (I believe) turned out to be a boyhood Red and obviously got asked about ''that night in Istanbul'' and how great it'd be to see them win the league. 

Haha, that is true. Mane's 90th minute winner off the post was the worst - although my first derby was Lee Carsley's 1-0 winner, which seems like forever ago now. 

And don't forget they've also got Kelly Dalglish presenting.