IGNORED

Morgan Gibbs-White

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62594961

£25m plus £17m add ons. Not quite as ridiculous as it seems. 

Makes me wonder if Chelsea's bid is structured that way which is why we dismissed it so quickly. 

Depends on the add-ons. Would make sense for Chelsea with a player as unproven as Gordon. Obviously we would prefer more guaranteed.

5 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Depends on the add-ons. Would make sense for Chelsea with a player as unproven as Gordon. Obviously we would prefer more guaranteed.

1 will be staying up I'm sure, then everything else will be higher finish and appearances I'd imagine. So if they go down, £25m plus say £5m for apps isn't that ridiculous in this day and age. 

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

1 will be staying up I'm sure, then everything else will be higher finish and appearances I'd imagine. So if they go down, £25m plus say £5m for apps isn't that ridiculous in this day and age. 

Yea. Gordon’s would probably be based around appearances and he might not get that many in the league this year if he made the move.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Forest are giving themselves every opportunity to stay up with all the players they are bring in - but a lot of bodies to try and keep happy and get used to playing with each other. I have read that Watford dressing room where openly celebrating Dennis moving on as he apparently caused a few problems (also read this about a month ago before this story).

https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/super-eagles/watford-players-celebrate-pound20m-departure-of-super-eagles-emmanuel-dennis/fvzlw6z

27 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Forest are giving themselves every opportunity to stay up with all the players they are bring in - but a lot of bodies to try and keep happy and get used to playing with each other. I have read that Watford dressing room where openly celebrating Dennis moving on as he apparently caused a few problems (also read this about a month ago before this story).

https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/super-eagles/watford-players-celebrate-pound20m-departure-of-super-eagles-emmanuel-dennis/fvzlw6z

They could be, but I've always been a supporter of minimal changes because 5+ upsets the balance of the squad. They're onto 16 now, who don't know the club, it's philosophy or its principles and will be pushing the majority of the players who earned promotion out of what they earned. I expect a lot of discontent and for them to collapse before Christmas.

1 hour ago, msloan78 said:

Fat fingers tapped 44.5 but still quoted as 42.5 on Sky Sports earlier.

Oh, even better! Sky really wouldn’t let the truth get in the way of a good story. 

Can’t wait to see the headline “Everton lose £40m on Dele transfer” after he moves to Turkey. 

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

They could be, but I've always been a supporter of minimal changes because 5+ upsets the balance of the squad. They're onto 16 now, who don't know the club, it's philosophy or its principles and will be pushing the majority of the players who earned promotion out of what they earned. I expect a lot of discontent and for them to collapse before Christmas.

I hope they fall apart. 

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

Pretty much a brand new squad, take a long time to bond methinks.

That's a fucking mental fee.

I know it's different circumstances but Sterling went for £47 and Haaland £51m. Wolves have had an absolute belter there.

Although, is this a Richarlison or Dele esc transfer where in reality Forrest paid maybe £15m and will probably never end up paying the full £42m?

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

That's a fucking mental fee.

I know it's different circumstances but Sterling went for £47 and Haaland £51m. Wolves have had an absolute belter there.

Although, is this a Richarlison or Dele esc transfer where in reality Forrest paid maybe £15m and will probably never end up paying the full £42m?

54 minutes ago, Fosse Captain said:

Crazy money! 

£40 million for a player (instalments or not) who couldn’t get a game in PL so was loaned to EFL last season. 

Wish someone would offer that for Simms et al !!! 

😂 he’s £25m, chill out lads.