IGNORED

Amadou Onana

8 hours ago, Btay said:

Yep - probably silly season but Fermin Lopez stands out here. I hadn’t heard of him until recently but he looks like he’s got a bit of Gary Speed/Tim Cahill about him - arrives late in the box. The exact kind of player we need in my opinion. If he’s not going to feature at Barca long term, he’ll be a name I’ll be looking out for.

2 hours ago, c1982 said:

Yep - probably silly season but Fermin Lopez stands out here. I hadn’t heard of him until recently but he looks like he’s got a bit of Gary Speed/Tim Cahill about him - arrives late in the box. The exact kind of player we need in my opinion. If he’s not going to feature at Barca long term, he’ll be a name I’ll be looking out for.

He's the only one that interests me too.

20 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Completely overrated performance. Mad how fans go mad for a player who doesn't grab the game, so passive it's untrue. 

Yeah I honestly have not been able to understand the hype for a while now. These insane numbers like £50 and £60m keep getting thrown around and I'm over here like "WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR"

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Yeah I honestly have not been able to understand the hype for a while now. These insane numbers like £50 and £60m keep getting thrown around and I'm over here like "WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR"

I dont know what it is.... people look at 6ft 4+ footballers and get into instant hype mode calling them beasts etc as if it's a game of top trumps. 

the lad can't strike a football seems to fall asleep when players run off him. 

athletically he's all there, but his mentality is poor. He's a solid enough player who in normal circumstances you would like to see if he improves etc but at the prices rumoured we need to cash in and retain branthwaite. 

I look at him and think….. he is a talented player and generally looks our best player. 
Its easy to see why so many other teams are interested in him.

I see him play the same football he does with us, with Belgium. The big difference is their players don’t think the ball is an atom bomb.

I don’t understand why a few of our fans expect him to be an offensive dynamite? It was obvious from his first few weeks here that he was here to replace Gana. His natural state is to sit in front of defence and provide a link up. He won’t go for 50-60m no way.

Too sore to play allegedly.  He did full training session though.

after the Newcastle game and his reaction to the substitution I expected it. 

not a big dyche fan as we know but I see a problem with Onana.  A few things in recent months have pissed me off... the penalty, laughing at garners free kick and stopping when dyche turned around, the Brighton equaliser. 

I see someone who doesn't care and who knows he's going in the summer.  Compare him to McNeil - awful first half, he's  got things going on in his personal life and is probably in a bad place - he literally covered 8km in the second half.  I actually got emotional seeing the crowd recognise him for his one man selfless act of running his arse off. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Nah, he's not for me.

Bad prick him.  I seen a fan leg on the Highbury pitch and try and swap shirts for less than what this wage thief has done the past few appearances. 

disgusting.  Get rid asap 

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday was certainly a CV of him. First half utterly useless, flopping about, lots of pointing... 2nd half he was the player we want him to be as a minimum.

He needs to be first out the door. Seems like a good kid who wants to do the right thing with people but he's so inconsistent and half hearted in our team. 

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yesterday was certainly a CV of him. First half utterly useless, flopping about, lots of pointing... 2nd half he was the player we want him to be as a minimum.

He needs to be first out the door. Seems like a good kid who wants to do the right thing with people but he's so inconsistent and half hearted in our team. 

Thought the same. While the rest of the team were really casual in the second half he really stepped up and stood out.

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Thought the same. While the rest of the team were really casual in the second half he really stepped up and stood out.

He must've got an earful because he was probably the best player second half.

Can't stand him.  Nothing worse in football than players thinking they are better than the team they play for. 

he will go for decent money because if a coach gets hold of him and manages  to somehow changes him as a player who chooses to run a game with his athleticism then he could be a good number 6 or 8. 

dyches biggest tick in the box this season was handing his balls to him in the Newcastle and Chelsea game and dropping him. 

this lad would have jogged about and seen us relegated and still tried to cheerlead the fans. 

I’ve seen him called out on here for joking around with players from the opposition…..I noticed as he was running out of the tunnel for 2nd half he was having a laugh with the Sheffield Utd subs (who were coming in)…..I think he is just immature/naive…call it what you will…..but def we need to get shot, I can see him squandering what ever natural talent he has…and being a pogba esque player (not comparing them in terms of ability, just not all there between the ears and full of ego)

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

I’ve seen him called out on here for joking around with players from the opposition…..I noticed as he was running out of the tunnel for 2nd half he was having a laugh with the Sheffield Utd subs (who were coming in)…..I think he is just immature/naive…call it what you will…..but def we need to get shot, I can see him squandering what ever natural talent he has…and being a pogba esque player (not comparing them in terms of ability, just not all there between the ears and full of ego)

The incidents that got me were:-

1. After the derby where we were robbed,  players were fuming at the ref to dispute why Liverpool weren't down to 10 men,  he walked on the pitch in his coat after getting subbed to have a laugh with Nunez and to pamper happy klopp who has time for people when things go his way.  

