IGNORED

FA Cup 3rd round draw

Gwlad

• 1 month later...
Just now, markjazzbassist said:

must have missed the first game of the season where we beat them

We also beat The Shite 4-0 at Analfield in 1964 but I don’t fancy us there either

Spurs are flying now with Son and Kane hitting real form whilst we haven’t played well for months now 

Yes we managed to shut up shop and park the bus against a few of the big boys and beat a very poor Arsenal but when was the last time we actually looked any kind of threat going forward?

8 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

We also beat The Shite 4-0 at Analfield in 1964 but I don’t fancy us there either

Spurs are flying now with Son and Kane hitting real form whilst we haven’t played well for months now 

Yes we managed to shut up shop and park the bus against a few of the big boys and beat a very poor Arsenal but when was the last time we actually looked any kind of threat going forward?

You’re a happy bastard aren’t you Dunc? 😂

16 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

🤷🏻‍♂️ Just making the point that beating them on the opening day of the season is totally irrelevant especially given the form of the 2 sides since then

The kind of form that has put us in contention for champions league places and two points ahead of Spurs. Yet they are flying?
Come on, be positive mate. 

23 hours ago, Palfy said:

Sounds like a man who’s been in lockdown with his missus for far too long😂

The kind of form that has put us in contention for champions league places and two points ahead of Spurs. Yet they are flying?
Come on, be positive mate. 

Nah just got a lot of years in the tank supporting Everton

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Well Spurs it is. I'm wondering if the lack of fans has allowed the talent of the bigger clubs to more or less dominate the cup this year. I look at City's game against Chesterfield and today's Spurs game, wonder how much the crowd noise would've made a difference when the home teams were leading

I think its a big advantage to the best sides. The games are more like training games and the intensity isn't as high, or is at least, harder to maintain over 90 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

Not overly arsed to be honest, if you're in the last eight and scared of the opposition then you don't deserve to be in the competition. 

It is what it is, if we beat them we have unbelievable momentum to go up against the smaller teams. 

Edit: Worth noting that just a few days before the FA Cup game, City need to play their second leg against Borussia Mönchengladbach. Hopefully it's a close tie and they go to extra time with a full strength squad.