• Mason Holgate
    • Lucas Digne
    • Allan
    • Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • Demarai Gray
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Andros Townsend
    • Richarlison

Current Player of the Season standings....
Demarai Gray...26
Abdoulaye Doucouré...24
Richarlison...14
Alex Iwobi...7
Tom Davies...3
Allan...2
Yerry Mina...1
Andros Townsend...1
André Gomes...1
Asmir Begović...1
Niels Nkounkou...1

Previous MOTM winners...
Huddersfield (A)...Alex Iwobi
Leeds United (A)...Demarai Gray
Southampton (H)...Abdoulaye Doucouré

Allan. 
Set up a few chances, but that wasn’t what was so impressive about him today. 
It was the amount of ground he got through to protect that back four excellent.

Richie was a pain first half, but lost his head second and ended up looking like a misfit.

Gray had a solid game but does towards the end.

Doucroure was a strange one. Equally good and bad. Someone remind him not to pick up Mina’s boots in two weeks. Sure he tripped himself up three times.

Just now, Hafnia said:

Watching second half again......  As it stands Townsend is in with a shout.  My final whistle call was gray but Allan stands out as does doucore. 

Great all round team performance. 

I thought the only thing that let Townsend down during the game was in the first half he left Coleman a bit too isolated because he kept drifting in to the middle. Other than that he was part of a very well-oiled machine.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

I thought the only thing that let Townsend down during the game was in the first half he left Coleman a bit too isolated because he kept drifting in to the middle. Other than that he was part of a very well-oiled machine.

Reminds me of kilbane but that left foot will be a serious weapon. 

Coleman was giving it the "I'm a captain look at how serious I look" act .......  Townsend walked over and walloped the ball out of Richarlisons hands.   This is the type of stuff we have needed at the club.  

Never stopped running, benitez has us fit it seems. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Reminds me of kilbane but that left foot will be a serious weapon. 

Coleman was giving it the "I'm a captain look at how serious I look" act .......  Townsend walked over and walloped the ball out of Richarlisons hands.   This is the type of stuff we have needed at the club.  

Never stopped running, benitez has us fit it seems. 

I did like that myself. Just stepped in and helped to sort it. Holgate as well by going to the touchline and carrying the message back on to Richarlison that it was DCL's penalty.

24 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Funny how some people were writing him off a few days ago........

Allan suits a style of play and it makes hin look very good. As soon as we stop playing that way he will look worse than he is. 

Truth is, he is in the middle somewhere.

It was the same with Davies last season. Lots of people were raving about how much he improved. He didn't improve significantly, if at all, and as soon as we stopped playing the way that suited him, he looked crap again. 

The saying of horses for courses is not just only true for the nags! 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Allan suits a style of play and it makes hin look very good. As soon as we stop playing that way he will look worse than he is. 

Truth is, he is in the middle somewhere.

It was the same with Davies last season. Lots of people were raving about how much he improved. He didn't improve significantly, if at all, and as soon as we stopped playing the way that suited him, he looked crap again. 

The saying of horses for courses is not just only true for the nags! 

Was just gonna say this. He is almost like a defensive James in that he looks all-world when the system suits him but if he’s asked to do more than he’s comfortable with he can be a liability. Good on Rafa for putting him, Docoure, Gray, Iwobi etc.. in positions to be successful so far.