IGNORED

Matheus Nunes

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Our financial troubles won't change in the slightest if we're taken over.

Looks like his price has at least doubled since the first time we were linked with him how can he cost that much when realistically nobody is in for him. 

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Our financial troubles won't change in the slightest if we're taken over.

I think the only way the situation changes is if the new owners somehow brought in new revenue streams for that year (better sponsorship deals, signed up to actually name the stadium not just the naming rights, training ground etc). Highly unlikely so I'm with you but if they affect the "in year" revenue stream then that would change the FPP outlook I think (but hey I'm no expert on FPP at all)

2 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

I think the only way the situation changes is if the new owners somehow brought in new revenue streams for that year (better sponsorship deals, signed up to actually name the stadium not just the naming rights, training ground etc). Highly unlikely so I'm with you but if they affect the "in year" revenue stream then that would change the FPP outlook I think (but hey I'm no expert on FPP at all)

FFP is calculated over rolling 3 year windows right? New owners could come in and get new commercial deals 10 times the size of the current ones, promise £1b transfer kitty. That won't be counted in the books until next year so absolutely no immediate impact at all. If I remember correctly at least. 

6 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

FFP is calculated over rolling 3 year windows right? New owners could come in and get new commercial deals 10 times the size of the current ones, promise £1b transfer kitty. That won't be counted in the books until next year so absolutely no immediate impact at all. If I remember correctly at least. 

What Matt said.

My post was in response to that article saying if we're taken over we'll spend big on this fella. We won't because it changes nothing in terms of our situation, so the article is a load of shite. Not that that's a surprise because most of them are!

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

What Matt said.

My post was in response to that article saying if we're taken over we'll spend big on this fella. We won't because it changes nothing in terms of our situation, so the article is a load of shite. Not that that's a surprise because most of them are!

Agreed we won't spend big on him or any one else for that matter (and the article is shite) but Matt's reply raised an interesting question on FPP. Personally I thought was possible to improve our FPP position with new owners but happy for different opinions. 

2 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Agreed we won't spend big on him or any one else for that matter (and the article is shite) but Matt's reply raised an interesting question on FPP. Personally I thought was possible to improve our FPP position with new owners but happy for different opinions. 

Oh we definitely can but it won't be done any time soon because it's based on three seasons, so it'll be a slow process.

4 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Yes on the 3yr part but I thought the current year counted as one of those.

so say we get an additional 100M of in year revenue, and spend 50M more than current kitty on transfers....is that not still 50M better off over that 3yr period than we would have been.

It would count for this year, but only once its closed and posted in 2023. Its not immediate, its the end of the financial period that's important and we don't report until the following year 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

It would count for this year, but only once its closed and posted in 2023. Its not immediate, its the end of the financial period that's important and we don't report until the following year 

Ok thanks for clarifying. I was reading that NCL would be able to spend big as soon as they sign new commercial deals this year (100M in deals). They aren't starting at the same shit point we are but the point is commercial deals signed this year are going to help them spend this year as income and expense would be included in the same set of books. 

11 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Ok thanks for clarifying. I was reading that NCL would be able to spend big as soon as they sign new commercial deals this year (100M in deals). They aren't starting at the same shit point we are but the point is commercial deals signed this year are going to help them spend this year as income and expense would be included in the same set of books. 

If we weren't already teetering on the edge of FFP that would be possible. But as far as FFP is concerned, -£370m in the last 3 reported seasons (max supposed to be £105m over 3 years).

Let's say new owners put £300m in transfers and magically £200m new commercial deals overnight, that looks like £500m invested. But it isn't, we're still at -£370m for FFP. Come next season, the average over the previous 3 seasons would be much more positive. The -£111m in 2018-19 would no longer be considered, but the -£139.9m in 2019-20 and -£120m losses in 2020-21 (-£260m in 2 years) needs to be balanced out by commerical income of at least +£160m in that 3rd year to negate that -£105m max losses. Wages saved will help obviously but even those savings won't be considered until end of the financial year. 

I think. I'm still learning the world of financial reporting but think that's roughly right although my maths is probably wrong. 

7 hours ago, Matt said:

If we weren't already teetering on the edge of FFP that would be possible. But as far as FFP is concerned, -£370m in the last 3 reported seasons (max supposed to be £105m over 3 years).

Let's say new owners put £300m in transfers and magically £200m new commercial deals overnight, that looks like £500m invested. But it isn't, we're still at -£370m for FFP. Come next season, the average over the previous 3 seasons would be much more positive. The -£111m in 2018-19 would no longer be considered, but the -£139.9m in 2019-20 and -£120m losses in 2020-21 (-£260m in 2 years) needs to be balanced out by commerical income of at least +£160m in that 3rd year to negate that -£105m max losses. Wages saved will help obviously but even those savings won't be considered until end of the financial year. 

I think. I'm still learning the world of financial reporting but think that's roughly right although my maths is probably wrong. 

But the £1.2m per week we saved on James Rodriguez last year would and the relatively no net spend ( not exactly sure ) would mean we have something to spend surely?

5 hours ago, Btay said:

But the £1.2m per week we saved on James Rodriguez last year would and the relatively no net spend ( not exactly sure ) would mean we have something to spend surely?

Even if you take that into consideration, James 1.5m a week (rounded it a little for easier maths) doesn't come close. You'd need 70 weeks of him off the books to negate 105m.

There are ways of putting capital into the club to give more wiggle room. In the same way Moshiri converted £100m of shares at the turn of the year. Maybe new owners could do similar. Not sure how that works though. Hurts my brain just thinking about it. 

14 hours ago, Matt said:

Are we not into the next financial year now? So effectively if we manage to get money in as part of the sake that appears as profit/income…. With us being very transparent with the EPL we can say “if we spend £100m this summer this will be offset by x on our books do we will be fine?”

30 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Are we not into the next financial year now? So effectively if we manage to get money in as part of the sake that appears as profit/income…. With us being very transparent with the EPL we can say “if we spend £100m this summer this will be offset by x on our books do we will be fine?”

Financial year runs from July to June.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Even if you take that into consideration, James 1.5m a week (rounded it a little for easier maths) doesn't come close. You'd need 70 weeks of him off the books to negate 105m.

Shame we didn’t pay him the 2mil a week as the papers were reporting. Would have saved a fortune when we let him go.