IGNORED

Amadou Onana

Still our biggest asset though. 
And these players aren’t kids, or shouldn’t be. If they can’t galvanise after a missed penalty… then they shouldn’t be in the professional game.

Onana can be so annoying to watch. He has moments when he strides forward and looks like a Vierra…. And then spends the rest of the game looking likes he’s scared to go forward. 
But he has more good moments than bad for me and we would be a weaker team without him.

17 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Still our biggest asset though. 
And these players aren’t kids, or shouldn’t be. If they can’t galvanise after a missed penalty… then they shouldn’t be in the professional game.

Onana can be so annoying to watch. He has moments when he strides forward and looks like a Vierra…. And then spends the rest of the game looking likes he’s scared to go forward. 
But he has more good moments than bad for me and we would be a weaker team without him.

our biggest asset in branthwaite by a country mile. It's not even close, the weird fact is that Onana seems to be valued at a similar cost.  

Onana could be sold and replaced for less, Barkley and Garner were the best midfielders on the pitch yesterday. I'd have Barkley back in a heartbeat and said this a while ago. 

19 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

our biggest asset in branthwaite by a country mile. It's not even close, the weird fact is that Onana seems to be valued at a similar cost.  

Onana could be sold and replaced for less, Barkley and Garner were the best midfielders on the pitch yesterday. I'd have Barkley back in a heartbeat and said this a while ago. 

I thought Onana was our best midfielder yesterday and barely noticed Garner and thought he really struggled to impose himself on the game.

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I thought Onana was our best midfielder yesterday and barely noticed Garner and thought he really struggled to impose himself on the game.

The only thing I seen Onana do was fall over repeatedly looking for fouls. Walked round most the match.  Plays like it's an international friendly 

54 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Branthwaite would have be 80m upwards for us to sell him

• 4 weeks later...

Going to be wildly unpopular here, but I’m changing my mind and thinking let’s cash in.

I know he scored last night, but was it just me that thought he just slowed us down? He will only ever play a safe pass, never tries to thread it through. He is just so safe it slows our impetus down. If we could get 70 for him, I would snap there hands off.

And now we have Garner. I think Garner is going to be Gana’s replacement, or could be if we cashed in on Onana. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Going to be wildly unpopular here, but I’m changing my mind and thinking let’s cash in.

I know he scored last night, but was it just me that thought he just slowed us down? He will only ever play a safe pass, never tries to thread it through. He is just so safe it slows our impetus down. If we could get 70 for him, I would snap there hands off.

And now we have Garner. I think Garner is going to be Gana’s replacement, or could be if we cashed in on Onana. 

Oh I've been on the cash-in train for a while. Too inconsistent based on how much we could be getting for him. For the numbers being thrown out there, I'd have expected to see more from him

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I thought the complete opposite, I thought Garner was forever playing sideways and backwards all night and we lost control of the midfield

Then Onana came on and did start moving us forwards and picking the right passes and we then started winning the midfield back and controlling the game

2 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

It would have been nice if he had put a tackle in to prevent their goal. 
Generally he doesn’t do enough for me in all games, apart from waving his arms at the crowd.

That wasn't lost on me.... disgraceful.  I get the general feeling he doesn't give a shit - him and chermitti laughing their bollocks off at garners free kick wasn't a good look either. 

39 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

That wasn't lost on me.... disgraceful.  I get the general feeling he doesn't give a shit - him and chermitti laughing their bollocks off at garners free kick wasn't a good look either. 

I can’t see the bench from where I sit, but that’s not the sign of a team player, and I agree he always seems more concerned at pimping himself up over putting in POM performances, which I don’t think he’s ever won on TT.

54 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Would not have gotten that point without him...

Need all that we can get in this regulation battle...

People talking about cashing in like we are safe...

Not sure where all this optimism is coming from, haha.

I assume folks mean in the summer.  Would be utterly daft to let anyone out the door at this point (if tehre were even anywhere to send him).

9 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

I can’t see the bench from where I sit, but that’s not the sign of a team player, and I agree he always seems more concerned at pimping himself up over putting in POM performances, which I don’t think he’s ever won on TT.

Would have had my vote against Palace. Wasn’t an option in the thread. 

Probably not good to laugh but that free kick from Garner was quite poor. 

4 hours ago, plaidharper said:

I laughed at it too. More out of horror but, yeah, I laughed.

When set-pieces are our best chance of scoring and then that happens I had to or I would have exploded with anger.

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I laughed at it too. More out of horror but, yeah, I laughed.

When set-pieces are our best chance of scoring and then that happens I had to or I would have exploded with anger.

Did you see it though? He and chermitti were like a pair of 10 year olds. 

players supposedly feeling the pressure? Didn't look like it to me.  

12 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Nothing can ever be as bad as his penalty in the quarter final.  He can't be sold till the summer as the window is closed. 

he will be off though. I'm certain of that.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Did you see it though? He and chermitti were like a pair of 10 year olds. 

players supposedly feeling the pressure? Didn't look like it to me.  

I was at the game and I can’t be arsed watching anything back when we haven’t won tbh, so no I haven’t. So I’m not defending them because I haven’t got a clue how it came across.

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I was at the game and I can’t be arsed watching anything back when we haven’t won tbh, so no I haven’t. So I’m not defending them because I haven’t got a clue how it came across.

Came across like footballers giggling like they don't give a shit. Probably the only people in the ground who were laughing.   

On 20/02/2024 at 19:25, Palfy said:

I felt we pretty much bypassed the midfield for most of the game with long aimless punts upfield. 

The midfield bypassed themselves by not even attempting to get into space or pass the ball forwards. 

On 20/02/2024 at 17:25, Wiggytop said:

It would have been nice if he had put a tackle in to prevent their goal. 
Generally he doesn’t do enough for me in all games, apart from waving his arms at the crowd.

This. He needed the goal to make up for watching them score without doing anything about it. 

8 minutes ago, StevO said:

The midfield bypassed themselves by not even attempting to get into space or pass the ball forwards. 

I agree the midfield were ineffective a lot of the time, particularly Garner and McNeil who were imo very negative when in possession, never seemingly looking to play forward constantly playing back or sideway balls at best. But the long balls from Pickford and Tarkowski are starting to really irritate me, most of the time they just end up giving away cheap possession, we’ve forgotten the basics of football and how to play out from the back, it saddens me to say that we are the closest team I’ve seen to the Wimbledon of the 80s and early 90s. 

26 minutes ago, StevO said:

This. He needed the goal to make up for watching them score without doing anything about it. 

I'm surprised how many fans missed out on him doing fuck all for their goal.

When we conceded it - it boiled my piss having watched him laugh at James Garner.  I'm not sure Garner will be happy about that.

a few things have pissed me off with Onana, not even arsed about his wantaway interview..... he came off the subs bench after final whistle in the derby to laugh and joke with klopp and Nunez at the final whistle when we had been shit on by the officials. 

Loads of talent but generally he doesn't give a shit. 

His Pickford impersonation wound me up. We worked out of defence fast and had momentum, the ball came to Onana and he completely killed it and sent it right back. A few players had a moan and he held his hands up and said calm down…. Becoming a proper scouse!

8 hours ago, Shukes said:

His Pickford impersonation wound me up. We worked out of defence fast and had momentum, the ball came to Onana and he completely killed it and sent it right back. A few players had a moan and he held his hands up and said calm down…. Becoming a proper scouse!

He has an opinion of himself that isn't gonna endear him.