IGNORED

Leeds (Away) Saturday 21 August

markjazzbassist

What a header and block that was from Mina at the end. He had a really good game in the end. It was all a bit bonkers! 

Dom will be looking back at that game thinking he should have won it. I think he did what he could with the first chance but he should score the second. 

The more Iwobi and Gray got in the game, the better we played. The goal started with Iwobi and whilst I am not sure how he did it, Gray found the corner. Both played well IMO. 

Allan was a little scrappy at times but full of effort and Doucoure covered every blade of grass about 20 times.

I found the sub of Delph to be a little strange, maybe Rafa was worrying about Raphina and wanted to shut him down a bit more. Not that it really worked. 

Once again it was much better team performance than last season but we still need to start creating more chances. Defensively we are really solid.

Should have won the game but let’s get this right. They were playing their first game in the prem infront of their fans. We limited them to a few chances and we were a constant threat on the counter in the second half. We get a couple of players in and we are going to have a good season. I’m all in if that’s what we are going to play like this season. I’m happy. Allan was a beast today for me. 

Just now, Bailey said:

What a header and block that was from Mina at the end. He had a really good game in the end. It was all a bit bonkers! 

Dom will be looking back at that game thinking he should have won it. I think he did what he could with the first chance but he should score the second. 

The more Iwobi and Gray got in the game, the better we played. The goal started with Iwobi and whilst I am not sure how he did it, Gray found the corner. Both played well IMO. 

Allan was a little scrappy at times but full of effort and Doucoure covered every blade of grass about 20 times.

I found the sub of Delph to be a little strange, maybe Rafa was worrying about Raphina and wanted to shut him down a bit more. Not that it really worked. 

Once again it was much better team performance than last season but we still need to start creating more chances. Defensively we are really solid.

You havin' a laugh

1 minute ago, Finn balor said:

I don’t think he is. Two games and we’ve made two stupid mistakes from the same player. Leeds didn’t get behind us. I thought we defended really well against a well drilled team. Get Godfrey back and we have something to build on 

Sure, I hear that. But if the goals you're conceding are from defensive mistakes, you're hardly defensively solid

Also, I thought the ref did well in the first half, but the second half was ridiculous. I'm pretty sure there was a handball in the buildup to Rafinha's goal for one, but the fact that in a physical game like that one, we had 13 fouls to Leeds' 6 is pretty shocking. A lot of poor calls against us in the second half.

43 minutes ago, Boston Toffee said:

we had our chances.. dcl with chance for two more,, Keane was very poor but will gladly take the point and move on.. Loved watching Gray today.. Loads of speed..

I think most would've taken a point pre-KO, but on chances we deserved all three. Never mind, promising signs with players to come back and hopefully a signing or two.

I think we were pretty poor in the first half again, but not as bad as last week. The ball wasn't sticking up front at all, I thought DCL was quite bad at being a target man and we really struggled to get on the ball and then when we did we were crap with it and usually just gave it away again quickly.

Second half we were more steady than anything and did manage to create enough chances to have won the game. So in that respect (creating chances) we're already looking better than a lot of last season. DCL not putting his chances away and Keane being a fucking moron cost us the three points IMO.

7 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Do you always schedule something during an Everton match :lol:?

matches in the US are Saturday morning or afternoons which we are usually doing something because it’s the weekend.  If they were at night (like they are for you) it would be a lot easier.  the charity work we did this morning was great for my kids to see that giving back is and should be an important part of their life.  Family always is my priority, I try and watch the matches when I can.

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

matches in the US are Saturday morning or afternoons which we are usually doing something because it’s the weekend.  If they were at night (like they are for you) it would be a lot easier.  the charity work we did this morning was great for my kids to see that giving back is and should be an important part of their life.  Family always is my priority, I try and watch the matches when I can.

And so it should be, you don’t have to go to church to be a good Christian or person, and you don’t have to forsake everything in life to be an Evertonian. 

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

3PM is not night for us.

Not having a go or anything, but I will take the piss out of you occasionally (as I just have elsewhere :lol:) for it because that's me.