IGNORED

Wolves (Away) Tuesday 12 January

markjazzbassist

Wolves haven't been in great form this season, and with Raul Jimenez injured they don't have great options up top to replace him.  I think if we play our game we should be able to get something out of this one.  Play the best lineup and have a go

Pickford

Coleman Mina Keane Godfrey

Doucoure Davies

Gylfi

James        DCL    Richarlison

I think Wolves have played like they always play but without Jimenez and Jota they are lacking that attacking threat. The players they have brought in are young and aren't quite up to speed and power of this league.

He has had a lot of plaudits but I am not a fan of Semedo, I would love Richarlison to get at him.

All told though, I expect this to be a fairly unexciting low scoring game. First goal wins.

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Wolves haven't been in great form this season, and with Raul Jimenez injured they don't have great options up top to replace him.  I think if we play our game we should be able to get something out of this one.  Play the best lineup and have a go

Pickford

Coleman Mina Keane Godfrey

Doucoure JP

Gylfi

James        DCL    Richarlison

IF Gbabim starts i will be seriously concerned about the man management of our club. He needs to get 20 mins at the end for a few games and be worked into it gently.

Just now, Btay said:

IF Gbabim starts i will be seriously concerned about the man management of our club. He needs to get 20 mins at the end for a few games and be worked into it gently.

Even a few minutes for the U23s before he gets near the first team would be better.

He’s not even training with the team yet. It’d be reckless in the extreme to have him involved in any way in this game. 

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Even a few minutes for the U23s before he gets near the first team would be better.

He’s not even training with the team yet. It’d be reckless in the extreme to have him involved in any way in this game. 

i thought he was training with the first team and had been?  maybe got that confused with someone else then.  i'll update my lineup.

40 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Exactly, need to look after him physically but also mentally here. Would be devastating for him to have another injury.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

After watching Coleman also get rinsed on the other side it doesn’t bode well. 

Exactly.

I don’t feel we have played particularly well for a majority of games this season and yet we’re right in the top 4 mix. I know there’s a positive to that but I’m really hoping to see some more fluidity and control to our performances.

On 09/01/2021 at 22:27, Btay said:

Adama v Digne has me very nervous after Digne getting the run around from the Rotherham lad.

During his time at Middlesbrough Tony Pulis would play Adama on whichever wing was closest to the dugout so that he could be managed through games. He's increadibly fast and a unit but strictly football-wise I think there's a lot to be desired. The fact that the two attributes I just mentioned are out of this world has meant that, IMO he has gone further in his career than most would have expected. Digne might have a problem keeping up with Traore and keeping him in his back pocket, but it isn't as though we've got to contain a Messi or Ronaldo - show him out wide and box him in at the corner flag. 

13 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Jimenez out makes them a limp dick dog.  Have a go they don’t have goals in them.  Ffs we are the blues let’s win this and keep top 4 ambitions

Scored three in their last Premier League game 🤣!

26 minutes ago, MikeO said:

DC-L out is a bit of a pain.

Would play Richie up top personally, I like Tosun as a poacher but think his all-round game isn't enough. Would rather forfeit Richarlison out wide and perhaps move someone else (Iwobi, Gordon, Bernard?) in his place to keep the level of quality as high as it can be. As much as I don't want to see DCL out of the side, with such a congested fixture list hopefully a nice break for the lad - give him a breather before Villa on Sunday.

2 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

During his time at Middlesbrough Tony Pulis would play Adama on whichever wing was closest to the dugout so that he could be managed through games. He's increadibly fast and a unit but strictly football-wise I think there's a lot to be desired. The fact that the two attributes I just mentioned are out of this world has meant that, IMO he has gone further in his career than most would have expected. Digne might have a problem keeping up with Traore and keeping him in his back pocket, but it isn't as though we've got to contain a Messi or Ronaldo - show him out wide and box him in at the corner flag. 

I think it’s fair to say he’s come a long, long way from his Boro days... Whilst Traore hasn’t been at his best this season he is still capable of those magic moments in a game.

Sounds simple, I remember Digne trying to stand him up (maybe last season ) and got absolutely burnt! Be interesting to see how it unfolds if Digne is up against him.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

I think it’s fair to say he’s come a long, long way from his Boro days... Whilst Traore hasn’t been at his best this season he is still capable of those magic moments in a game.

Sounds simple, I remember Digne trying to stand him up (maybe last season ) and got absolutely burnt! Be interesting to see how it unfolds if Digne is up against him.

Best way to defend against him is to cut his supply off without the ball he can’t hurt you. 

Well given the injuries and hoping that Richarlison is fit.

Pickford

Holgate      Mina      Keane    Godfrey

Gomes          Doucoure 

James  

Iwobi            Richarlison            Digne 

More of a 4231 than a 433. No Richarlison then I guess Tosun uptop and just hope he can get a few chances and take them like he did in the cup.

9 hours ago, Btay said:

What if we put 11 players on the pitch but have Delph in a wolves kit. 12 v 10 but it should even out nicely and by the time they realise it will be too late!

In the process of injuring himself he'd probably take out James for the rest of the season.

That's the level of weapon of mass destruction we're talking here.