IGNORED

Soton (Home) Thursday July 9th

markjazzbassist

Just now, Shukes said:

Err that’s exactly what I’m saying.

Not sure how you think he can score without getting chances? You trying to prove me right haha, your playing games again you little cheeky you.

No games mate he’s come back the player he was last season, gone right of the boil not getting into positions to get chances and when he does his finishing is again woeful, if one player as dropped off the boil since the break it’s him, but if you’re happy with his return since we’ve come back then carry on.  

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

No games mate he’s come back the player he was last season, gone right of the boil not getting into positions to get chances and when he does his finishing is again woeful, if one player as dropped off the boil since the break it’s him, but if you’re happy with his return since we’ve come back then carry on.  

Your right Palf.

In the end lucky to get away with a draw.  We were so so poor in the first 45.  Good change of shape in the second to counter, but we completely ran out of energy and ideas.  Once DCL went off we lost the outlet to win anything in the air.  Kean again showing nothing. Bernard worse that useless.  The whole midfield should be shipped out.  In fairness to Tom he would his share of tackles and played a great ball that should've seen us take the lead. 

9 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Your right Palf.

I know, Spurs Leicester Norwich and Liverpool no votes for man of the match, and only 2 mentions in the Spurs game one being you no surprises there, so like I was trying to say he’s a shadow of the player before lockdown. 
So not sure where you’ve seen all these man of the match votes and mentions since the return of the season. 

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I know, Spurs Leicester Norwich and Liverpool no votes for man of the match, and only 2 mentions in the Spurs game one being you no surprises there, so like I was trying to say he’s a shadow of the player before lockdown. 
So not sure where you’ve seen all these man of the match votes and mentions since the return of the season. 

He’s even mentioned in this one haha.

Palf, I can’t argue with you anymore mate. Your right, DCL has regressed and our manager is clueless. But even you have to admit now, just how bad a player Kean is then. 

7 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He’s even mentioned in this one haha.

Palf, I can’t argue with you anymore mate. Your right, DCL has regressed and our manager is clueless. But even you have to admit now, just how bad a player Kean is then. 

Didn’t mention our manager that’s taking a below the belt shot and I’m deducting you a point, I agree Kean doesn’t seem to know where to put himself on the pitch looks totally lost out there, and I would play DCL before him everyday, but I still think DCL has come back way off the pace to what he was before the lockdown, and Kean’s never been on the pace since he joined the club. 
And I wasn’t arguing with you mate I know you’ve had a bad day today at work, so I was just trying to take your mind off it with some friendly debating, you miserable 😩 sod.  

Another game we have finished with some points that we didnt deserve. Southampton should have been clear in the first half and even in the last 10 they had some good chances.

Carlo did well again at half time but I think its fairly safe to say this 442 is working for us. Once we went to 5 at the back, we could at least contain them again as with 4 and a completely ineffective midfield they were just getting chance after chance. When we went to the 532 we blocked up the middle of the park and we at least made them work a bit harder for their chances. 

Pickford played well, a couple of good saves and good with his feet as well.

Digne was our best defender again, Keane looked a bit lost on the left but he got better when we went to 5, as did Mina. Coleman was a bit off today, I thought he stood off a bit far a couple of times. Sidibe, lacked almost any quality but at least he ran around a bit.

It was probably a blessing in disguise that Gomes went off as he was off the pace again. Davies was equally average albeit he got better as the game went on. Siggy played a simple game and it worked for him. He just ticked us over when he came on but nothing more. 

Iwobi didn't feature in fact I forgot he was playing for a bit and Gordon again showed good energy but a complete lack of quality when it mattered. The chance he squandered when we had them outnumbered on the break was criminal. That should have been a goal. Saying that his replacement Bernard looked like he came on the pitch (oo-er) but I'm not convinced he actually did. 

Up front Richarlison again showed how good he is. The goal was fantastic but he was the only one causing them any problems. DCL was the same old DCL as before and now it looks like that wave of confidence he was riding has crashed on the rocks. His all round play is poor and tactically naive. He was easily the worst striker on the pitch which is impressive as Che Adams is a Championship player.

Having said all of that there were two things that really stood out for me today. The first was that in mirroring formations (first half), Soton were far better prepared and set up. They pressed aggressively and they looked like top 6 contenders and we looked relegation fodder. 

The second point is that despite relatively average players themselves, Romeu and Ward-Prowse completely outplayed our midfield. I am going to pick on Davies here, but when you look at JWP in comparison, JWP looked a far more complete player. He pretty much ran rings around Davies today. 

Oh and one final thing, Walker-Peters again looked like a player in the making. He was a little naive at times but he played the system perfectly and he was as good as Digne today. 

Just now, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Credit to Carlo, we were piss poor in the first half but he tweaked the formation and introduce Sidibe At half time and got us back in to the game

At the moment he can only work with what he has got, which is a bag of shite, and he is managing to plug the gaps

This may be sacrilege (questioning The Don) but he knew who he had to work with from minute one and he knew who he was up against so why can't he pick a team that's going to compete from the start? Why does it take until half-time?

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

This may be sacrilege (questioning The Don) but he knew who he had to work with from minute one and he knew who he was up against so why can't he pick a team that's going to compete from the start? Why does it take until half-time?

Because we should not be having to contain Southampton at home !

He is giving the current squad a chance to prove they are good enough to play for Everton but for most that is translating in to enough rope to hang themselves