2. Laughing on the bench at Garners free kick.  Pricking behaviour

3. "Look at me" penalty vs Fulham.

4. Downed tools and threw a tantrum after getting subbed vs Newcastle.

doesnt give a toss 

I would like to keep him for another season.

He is actually a very good player, and I don’t think his attitude is as bad as it’s made out to be. He is just young and naive and will learn. 
At times he looks on a different level to our team, and at other times he can look lacking. Is this due to him getting demotivated due to our quality? Easy for young players to suffer from that.

If he wants to go, then let him go. But if he wants to stay for another season then let’s see if we can get the most out him.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

He is actually a very good player, and I don’t think his attitude is as bad as it’s made out to be.

Completely agree with this. You can’t know a persons attitude without knowing a person. Judge their actions, absolutely, but not attitude. 

35 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He is actually a very good player, and I don’t think his attitude is as bad as it’s made out to be. He is just young and naive and will learn. 
At times he looks on a different level to our team, and at other times he can look lacking. Is this due to him getting demotivated due to our quality? Easy for young players to suffer from that.

If he wants to go, then let him go. But if he wants to stay for another season then let’s see if we can get the most out him.

He's had 2 seasons to show us though and nothing has changed. Not 1 thing he does better now than when he arrived. 

On 12/05/2024 at 21:22, Shukes said:

when you lose a derby and you are sat on the bench after getting subbed and you see players on the pitch livid cos we were robbed by awful officiating......... why would you walk on the pitch to seek out Klopp to have a laugh and a joke and then have a giggle with Nunez whilst you are at it???

Alarm bells went off in my head the second I seen that.  His decision to roll a penalty to take us to the semi finals smacked of the same mentality - he does not care.  Being sat on the bench and laughing at James Garners free kick while we are in the middle of a marathon run without winning a game?

We laugh at VVD nearly crying when losing a derby and getting salty - maybe that's why he became a multi trophy winner,  Onanamous? nah.... get rid

On 13/05/2024 at 06:58, Matt said:

He's had 2 seasons to show us though and nothing has changed. Not 1 thing he does better now than when he arrived. 

He has definitely regressed with his surging runs. I think he is pretty tidy in all other aspects but I really want to see him get the ball & drive forward (in the right moments). 

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/05/2024 at 09:50, Hafnia said:

when you lose a derby and you are sat on the bench after getting subbed and you see players on the pitch livid cos we were robbed by awful officiating......... why would you walk on the pitch to seek out Klopp to have a laugh and a joke and then have a giggle with Nunez whilst you are at it???

Alarm bells went off in my head the second I seen that.  His decision to roll a penalty to take us to the semi finals smacked of the same mentality - he does not care.  Being sat on the bench and laughing at James Garners free kick while we are in the middle of a marathon run without winning a game?

We laugh at VVD nearly crying when losing a derby and getting salty - maybe that's why he became a multi trophy winner,  Onanamous? nah.... get rid

https://sportwitness.co.uk/thats-something-i-strive-everton-player-publicly-talks-transfer-desire-makes-wish-clear/

with a bit of luck he will play in his top gear at the Euro's and we will get best fee possible. 

Sounds like he really want that big move this summer and has maybe had more of an eye on the Euro's than our PL games.

He was always going to be a player who we wanted to make a profit on after 2-3 years. Maximising that profit is the key.

44 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

https://sportwitness.co.uk/thats-something-i-strive-everton-player-publicly-talks-transfer-desire-makes-wish-clear/

with a bit of luck he will play in his top gear at the Euro's and we will get best fee possible. 

Sounds like he really want that big move this summer and has maybe had more of an eye on the Euro's than our PL games.

He was always going to be a player who we wanted to make a profit on after 2-3 years. Maximising that profit is the key.

There will be fans out there fuming at his interview..... sadly these fans probably backed him after his disgusting penalty and half arsed showings when playing Newcastle and Chelsea which led to crisis talks and him being the one big notable change along with Dyche wearing a tracksuit. 

Yeah yeah yeah.... this lad looks so silky and classy when all the stars align and he fancies having a go.  I don't know any clubs that exist that tolerate such indifference to consistency.  They may look at him and think "yeah you may do that at Everton but you won't here, we will buy you fir £60m and pay you £200k a week and you won't be like the other mercenaries who are more arsed about hairstyles, tik tok videos and £5000 trainers" 

the fact is he won't change. He's been playing for a poor side for 2 years and instead of being first name on the sheet he ended his time being someone the manager and fans can't trust. 

good riddance.  If we can sell him and keep branthwaite I would be ecstatic.