IGNORED

Ryan Fraser

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I obviously don't watch a lot of him but he seems to be a lot like Walcott in that one game he'll be great and then invisible the next - inconsistent.

I think he had a really good season last season which built the hype about him - only Hazard created more chancesย or got more assists (canโ€™t remember exactly) but hasnโ€™t done too much this season. Maybe his contract situation has had something to do with it - maybe heโ€™s just not that good - I donโ€™t know. What I do know is that heโ€™s predominantly a left winger where we already have Bernard, Iwobi and an emerging Gordon. Maybe we see him as a right wing option.

Don't think people appreciate that's he's quite good. My main issue that his main position is about the last position we need strenghtening. Unless he moves to right (where he has played, a few times this season) then I can't see the point.

On 18/06/2020 at 09:35, Romey 1878 said:

I obviously don't watch a lot of him but he seems to be a lot like Walcott in that one game he'll be great and then invisible the next - inconsistent.

I get your point but I think your ratios are out!ย 

7 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Would have been a yes for me but heโ€™s refused to finish the season with Bournemouth. Donโ€™t want anyone willing to quit on their teammates regardless of the circumstances.ย 

That was my initial reaction too, but his reason is to not get injured and jeopardise a move. It is selfish but itโ€™s logical. The thing thatโ€™s pissed me off is the alleged demand of 100k+ pw. Again I understand why but the greed annoys me without an higher tier experienceย 

1 hour ago, Makis said:

Yeah, put yourself in his shoes. Would you risk a torn ACL and jeopardize a contract worth 20 million to play a few extra matches for your current club?

Personally, Iโ€™d give the extra few games for the club that helped put me on the map. If he gets injured, people will still sign him on because heโ€™ll leave on a free and can recoup at his new/potential new club.ย 
ย 

Edit: actually, now I think about it like that, sod him!

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Personally, Iโ€™d give the extra few games for the club that helped put me on the map. If he gets injured, people will still sign him on because heโ€™ll leave on a free and can recoup at his new/potential new club.ย 
ย 

Nobody ( apart from us ) would sign a seriouslyย injured player and pay his wages for 6 months when they can just wait until he is fit again and sign him then

4 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Nobody ( apart from us ) would sign a seriouslyย injured player and pay his wages for 6 months when they can just wait until he is fit again and sign him then

Thatโ€™s assuming he gets an injury, and also depends on the type ofย injury.ย Plus in any case heย couldโ€™ve signed a pre-contract ages ago too if heโ€™d planned ahead, and Iโ€™m sure his agent had multiple irons in the fire for him anyway because heโ€™d be getting a big payday too.ย 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

ย 

Exactly. Heโ€™s not playing for free at Bournemouth. And being focused on injury and yourself above playing and the team is ย exactly that selfish. Footballing zebras rarely change their stripes.ย 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Thatโ€™s assuming he gets an injury, and also depends on the type ofย injury.ย Plus in any case heย couldโ€™ve signed a pre-contract ages ago too if heโ€™d planned ahead, and Iโ€™m sure his agent had multiple irons in the fire for him anyway because heโ€™d be getting a big payday too.ย 

The point is that there is a risk of injury and therefore a risk that he doesnโ€™t get his move . Maybe itโ€™s not greed that is behind his thinking ย , he could be thinking about the security of his family . What happens if he does play then gets a career ending injury ?ย Iโ€™m not saying I agree with what he is doing but I can certainly understand why he is doing itย 

5 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The point is that there is a risk of injury and therefore a risk that he doesnโ€™t get his move . Maybe itโ€™s not greed that is behind his thinking ย , he could be thinking about the security of his family . What happens if he does play then gets a career ending injury ?ย Iโ€™m not saying I agree with what he is doing but I can certainly understand why he is doing itย 

I get that, I really do, hence my initial post. But if he wanted security why hasnโ€™t he sorted out a contract over the last 6 months already.

i shouldnโ€™t judge though especially as itโ€™s paper talk.ย 

38 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Exactly. Heโ€™s not playing for free at Bournemouth. And being focused on injury and yourself above playing and the team is ย exactly that selfish. Footballing zebras rarely change their stripes.ย 

He isnโ€™t being paid by Bournemouth full stop, he is out of contract ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He isnโ€™t being paid by Bournemouth full stop, he is out of contract ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป

Only because he decided not to take the standard extension of contract to finish the season though.

Sont know enough about him to make an opinion though to be honest.

His contract is up on June the 30th then heโ€™s a free agent, itโ€™s hardly his fault that the season has ended the way it has, he now has to look after his future and find a new club and not risk a severe injury on a short term contract.ย 
I wouldnโ€™t call him disloyal to Bournemouth he has served them well for 7 years, and all things come to an end sooner or later, and both parties have known for a year that the parting of the ways was the 30th June.ย 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Itโ€™s because his contract expires 30th of June.ย 

I know.

But players are being offered small extensions that cover the remaining matches, he is choosing not to take up that option. Itโ€™s just a choice at the end of the day, he chose not to. Like most players these days, player comes before the club.... rightly or wrongly.

15 hours ago, Shukes said:

I know.

But players are being offered small extensions that cover the remaining matches, he is choosing not to take up that option. Itโ€™s just a choice at the end of the day, he chose not to. Like most players these days, player comes before the club.... rightly or wrongly.

I imagine there would be a different reaction on here if that was one of our players!ย 

In terms of the player, he is a good solid player, tricky, good feet and can score. He can also play as a wing back which shows he has a brain on him. The two problems I have is how poor he has been this season (fitness accepted) and that I hoped that with Ancellotti we could attract a better calibre of player. He sits in the Iwobi category for me.