IGNORED

Brighton (Away) Saturday 28 August

markjazzbassist

I can't really add any more to my view on the first half. Brighton perked up a little but the 2nd goal killed them off. 

It is such simple but effective football and whilst we were on the 'backfoot', the difference between this season and last season is stark. We created lotd of great counter attacks and the only criticism could be that we didn't score again. 

I think there a lot of contenders for MOTM and I am not sure who I will pick but the block at the end from Towsend after doing a massive defensive shift almost won it on its own. Can you imagine James doing that?

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Radio saying Richarlison took his top off and kicked a water bottle at full time in anger. 

I'll drive you to Paris myself, what time do you want picking up?

I didn't see it but I wonder whether his penalty incident was about wanting to say goodbye with a goal. 

Petulant little fucker though, maybe even worse than Kean midweek given the circumstances and his standing in the squad.

24 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I can't really add any more to my view on the first half. Brighton perked up a little but the 2nd goal killed them off. 

It is such simple but effective football and whilst we were on the 'backfoot', the difference between this season and last season is stark. We created lotd of great counter attacks and the only criticism could be that we didn't score again. 

I think there a lot of contenders for MOTM and I am not sure who I will pick but the block at the end from Towsend after doing a massive defensive shift almost won it on its own. Can you imagine James doing that?

Well spotted.  I also picked up on him doing some brilliant defending.  Sets a very good tone in the side.

No stand outs for me which is good, I'd go gray for his goal though. 

That was a proper team performance, with a few standout performers to just give us that little bit extra to get us over the line.

The first half was mostly a dull affair, with us picking up towards the end of the half which culminated in us taking the lead.

We didn't look back from that point and were in full control of the game, even if we weren't in control of the ball. We didn't really look under any threat of being pegged back to be honest and I felt a huge sense of ease watching the game, which was an odd experience after being terrified watching us for a lot of last season. We looked solid and organised and were a constant threat on the break, creating so many chances for us to finish the game off. Thankfully we did just that by getting the second goal.

That's our first clean sheet of the season and it didn't really look in doubt. We're growing by the game.

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That was a proper team performance, with a few standout performers to just give us that little bit extra to get us over the line.

The first half was mostly a dull affair, with us picking up towards the end of the half which culminated in us taking the lead.

We didn't look back from that point and were in full control of the game, even if we weren't in control of the ball. We didn't really look under any threat of being pegged back to be honest and I felt a huge sense of ease watching the game, which was an odd experience after being terrified watching us for a lot of last season. We looked solid and organised and were a constant threat on the break, creating so many chances for us to finish the game off. Thankfully we did just that by getting the second goal.

That's our first clean sheet of the season and it didn't really look in doubt. We're growing by the game.

Any thoughts on the....ahem...manager?:otvwhistle:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.