IGNORED

Crystal Palace ( Away ) 12 December

Btay

Boys should be buzzing after that result against Palace. We have to continue with the same passion and determination we finished that game.

433 ( please finally ) Digne in for Mina because I think we will want Godfrey at LB against Chelsea. 

Pickford

Coleman  Godfrey   Keane      Digne

Allan    Gomes  Doucoure

Gordon          Richarlison          Gray

On 07/12/2021 at 03:32, Btay said:

Boys should be buzzing after that result against Palace. We have to continue with the same passion and determination we finished that game.

433 ( please finally ) Digne in for Mina because I think we will want Godfrey at LB against Chelsea. 

Pickford

Coleman  Godfrey   Keane      Digne

Allan    Gomes  Doucoure

Gordon          Richarlison          Gray

Also hoping for a 4-3-3

•  

• Crystal Palace are winless in their past 13 Premier League meetings with Everton (drawn seven, lost six) since a 3-2 away win in September 2014.

• Everton are unbeaten in 10 Premier League away games against Crystal Palace (drawn five, lost five), since a 1-0 loss in October 1994. In their top-flight history, only against Preston (11 between 1897 and 1911) and Liverpool (15 between 1899 and 1914) have they had longer unbeaten away runs.

• All four of Wilfried Zaha’s Premier League goals for Crystal Palace this season have been the opening goal of the game, with three of those ending up being the game’s winning strike. The Ivorian has scored just once in his 11 Premier League games against Everton, and has never been on the winning side against the Toffees.

• Everton manager Rafael Benítez has lost 12 of his past 17 Premier League away games against London sides (won three, drawn two), with both draws in that run coming at Crystal Palace. It’s just one fewer defeat than he suffered in his first 30 such games in the competition (won 12, drawn five, lost 13).

Mina out, Allan questionable, Digne, who knows?

If Allan is out, likely Gomes starts in midfield.  I prefer Gomes as 2d half player, for reasons I've posted in 2 other threads.  Hope Delph can come in and play well.

I'll hope for ...

Pickford

Coleman     Holgate     Keane     Godfrey

Delph

Gordon             Doucoure               Gray

Townsend             Richarlison

Subs -- Gomes in 2d half for tiring Delph.  Move Doucoure back to Delph"s spot, and play through Gomes.  Iwobi, I guess, for one of tiring/ineffective Gordon/Townsend.

Pickford

Coleman, Keane, Godfrey,  Digne

Allan    Doucore   Gomes 

Townsend       Richarlison       Grey

I think Digne will be back in the team. He is not injured and the point has now been made -  so now all concerned should now be professional and get on with it. We should be looking for a positive reaction from Digne where it counts - on the pitch. He now needs to get some solid defensive performances under his belt. 

You have to start Townsend going back to his old club - he will know this pitch and ground inside out. I am sure he will be well and truly up for putting in the proverbial 110%. I think Gomes did enough in the Arsenal game to warrant a start in the game, and this should give us a nice solid centre. 

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

Palace have been very attack minded under Vera using width, can we trust Digne to do a solid enough defensive job, not so sure but I’d be happy with Godfrey on the left he’s got his mojo back and not much will get past him. 

Yeah but I don't fancy Holgate in the centre.

I am disappointed that whatever problem is going on between them isn't sorted. This does put a massive advert in the window that there is potentially a very capable LB who could be for sale for the right off is made from him. Does this make more clubs prick up there ears and take an interest in trying to sign him?

Like I have said I would much prefer a on form Digne rather than cashing in on him, but as we all know if we to have any useful money to spend in the next couple of transfer windows we are going to have to cash in on some players who have a decent value - if selling Digne means we are more likely to hold on to DCL and Richarlison - then so be it - at 28 he's only going to go down in value as a asset in generating potential transfer funds. I would still think he is a £20M player in the current market.  

Hope it’s mostly 4-1-3-2, with Delph staying back, and playing through Gomes.  Doucouré much more likely to help Delph defend than Gomes, whose best defending is a tactical foul.  I’ll be surprised if Gomes doesn’t get a yellow.  If we lead on 65-70 minutes, sub in Branthwaite and Gbamin/Kenny for tiring Delph and Gomes, probably Iwobi for Townsend.