IGNORED

Danny Ings

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I would say he is the perfect compliment for DCL. Different type of striker.

He is that hard pressing, hard working nuisance that we don’t have at the moment. Imagine him running his arse off and DCL picking up the pieces. I would love to see him here.

Yeh I would definitely agree with that. I think they would be borderline unplayable at times as a pair. 

On 24/01/2021 at 14:00, markjazzbassist said:

Yes watched the cup match yesterday most recently.  He scores yes.  I just don’t want ex reds and people who have spent a years of their life injured. James McCarthy has scarred me.  And yes I know we used to employ lots of ex reds back in the day.  Still don’t care, it’s my opinion and I don’t want him

There we go. Ex red. Not that you don’t rate him, he’s just an ex red. 
😂

His injury record is poor for about three out of 15 seasons. 

I only ever thought of him as solid, but unspectacular at Burnley and Liverpool, but he’s really impressed me  over these last two seasons. He just does pretty much everything well, on top of being a clinical finisher. He’s unselfish and pairs well with other strikers, so would help to bring DCL into games, but has all the tools to do it alone up top as well.

I’d take him in a heartbeat, provided his wage demands aren’t insane. 

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

If he stays fit, Ings will score goals. Not quite sure how they will fit him and Watkins into the same side without weakening one of their games. 

Purple patch 19/20 aside he's a 1 in 3 striker at best, and he's 29, I'd have been very underwhelmed if we'd signed him.

19 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Purple patch 19/20 aside he's a 1 in 3 striker at best, and he's 29, I'd have been very underwhelmed if we'd signed him.

He has had 2 fit seasons in the Premier League and in one of them he scored 11 goals for a recently promoted Burnley and 22 goals for Soton. In his previously fully fit season he scored over 20 goals in the Championship. 

I don't think he was properly fit last season after an early injury and yet he still chipped in with 12 goals. His all round play is also very good.

If you put a fit Danny Ings into half decent side and he will score a decent amount of goals.

15 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Journeyman, at best he could've been another Naismith (no bad thing) but not going to help us move up a level, which is what we want/need.

Fit and healthy, he would be our starting striker. Far better footballer and finisher than Dom, just not the athlete he is. 

11 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He has had 2 fit seasons in the Premier League and in one of them he scored 11 goals for a recently promoted Burnley and 22 goals for Soton. In his previously fully fit season he scored over 20 goals in the Championship. 

I don't think he was properly fit last season after an early injury and yet he still chipped in with 12 goals. His all round play is also very good.

If you put a fit Danny Ings into half decent side and he will score a decent amount of goals.

Fit and healthy, he would be our starting striker. Far better footballer and finisher than Dom, just not the athlete he is. 

So if and if and if, he'd be a good signing. He's only not been "if" for two seasons at 29, no thanks. Good luck in the Villa physio room.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

If he stays fit, Ings will score goals. Not quite sure how they will fit him and Watkins into the same side without weakening one of their games. 

Good coaches will get the best of both

Madness we've not done any better deal yet x

50 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’m not sure why the Saints have let him go I think they are team that will struggle so don’t understand why they would let him go, he must be shite what other reason?

they have an interesting recruitment setup there, but i know they don't have a lot of money, maybe they are strapped for cash due to covid so letting bigger wage players leave to cover the gap?

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I’m not sure why the Saints have let him go I think they are team that will struggle so don’t understand why they would let him go, he must be shite what other reason?

In the last year of his contract and said he wouldn’t sign a new deal. They’d have been mad to turn down £25m for him under those circumstances, and then when you factor in his injury problems it’s a no brainer. 

40 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

In the last year of his contract and said he wouldn’t sign a new deal. They’d have been mad to turn down £25m for him under those circumstances, and then when you factor in his injury problems it’s a no brainer. 

That makes sense, I wonder if they made him an offer to stay or thought we could do better with the money. 

15 hours ago, MikeO said:

So if and if and if, he'd be a good signing. He's only not been "if" for two seasons at 29, no thanks. Good luck in the Villa physio room.

The only if, is if he stays fit. He is a very good footballer (good finisher, quick feet, reads the game well and is quick enough), but it doesn't matter how good you are if you spend most of the time on the physio table!