IGNORED

Amadou Onana

13 hours ago, Bailey said:

I dunno, we had three no 10's at one stage and they did a really good job of showing why they should have all been on the bench! 

Actually you can say the same about our centre halves... Maybe competition isn't a good thing after all! 🤣

This seems to have become the Everton way in this Moshiri period - a function of giving very average (at best) players on massive contract that they would never see anywhere else -  who then simply freewheel for 4 or 5 years.

You will never cut this out completely as every transfer has an element of risk. But it now has to become the exception rather than the norm.

• 3 weeks later...

I love Everton as much as anyone, but interest from Chelsea is hardly a come down mate. They are a regular champions league team. 
If anything it shows he is an upwards trajectory and other clubs are noticing him. 
Its quote clear to see he is one of the biggest talents at our club.

16 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I love Everton as much as anyone, but interest from Chelsea is hardly a come down mate. They are a regular champions league team. 
If anything it shows he is an upwards trajectory and other clubs are noticing him. 
Its quote clear to see he is one of the biggest talents at our club.

Bailey was saying it's a come down for Chelsea. To go from Fernandez to chasing Onana.

55 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

'Said what I said and did what I did'

Top kid. Need more like this around the place.

Well if you believe what was said (which i obviously do when I suits my agenda)….. Gordon was told in no uncertain terms by some players at what they thought of his attitude after the Southampton game.

Funny, Gordon spoke the other day that he had been hearing about Newcastle interest for some time and was keen to join. No shit Sherlock…. It was clear to some. 

Onana had the makings of a superb player, at times this season he has made daft errors, rolling on the floor and asking for a whistle that wasn’t coming. Letting his man run off him.  Dyche will be the making of him. 

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Well if you believe what was said (which i obviously do when I suits my agenda)….. Gordon was told in no uncertain terms by some players at what they thought of his attitude after the Southampton game.

Funny, Gordon spoke the other day that he had been hearing about Newcastle interest for some time and was keen to join. No shit Sherlock…. It was clear to some. 

Onana had the makings of a superb player, at times this season he has made daft errors, rolling on the floor and asking for a whistle that wasn’t coming. Letting his man run off him.  Dyche will be the making of him. 

Let's hope so. I agree that he has a lot of potential and needs a manager strong enough to help him realize it in this league.

Really respect him and his character here. Himself & Gordon - similar age, similar expectations in potential however Gordon had a lot more first team experience & premier league experience. Onana has outperformed him ten fold this season and shown more passion/loyalty than the “local lad”.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

He was alright, I suppose... :lol: 

Nah, he was superb. All over the pitch and constantly trying to get the crowd going as well.

The obvious player of the game. He was everywhere, winning balls out of nowhere, matching his height and strength with speed, demonstrating creativity and cleverness, and showing up all over the field. I really like how he moved further up the field, sometimes seeming to be a partner to DC-L. What a player he's going to become.

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

he’s gonna fly under dyche.  Dyche must be seriously disbelieving his eyes seeing a lad this young, mobile, physically dominant turn up to training. No disrespect to Burnley, they never had a player like this lad. 

He's said that he's going to get Defour to speak to him and teach him.

23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's said that he's going to get Defour to speak to him and teach him.

And show him the dirty side of the game. 

I can’t be this optimistic about Everton after just one game, but if he can get some more nasty into him and some more quality on the ball, well, he’ll probably leave, but I’ll enjoy it until then. 

Unbelievable performance today!