IGNORED

Brighton (Away) Saturday 28 August

markjazzbassist

3 games in a week here Hopefully we have enough fuel to get a result.  Brighton won their last match, and we get to face Graham potter a guy who many on here wanted to be our next manager.  

Pickford

coleman godfrey mina digne

Doucoure allan

James                          Gray

DCL    Richarlison

15 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

3 games in a week here Hopefully we have enough fuel to get a result.  Brighton won their last match, and we get to face Graham potter a guy who many on here wanted to be our next manager.  

Pickford

coleman godfrey mina digne

Doucoure allan

James                          Gray

DCL    Richarlison

Would prefer James central and Gray wide right whipping balls in. 

I may have been asleep a lot lately, but why are we not on TV in the first month of the season.

When others including relegation fodder are on 2 or 3 times, has anyone tackled sky or BT about this.

I think it must be some kind of issim but not sure what kind.

This will be another good test, Brighton look to have started quite sharply. I saw a little bit of the Watford game and they were in complete control before forcing the second goal.

When we were looking for a new manager, I thought this would be a make or break season for Potter to see how good he was, so it will be good to see how we get on against them.

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

This will be another good test, Brighton look to have started quite sharply. I saw a little bit of the Watford game and they were in complete control before forcing the second goal.

When we were looking for a new manager, I thought this would be a make or break season for Potter to see how good he was, so it will be good to see how we get on against them.

Maupay could be a doubt for them which would be a big miss. 

Pickford 

Coleman   Mina    Godfrey   Digne 

Allan 

James             Doucoure 

Gray                 DCL           Richarlison 

I’d have Iwobi in for James if he wasn’t carrying a niggle and hopefully get james on for the last 30 or so as I doubt he is match fit. Goals in that team above though and we have good options in the squad to see out a game. 

We will need be better in possession here - both games we’ve been under 70% passing accuracy. 

16 hours ago, Btay said:

Pickford 

Coleman   Mina    Godfrey   Digne 

Allan 

James             Doucoure 

Gray                 DCL           Richarlison 

I’d have Iwobi in for James if he wasn’t carrying a niggle and hopefully get james on for the last 30 or so as I doubt he is match fit. Goals in that team above though and we have good options in the squad to see out a game. 

We will need be better in possession here - both games we’ve been under 70% passing accuracy. 

I think I'd go with that side with as you said Iwobi or Davies in for James. Its not going to be easy so we need the players to give their all, unfortunately James is not one of those.

3 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

I’m not stating an opinion here either way but how crazy is it that the sentence “I’d have Iwobi in for James” is now a reasonable thing to say?

Purely for fitness. But I would have never thought it myself. Credit where credit is due though, he is looking like a useable option, finally!

24 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Crosses in the box won't be the easiest to score for this one. Wonder if we will play more centrally, Iwobi I think starts. I'd like to see him in a 4 with Gray, Richy and Dom.

Only if we float them into the box. Gray and Richarlison have been whipping some dangerous low crosses that the big boys at the back for Brighton might struggle with.

I was reading up on some info ahead of this game and Brighton have the 2nd best defence so far this season from open play, and we have conceded something like the 5th least touches in the box. 

Whilst that sounds like it should be a boring, tight game, I think this will be the biggest test for both sides. Brighton have only played Watford and Burnley, likely to be two of the worst attacking teams in the league. We have played another side likely to be down there (Soton) and another that create lots of big chances from relatively few touches in the box. 

I am not sure I would brave going over 2.5 goals though!

58 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I was reading up on some info ahead of this game and Brighton have the 2nd best defence so far this season from open play, and we have conceded something like the 5th least touches in the box. 

Whilst that sounds like it should be a boring, tight game, I think this will be the biggest test for both sides. Brighton have only played Watford and Burnley, likely to be two of the worst attacking teams in the league. We have played another side likely to be down there (Soton) and another that create lots of big chances from relatively few touches in the box. 

I am not sure I would brave going over 2.5 goals though!

Watford didn’t really threaten them a whole lot. They play a 3 at the back with very, very slow centre back so I would hope richarlison, Dom and Gray could find a lot of room to run into.

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

Their underlying stats i.e. their xG & xGA were among the best in the league last season. Potter really gets the most out of his players which is why I would have liked him here after Carlo left. It's no mistake it's similar this season and I would guess they will keep up the trend. They're a team to look out for this next few years. I also like Bissouma and Maupay would be an excellent signing for us if the rumours are true.

15 hours ago, Aidan said:

Their underlying stats i.e. their xG & xGA were among the best in the league last season. Potter really gets the most out of his players which is why I would have liked him here after Carlo left. It's no mistake it's similar this season and I would guess they will keep up the trend. They're a team to look out for this next few years. I also like Bissouma and Maupay would be an excellent signing for us if the rumours are true.

Their xGA was but their xG wasn't anything special at the end of the season (10th). They went through a spell of missing sitters but then stopped creating as many chances so it evened out. 

I agree about Bissouma though, quality player.