IGNORED

Pre-season 2022/23

MikeO

In order to keep my sanity, I didn't watch any of the Arsenal or Minnesota games, I am however watching this and do genuinely worry about us. 

We're making a right pig's ear (and second best IMO) of Blackpool. We will be absolutely tonked by anyone and everyone once the league kicks off. 

So far, our response to nearly being relegated is to sell our best player and bring in James Tarkowski on a free - 10/10 to the board.

8 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

In order to keep my sanity, I didn't watch any of the Arsenal or Minnesota games, I am however watching this and do genuinely worry about us. 

We're making a right pig's ear (and second best IMO) of Blackpool. We will be absolutely tonked by anyone and everyone once the league kicks off. 

So far, our response to nearly being relegated is to sell our best player and bring in James Tarkowski on a free - 10/10 to the board.

Wouldn’t say second best at all mate, we’re by far a different level than them. We have done our usual and let in soft goals. But let’s be fair here, we’ve been the better team and looked after the ball well.

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Hopefully the link today to us loaning Patterson out is a load of bollocks. We need him here to grow, even if it will be painful at times.

He’s looked very decent today mate. Done ok at the back, but going forward he has added another dimension.

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He’s looked very decent today mate. Done ok at the back, but going forward he has added another dimension.

Shukes, I rate him highly, I think he'll be a quality signings for us. There will be growing pains but I'd rather him have them here because the upside he can bring is massive.

If Coleman didn't cost us goals and offer next to nothing going forward then I'd understand why we may look to loan him out, but he regularly costs us goals so I'd like to hope we'll see a lot of Patterson this season even if he makes mistakes.

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He has a great first touch and play’s with his head up as a coach that’s what you want from your players, he will be alright Lampard’s just got to give him the game time and let him settle in the team. 

Agree. Given the financial mess we have to give young players the chance to grow in the team. At their age they will be hungry to succeed so give them the opportunity.

Very good showing from Myko, he seems in a good place given his circumstances so hope this continues for him. I guess Friday will be emotional though.