IGNORED

Boreham Wood (H) FA Cup 5th round Thurs 3rd Mar 20:15

FairWooney

There werent many positives to take from that but Kenny and Branthwaite were both very good. Kenny is arguably our best full back at this moment in time. 

Given the very little he had to do, I thought Keane was shaky. He was weak and took way too many touches. 

Gordon was also really frustrating. Lots of effort and he had the beating of his man but the decision making and the quality was shocking. He should have done a lot more.

I was surprised to see us start with 5 at the back so I am glad Lampard changed it at half time. Patterson was arguably unlucky but Kenny showed why it was a good decision in the end.

4 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

lol sure. All I'm saying is, if the tables were turned and we were in 11th position playing Palace in 17th, we would be thrilled with that draw. Hence why I'm sure Palace are as well

You do realise that typing those two words next to each other carries the risk of a lengthy ban do you not?

I await your mitigation plea.

:shakingfist:

I almost never watch commercial TV but I'm just appalled by the bookmaker ads on ITV during that game.

Tobacco advertising is banned because it kills people, alcohol because it feeds addiction (and kills people), so how the absolute fuck is mainstream gambling advertising allowed? Feeds addiction and suicide, shameful.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I almost never watch commercial TV but I'm just appalled by the bookmaker ads on ITV during that game.

Tobacco advertising is banned because it kills people, alcohol because it feeds addiction (and kills people), so how the absolute fuck is mainstream gambling advertising allowed? Feeds addiction and suicide, shameful.

Thought exactly the same. Peter crouch, Jermaine Jenas, pocketing money from peoples desperation. Merson said it’s the hardest thing to kick cos it’s everywhere. 

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not just ITV mate Sky and BT sport as well mate, your right what chance does a gambling addict have if they like sport as a spectator and not just as a gambler. 

59 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

lol sure. All I'm saying is, if the tables were turned and we were in 11th position playing Palace in 17th, we would be thrilled with that draw. Hence why I'm sure Palace are as well

They are, One of my sons is a Palace supporter...... yes, I know.

Their fans let them see a down tonight. Sung and had fun for the most part…. But then let themselves down by fighting and throwing punches at old men.

Trouble outside as well as a group of their fans were fighting everyone. I was parked right on the middle by the coaches…. Was more entertaining than the match at least.

And they had the nerve to sing “your fans are shit”!

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Their fans let them see a down tonight. Sung and had fun for the most part…. But then let themselves down by fighting and throwing punches at old men.

Trouble outside as well as a group of their fans were fighting everyone. I was parked right on the middle by the coaches…. Was more entertaining than the match at least.

And they had the nerve to sing “your fans are shit”!

awful hooligan element by all accounts - banned spurs and arsenal fans I believe.

Easy but difficult, that's how I'd describe things.

Easy because we were never, ever in any danger but difficult because of ourselves. We played so slowly and without purpose for a lot of it. As soon as we quickened things up we opened them up easily, as you'd expect, but we just didn't do it as often as I'd have liked.

I don't know about other parts of the ground but there were plenty of attempts at getting the crowd singing in the Lower Gwladys, but it's hard for cup games (especially evening ones) due to lots of the regular fans not being there and the ones that come just when cup tickets are available don't really contribute to an atmosphere all that much to be honest. Plus, this would have been a difficult game to build an atmosphere anyway, rightly or wrongly.

Anyway, job done and we're in the next round. I wish it'd have been another home draw because our away record is atrocious, but at least we're there!

6 hours ago, Btay said:

Wasn’t too long ago some of our “fans” were throwing objects at opposing players - I wouldn’t let the actions of a few ( I hope ) dictate opinion of their fan base.

I class those lot the same as I do the Boreham supporters the other night… absolute tits.

Problem was it wasn’t a handful, it was about 60/70% of them. Then they carried it on outside. 
Sorry, just lost all respect I had for them after that. Only taking about the trouble makers by the way. I’m sure they have a decent fan base of proper football fans.

32 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I class those lot the same as I do the Boreham supporters the other night… absolute tits.

Problem was it wasn’t a handful, it was about 60/70% of them. Then they carried it on outside. 
Sorry, just lost all respect I had for them after that. Only taking about the trouble makers by the way. I’m sure they have a decent fan base of proper football fans.

Well they can’t have many decent fans if as you said 70% were kicking off. 

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

But how many of them were proper fans and how many jumped on the bandwagon? There were nearly 2,000 of them and their average home gate is less than 1,000.

That’s not unusual for communities to come out in force when there local team has the biggest game of their lives. 

15 minutes ago, MikeO said:

But how many of them were proper fans and how many jumped on the bandwagon? There were nearly 2,000 of them and their average home gate is less than 1,000.

They had according to ITV commentary 1,500 supporters there, thing is with away supporters they stick together for safety in numbers, which often turns into trouble when people get brave in the group, it was like it when I was in prime and hasn’t really changed now. 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Sorry, just lost all respect I had for them after that only taking about the trouble makers by the way. I’m sure they have a decent fan base of proper football fans.

Someone previously mentioned that they included banned Gooners and Shitspurs, so they must have previous. Shame after the great interaction between the two clubs with the fella Kane and Frank's text to their manager and our club providing their match strip. Great pity.