IGNORED

Brighton (Away) Saturday 28 August

markjazzbassist

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Hes been signed as a squad player to give us width, crosses, experience and options.  

Youve just decided to label him early doors.  Seen all this before with kilbane and Naismith.

Keep your powder dry. 

This.  None of us were excited by the signing but the lad's doing alright, and putting the effort in.  Hope he can keep it up.

You can add Carsley, Bent and Campbell to the list of dull players that we signed that ended up being quality signings.  He can be one of those.

2 minutes ago, badaids said:

This.  None of us were excited by the signing but the lad's doing alright, and putting the effort in.  Hope he can keep it up.

I'm not saying it's wrong to have an opinion of a player but seriously the lad is new, has done nothing but roll his sleeves up and give 100%..... It's early days and his efforts have at least warranted the optimism that he will prove a solid signing. 

I am not having it that Brighton are a decent side. They can play quite nicely through the thirds but there is no end product and put them under pressure like we have and they crumble. Take Bissouma out and they are bang average. 

As for us, I like our set up. We are ready and waiting on the back foot to pounce. They can knock it around all they like at the back, but as soon as there is a sniff, we are on them. High energy and aggressive football. Ideally I would love to see us combine that with more possession of our own but I am sure that will come with time. 

As for the players, there isn't really anything to report. Everyone has been solid enough without being poor or particularly good. They have done what is expected of them... and it's great! 

Funnily enough, I was starting to get pissed off with Gray as Webster was shutting him down really easily. He just kept running inside into trouble, exactly what Webster wanted. The first time he takes him down the line, he gets space for the shot and scores. Yes it probably should have been saved but you aren't going to score if you don't get the shot off *** cough Iwobi cough ***. It was a lovely ball from Allan, and he also set up Dom later on who scuffed his shot wide. Allan is just about my player of the half but there is a fag paper in it with pretty much everyone.

Lets finish these lot off in the second half.

Just now, milesey05 said:

Those who were questioning Gray as a signing 😂.

Seemed fair at the time, he's only two goals off equalling his best Premier League tally this season. He's not going to do this week in week out but he certainly looks okay so far.

As good as the goal was, the defender should have done better, as should the keeper.