IGNORED

Danny Ings

On 06/08/2021 at 00:10, Palfy said:

That’s strange obviously he couldn’t see a future there. I’m going to start to have to catch up on what’s going on.  

I don't think he rates their coach, plus the way Soton finished last season they'll be amongst the relegation spots for this one on form. I believe it's the reason why Bertrand jumped ship too.

37 minutes ago, Vranny said:

I don't think he rates their coach, plus the way Soton finished last season they'll be amongst the relegation spots for this one on form. I believe it's the reason why Bertrand jumped ship too.

Did Bertrand jump ship? I thought his contract ran out and Southampton didn’t offer him a new one. 

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Did Bertrand jump ship? I thought his contract ran out and Southampton didn’t offer him a new one. 

Maybe I got that one wrong. I thought he was like Ings and wasn't interested in signing another contract with the club. Seems an odd piece of business to let go of your starting left back if it was Soton's choice, but I guess that's the post-covid landscape we live in.

8 minutes ago, Vranny said:

Maybe I got that one wrong. I thought he was like Ings and wasn't interested in signing another contract with the club. Seems an odd piece of business to let go of your starting left back if it was Soton's choice, but I guess that's the post-covid landscape we live in.

It could be that’s how it was, I just don’t remember hearing about them offering him a new deal. But, obviously, I wouldn’t be following their news all that much!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

It a transfer that simply highlights the predicament we are in. Its simply a firefighting or sticking plaster transfer that might be what is needed to give us a better chance of staying up. We don't have the luxury of just going for talented youngsters his window. We need somebody who is Premiership proven, will nick some goals and get us some points. Don't need to win every game as we are not at the business end of the table - its about scrapping out the bare minimum that keep us in the Premiership in this transfer window. A 3-4 Danny Ings goals might mean a additional 4-6 points, which could easily mean the difference between staying up or going down.

A fit Danny Ings does make us a better team squad, and to me he is the type of player you would be happy having in your corner in a dog fight. The massive question will be can he stay fit. 

A big element of the summers recruitment was bring in people who don't have a tendency of sitting on the treatment table (which I applauded and am behind), so this transfer, especially, if we are forced in to permanent deal, just shows the limitations of the reality of our limited ability in the market - idealistic transfer strategies will have to be compromised.

I feel so sorry for the tools Lampard and Thelwall have to work with - everything they do transfer wise has to be a compromise at the moment, we have desperate needs but are currently the 'paupers' of the premier league in what we can actually spend. 

This is currently the toughest Premiership club to manage by some way.

Ings is quality, but he'd be a good signing as a backup to a fit DCL, Richarlison etc. I wouldn't want to pin our survival hopes on him.

You just know we'll spunk about £35m on him and be moaning about him in four years time when he's sat on a £100,000 a week wage, in League One missing sitters against Forest Green.

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Ings is quality, but he'd be a good signing as a backup to a fit DCL, Richarlison etc. I wouldn't want to pin our survival hopes on him.

You just know we'll spunk about £35m on him and be moaning about him in four years time when he's sat on a £100,000 a week wage, in League One missing sitters against Forest Green.

It the Everton way. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Sure, we have been run to the brink of sanction? That epl have to approve any moves we make and hence we are trying to get players on loan or on the drip…, which is why French players are targeted. They have players paid for over long periods. 

the board have run us to breaking point. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Surely you understand that we have been run to the brink of sanction? That epl have to approve any moves we make and hence we are trying to get players on loan or on the drip…, which is why finch layers are targeted. 

the board have run us to breaking point. 

Wasn't it recently announced that we don't need the PL to check on our transfers now?

Don't know what bird shaggers have to do with this though...