IGNORED

Amadou Onana

4 hours ago, Btay said:

I would like to see us try Garner / Onana with someone who has more technical ability than Doucoure. In an ideal world, a fit & firing Dele could be that player but it’s very hard to tell with him.

Crying out for more creativity in the middle for sure. We're very workmanlike.

5 hours ago, Btay said:

I would like to see us try Garner / Onana with someone who has more technical ability than Doucoure. In an ideal world, a fit & firing Dele could be that player but it’s very hard to tell with him.

Doucoure has energy and drives us forward, plus he does create mayhem in the oppositions final third. 

Iwobi is good at driving us forward with his runs, he creates chances and has a great engine, like Doucoure.

Either would work.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Can we give this lad some credit today. He was excellent today, for a young lad still learning his trade. 
Was so much more dynamic, but also held himself on check when needed. 
Would give him a 7.5/10 today.

Thought he faded a bit in the second half, but that could just be because he was immense in the first half. But more performances like this would be great

8 minutes ago, StevO said:

I just want to see him dominate and be a bit more proactive. He’s got it, he’s got everything. Just want to see more. 
I know he’s young, no doubt he’ll achieve big things. 

Can’t tell if he’s being a bit more passive than I’d like or if we’re not deciding to play through him. Either way he’s been very good but I’d like to see him control the game more consistently 

On 02/09/2023 at 16:37, Romey 1878 said:

Apart from his can't be arsed attempt to the stop the cross for their equaliser I thought he was excellent.

Definitely personally I think we are seeing a decent spine to the team that we haven’t seen for quite a while, Pickford, Tarkowski, Onana, and Beto look like they are going to be the strength down the centre of the team. If it wasn’t for a display from Beto that we’ve needed for as long as I care to remember, Onana would have got my pick for motm. 

57 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Definitely personally I think we are seeing a decent spine to the team that we haven’t seen for quite a while, Pickford, Tarkowski, Onana, and Beto look like they are going to be the strength down the centre of the team. If it wasn’t for a display from Beto that we’ve needed for as long as I care to remember, Onana would have got my pick for motm. 

Tarkowski aside, I'd agree. He needs to be a stop gap.

8 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

On an admittedly, very small sample size, I'd say that when fit, it should not be automatic that Dom gets the lone striker role. Obviously, Beto needs to sustain his form and DCL needs to get fit - neither of which is a given 😄

I think he should play whoever is on form and let the other prove themselves.

Been a long time since we’ve had competition.

10 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

On an admittedly, very small sample size, I'd say that when fit, it should not be automatic that Dom gets the lone striker role. Obviously, Beto needs to sustain his form and DCL needs to get fit - neither of which is a given 😄

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

I think he should play whoever is on form and let the other prove themselves.

Been a long time since we’ve had competition.

These are all very good points. 

That belong in BETO OR DCL'S THREAD!! 

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He has aggression, accuracy, creativity and ran forward with the ball. This is the Onana we thought we were getting.

Needs to play in a 2 more with Garner - may happen now we have McNeil and Harrison ready (players who will work all over and non-stop). I do think Dyche will revert to Gana and Doucoure though.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

What a game he had last night.

Most accurate passes on the pitch.

Won the ball back more times than anyone else on the pitch. 

An assist.

He has aggression, accuracy, creativity and ran forward with the ball. This is the Onana we thought we were getting.

Loved his assist last night. Garner pointed and Onana responded and put it exactly where it needed to go.

I suspect it’s a case of enjoy him while we can, because the so called bigger clubs are already circling, but I would love to see us build a side around Onana and Garner

Even if he does go though it will be for a tidy profit and is exactly the model we should be following, at least until we get into a position of being able to match the ambition of players of his calibre. Although sadly I think those days are gone forever the way the game is structured now