IGNORED

Brighton (Away) Saturday 28 August

markjazzbassist

Fucking hell JP, don't make me panic like that. 

Would be bringing off either Richarlison, Gray or Townsend and bringing on another centre back too, such as Branthwaite. No need to push for a third so keeping the clean sheet and riding out these last 10 minutes would get my backing.

Doucoure continues to impress too, my MOTM by a mile so far.

Edit: Gray off for André Gomes.

Just now, Zoo 2.0 said:

Fucking hell JP, don't make me panic like that. 

Would be bringing off either Richarlison or Townsend and bringing on another centre back too, such as Branthwaite. No need to push for a third so keeping the clean sheet and riding out these last 10 minutes would get my backing.

Doucoure continues to impress too, my MOTM by a mile so far.

Allan's two passes are the reason we're up?

Just now, dunlopp9987 said:

Allan's two passes are the reason we're up?

I can't vote for Bissouma, so I'd give Allan MOTM.  Created so many chances and two goals, plus he's well protected bambi and thumper at centre back.  And as the senior portuguese speaker he knew it was on him to talk Richy down off the ledge. 

7 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Anyone else....really excited by how we've looked so far this year? 

I am, but then I realise that this is Everton and I've been here before. Must admit that it's better than a kick in the bollocks and after the first 45 minutes against Southampton, I didn't think we would be sat here in the position we are currently in.

TalkSport saying that DCL went straight down the tunnel, confirmed that it's a toe injury.

Just now, Zoo 2.0 said:

I am, but then I realise that this is Everton and I've been here before. Must admit that it's better than a kick in the bollocks and after the first 45 minutes against Southampton, I didn't think we would be sat here in the position we are currently in.

TalkSport saying that DCL went straight down the tunnel, hopefully nothing serious.

Absolutely. But this football is light years ahead of what Carlo was giving us, and with more or less the same team

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Absolutely. But this football is light years ahead of what Carlo was giving us, and with more or less the same team

What I like is that we have a system adapted to the players, the players understand and doing their roles within it and putting the effort in.  The sum of that = effectiveness.  I'm under no illusions that the wheels will fall off at any moment.  I just want them to keep the wagon rolling as long as possible, 

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Oh yeah, I've always said that Ancelotti's football was painful (honestly, on par with Allardyce for me) but I let him off with it because he had the pull to bring in world class players such as James and had won silverware for fun so bought into his long term project. 

Benitez, so far has played football that is much better on the eye and you could argue that it'll bring us better results. 

10 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

TalkSport saying that DCL went straight down the tunnel, confirmed that it's a toe injury.

They were assessing his hamstring and quads so if it is a toe injury the physio needs to go back to Uni!