IGNORED

Amadou Onana

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tonight he demonstrated an arrogance and a complete lack of respect for the team, fans and shirt.

People miss penalties, gana missed his but at least he fuckin hit it!  - who the fuck takes a penalty like that to win the game?!  Leno was reading the shots  - so why roll it???!!!!

sorry but he’s absolutely killed the crowd tonight.  It wasn’t the miss, it was the complete and utter ego on him. 

Might get a bit of shit for this but I don't think his penalty was arrogant at all. I think he's a young lad and just panicked to be honest - it's the last penalty and he's had a major brainfart trying to just get it over and done with. He took is unbelievably quickly from when the referee blew his whistle.

I can sort of see what he was trying to do, although that doesn't change that I think it's a stupid decision and he should rightly get a bollocking in the morning for it.

18 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Might get a bit of shit for this but I don't think his penalty was arrogant at all. I think he's a young lad and just panicked to be honest - it's the last penalty and he's had a major brainfart trying to just get it over and done with. He took is unbelievably quickly from when the referee blew his whistle.

I can sort of see what he was trying to do, although that doesn't change that I think it's a stupid decision and he should rightly get a bollocking in the morning for it.

Mate…. He took two skip steps and passed it 2 yards to the keepers left.  

people who are shitting themselves don’t do that.  They pick a spot and leather it like tarks did.  He acted like he was paul pogba. 

wasn’t a brain fart at all. It was the decision of a player who is far too big for his boots.   He spends the games trying to get the crowd going and he does that?!  I’m absolutely dumbfounded. 

As soon as I saw he was walking up to take what could be a winning penalty I turned to the fella next to me and said "there's no way he's just going to just take a simple penalty, he's going to be clever with it and make it about him because he's flashy". He saw an opportunity to score a winning penalty at the Gwaldys Street End to put us in a cup semi-final, make a tit out of the goalkeeper and then stand and get the adulation of the crowd. He fucked it up and made himself look like a tit instead.

I would rather pretty much anyone else had stepped up to take that 5th penalty because they would have smashed it, which is exactly what he should have done. Make sure, don't showboat in that situation.

That being said, I'll not give him any abuse and I stayed at the end to clap the players and clapped him when he came over at the end too.

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

As soon as I saw he was walking up to take what could be a winning penalty I turned to the fella next to me and said "there's no way he's just going to just take a simple penalty, he's going to be clever with it and make it about him because he's flashy". He saw an opportunity to score a winning penalty at the Gwaldys Street End to put us in a cup semi-final, make a tit out of the goalkeeper and then stand and get the adulation of the crowd. He fucked it up and made himself look like a tit instead.

I would rather pretty much anyone else had stepped up to take that 5th penalty because they would have smashed it, which is exactly what he should have done. Make sure, don't showboat in that situation.

That being said, I'll not give him any abuse and I stayed at the end to clap the players and clapped him when he came over at the end too.

Better man than me.  I’m sick after that. This is a winnable cup this year  -   You could tell a lot of work went into that shootout.   He took an ego penalty.

pissed off 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Better man than me.  I’m sick after that. This is a winnable cup this year  -   You could tell a lot of work went into that shootout.   He took an ego penalty.

pissed off 

Trust me, I'm angry and I'm gutted because it really was a selfish move from him, but I'm not going to turn on him and if he's big enough to come and face the fans after he's fucked up in such a massive way then I'm going to give him the benefit of my support.

He’s a young guy who got taken away with the moment. I think that’s the luck of shoot outs. Pickford nearly got to about 3 of theirs. I can’t criticise these players at the moment. What they are doing compared to where we were is nothing short of astounding. Dyche deserves a lot of credit. Even though DCL isn’t scoring should you change a winning side. This is the best team I have seen for a long time and for me proves a little bit what Dyche can do.

The commentary sums up my thoughts last night but he’s a young lad who fucked up in a penalty shootout, won’t be the first or the last so we move on

Dyche was saying they’ve been practising pens a lot in training and he has done the same stupid hop and skip routine every time and it’s worked for him in training

24 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The commentary sums up my thoughts last night but he’s a young lad who fucked up in a penalty shootout, won’t be the first or the last so we move on

Dyche was saying they’ve been practising pens a lot in training and he has done the same stupid hop and skip routine every time and it’s worked for him in training

That was dyche backing his player…. Based on the reaction of his teammates there is no way he would be selected to take a penalty like that if that’s how he did them in training. 

Dyche wouldn’t have a player taking a penno like that imo. 

He’s been easily one of our better players this season, just a shame that his dickhead moment came when it did. Bonkers that he’s getting the stick he did. It’s a blip in a good season - test will be to see if he gets back on his bike. He will.

What annoys me more with him is that he has to roll around in agony 3 times waving his arms every match if someone does an innocuous challenge.

Two players that missed the penalty’s have been two of our most in form players recently. 
They both stood up to take penalty’s.

One obviously wasn’t confident, but stood up in any case.

The other was supremely confident and saw the lights. He is young and it will be a stark lesson for a young lad.

If they turn up this weekend and bust their balls for us, then that will be all the answer that I need.

Let’s get behind all of them as a team and roar them on! There isn’t a match I’ve wanted to win more other than the obvious shite.

I continue to be underwhelmed by him, he coasted through the game tonight and shied away from many tackles he should have won. I looked like he was playing in the knowledge he’s moving on in January. I’d take anything over 70m and invest in two players who show proper commitment rather than waving his arms up in the air at the crowd.

4 hours ago, Haiku said:

I am also underwhelmed by him. I don't see the bags of potential that some people were touting. He's an alright player, but we paid over the odds for him. Anything over 50m, and I would accept it in a heartbeat.

Unbelievably reminds me of Jack Rodwell.....  could convince you into believing that his potential is Man City levels and that when he does move he will show it......

the sticking point is that the mentality is just not there at all. Remember the old too much birkdale not enough kirkdale.   That's how I see it too.