IGNORED

Amadou Onana

Find it odd that folks are so focused on Onana.  When we first bought him we all knew he most likely would not be here long.  So no surprise there at all.  He is a decent player who has performed better than some of the people in our squad.  Holgate, Davies, Keane, Godfrey, Coady, Patto, and Myko have all had some real howlers of games.  Onana would never give the ball away with lazy passing like Gana has. Onana either makes our starting lineup or would be a great option on a bench that is lacking any talent at all.  Like at all.  The emergence of Garner is a good thing.  Folks are always way too concerned about the starting 11 when it takes a squad to compete.  We should in no way be pushing him out or piling on him.  If a good deal comes in, sure sell him on and reinvest that just good business, but it needs to be a good deal.  If none arrive, just wait until the window that they do as his value is not going to drop.  

8 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Find it odd that folks are so focused on Onana.  When we first bought him we all knew he most likely would not be here long.  So no surprise there at all.  He is a decent player who has performed better than some of the people in our squad.  Holgate, Davies, Keane, Godfrey, Coady, Patto, and Myko have all had some real howlers of games.  Onana would never give the ball away with lazy passing like Gana has. Onana either makes our starting lineup or would be a great option on a bench that is lacking any talent at all.  Like at all.  The emergence of Garner is a good thing.  Folks are always way too concerned about the starting 11 when it takes a squad to compete.  We should in no way be pushing him out or piling on him.  If a good deal comes in, sure sell him on and reinvest that just good business, but it needs to be a good deal.  If none arrive, just wait until the window that they do as his value is not going to drop.  

I don't think anyone actively wants to sell him, but if someone is going to have to go then he wouldn't be missed in the slightest.

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

if someone is going to have to go then he wouldn't be missed in the slightest.

This describes most of the squad and ya probably can count on one hand the ones that it does not. 

Get what you mean though.  With our finances we need to make money on anyone we can, when we can.  That Gordon deal was a blinder. (haha almost typed blonder, haha)

4 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

This describes most of the squad and ya probably can count on one hand the ones that it does not. 

Get what you mean though.  With our finances we need to make money on anyone we can, when we can.  That Gordon deal was a blinder. (haha almost typed blonder, haha)

I meant in terms of bringing in the big money we need. There are only really two choices there - Pickford or Onana. Pickford would be missed and Onana wouldn't.

I think he'll go on to be a fantastic player but if we have to sell then I'd be fine with it being him.

37 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Spurs :lol:. They're not even in Europe, he's not going there.

No they’re not but he would possibly see them as bigger club than us and with bigger resources to improve their position. But like I believe the decision won’t be in our hands if he stays or leaves, if what him and his agent see as the right club comes in for him then he’ll leave even if he has to put a transfer request in. I think what a lot of Everton supporters need to digest is that we are not a big draw for good players and even bang average players turn us down now. 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

No they’re not but he would possibly see them as bigger club than us and with bigger resources to improve their position. But like I believe the decision won’t be in our hands if he stays or leaves, if what him and his agent see as the right club comes in for him then he’ll leave even if he has to put a transfer request in. I think what a lot of Everton supporters need to digest is that we are not a big draw for good players and even bang average players turn us down now. 

Palfy, I think he'll go this summer but there is no chance he sees Spurs as the next move to make.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Palfy, I think he'll go this summer but there is no chance he sees Spurs as the next move to make.

No I’m sure he would prefer Arsenal or Chelsea or even Utd, but if none of them made an offer and Spurs did he and his agent would go for that even as just a stepping stone to enhance his prospects. After all Richarlison accepted Spurs rather than sign an extension to his contract, so they must have something going for them. Yet I don’t see any team looking to spend between 40-50 million on a player of Onana’s stature who needs to be a first team starter from the off, Chelsea and Spurs will be looking for players good enough to step straight into the team, Arsenal could afford to pay that without the need to play him from the off. 

Typical of our club over recent years. 
We get a player with a lot of promise and one that could have a bright future ahead of him. 

But he hasn’t became Messi in his first season so get rid of him.

He’s done ok, good on occasions. And he does look like he has the potential to be a very good player, and he is very young. For that alone I would like to keep him and give him another season and see where he goes.

For the sake of future young players…. Give him a chance. 

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Typical of our club over recent years. 
We get a player with a lot of promise and one that could have a bright future ahead of him. 

But he hasn’t became Messi in his first season so get rid of him.

He’s done ok, good on occasions. And he does look like he has the potential to be a very good player, and he is very young. For that alone I would like to keep him and give him another season and see where he goes.

For the sake of future young players…. Give him a chance. 

No one is advocating that we sell him more to the fact he will want to go if the right club comes in for him, I firmly believe stay or go that decision will be his and not ours.  

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

No one is advocating that we sell him more to the fact he will want to go if the right club comes in for him, I firmly believe stay or go that decision will be his and not ours.  

I agree with your second point mate, but for the first…. Read the thread. Some are saying we should sell if given the chance.

If he wants to go, or something is already lined up. Then whatever will be will be. But as a discussion on the player, my opinion is that he is one of the better players here and one I would like to see given another season.

Looks a confidence player to me. Given the right motivation he could become a very effective player. Gana replacement in the making for me.

23 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I agree with your second point mate, but for the first…. Read the thread. Some are saying we should sell if given the chance.

If he wants to go, or something is already lined up. Then whatever will be will be. But as a discussion on the player, my opinion is that he is one of the better players here and one I would like to see given another season.

Looks a confidence player to me. Given the right motivation he could become a very effective player. Gana replacement in the making for me.

I agree I wouldn’t want to see him forced out for the transfer fee if he was happy to stay. 

12 hours ago, Palfy said:

I'm advocating selling him if we need to bring funds in so that we can actually sign some players in this upcoming window, like we had to do in January and the previous summer. And he's a loss that we wouldn't even notice because he hasn't done much here yet.

United or Arsenal would be who I think will be the most likely to make a move for him.

17 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

In the Tunnel video he was sat down and on his phone. Possibly knackered or on the phone to his agent.

Probably on the phone to his agent saying get me out of here ASAP this isn’t football, it’s more like be entered into training camp for an extreme marathon competition😂

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, c1982 said:

I can see Arsenal coming straight in for Onana once Rice goes to Man City and hopefully Chelsea help drive up the price as Man City have with Rice.

Chelsea are going for Caicedo so Arsenal will likely just have a free run at him and, as we've seen with Rice, they seem unwilling to pay what clubs want for their players.

Edit - Arsenal are said to be close to signing Lavia, so there may not be anywhere for him to go.

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Chelsea are going for Caicedo so Arsenal will likely just have a free run at him and, as we've seen with Rice, they seem unwilling to pay what clubs want for their players.

Edit - Arsenal are said to be close to signing Lavia, so there may not be anywhere for him to go.

I think Arsenal are after Lavia and another - they’re losing Xhaka and Partey supposedly.

• 1 month later...