IGNORED

Amadou Onana

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

😂 I don’t know how he could help players around him develop, he has no voice and give's no instructions on the pitch, he doesn’t no how to mark a space and his movement of following the ball from one side of the pitch to the other and leaving team mates over loaded because he has left a man and a big space to travel 30 yards across the pitch when not required to do so is legendary. Davies grew up with him in the team and played along side him as youngster and impressionable young man, has his career flourished from the experience of Gona walking him through the game, can someone tell me anyone that has become a better player for having the benefit of Gona as their role model. 

Gana gives us some people on this forum an outlet to vent 😂

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Please explain how Gona would walk anyone through a game, and give examples of where you have seen him do this in the past that’s  led you to believing he can do that. 

For the same reason he was given the captains armband at PSG and was seen as a good mentor for younger players. In Marquinhos absence he was captain for one of the best sides in Europe.

I’ve watched him a few times for PSG, outstanding player and yes he is vocal. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

😂 I don’t know how he could help players around him develop, he has no voice and give's no instructions on the pitch, he doesn’t no how to mark a space and his movement of following the ball from one side of the pitch to the other and leaving team mates over loaded because he has left a man and a big space to travel 30 yards across the pitch when not required to do so is legendary. Davies grew up with him in the team and played along side him as youngster and impressionable young man, has his career flourished from the experience of Gona walking him through the game, can someone tell me anyone that has become a better player for having the benefit of Gona as their role model. 

I love it when you talk absolute bollocks. 😂

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

For the same reason he was given the captains armband at PSG and was seen as a good mentor for younger players. In Marquinhos absence he was captain for one of the best sides in Europe.

Are you sure?

I have only seen this quoted for pre-season where he talked about passing his experience onto the young players.

https://sportsnewssky.com/gueyes-role-as-the-captain-of-psg-is-very-happy/

Given the talent in the squad I would find that a bit of a surprise, especially where he doesn't play 90 minutes very often.

He was never that vocal here, albeit he had a lot of other vocal players around him. I can't see that being the same with PSG either though.

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

He was never vocal here never gestured to players, if you have evidence to post of him organising the players round him here and at PSG then I would be happy to see them and be proved wrong, I may be blinkered due to fact I don’t rate him, so to see the evidence would be good I’ve tried looking but haven’t seen any footage of his organisational skills and interactions with others. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Are you sure?

I have only seen this quoted for pre-season where he talked about passing his experience onto the young players.

https://sportsnewssky.com/gueyes-role-as-the-captain-of-psg-is-very-happy/

Given the talent in the squad I would find that a bit of a surprise, especially where he doesn't play 90 minutes very often.

He was never that vocal here, albeit he had a lot of other vocal players around him. I can't see that being the same with PSG either though.

Yep He was given captaincy in marquinhos absence.  

I’ve absolutely seen him vocal, tore Holgate a new one on several occasions for poor play. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I’ve absolutely seen him vocal, tore Holgate a new one on several occasions for poor play. 

He was given the captaincy for 3 friendly games LAST year. I don't think that translated into the league. The vice captain for the league was someone else (not sure if it was Sergio Ramos or Veratti)

So factually yes he captained PSG though I don't think You can read too much into that IMO.

2 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

He was given the captaincy for 3 friendly games LAST year. I don't think that translated into the league. The vice captain for the league was someone else (not sure if it was Sergio Ramos or Veratti)

So factually yes he captained PSG though I don't think You can read too much into that IMO.

I’ll read into it as much as there are many viable captain options in that squad and he is selected. Simple as that. 

34 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

It didn’t and only happened because of the World Cup and their better players were given more time off to recover as they progressed further in the competition. 

33 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I’ll read into it as much as there are many viable captain options in that squad and he is selected. Simple as that. 

did you even check which players were selected in the squad for those games? There weren't "many viable options"

Barely any first team played, including the bench. Gana himself was subbed early doors (as is the case with most players in friendlies)

him being selected as captain was not a ringing endorsement of his leadership capabilities either that or he did such a bad job they didn't let him near the armband again (I don't think the latter)

i like him as a player and hope we sign him but you giving him props over being named as captain for 3 friendlies is questionable.

4 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

did you even check which players were selected in the squad for those games? There weren't "many viable options"

Barely any first team played, including the bench. Gana himself was subbed early doors (as is the case with most players in friendlies)

him being selected as captain was not a ringing endorsement of his leadership capabilities either that or he did such a bad job they didn't let him near the armband again (I don't think the latter)

i like him as a player and hope we sign him but you giving him props over being named as captain for 3 friendlies is questionable.

I captained my company team for the second half at Goodison Park a few years ago.

DO NOT TELL ME IT WASNT BECAUSE IM A LEADER!!!

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Personally, I don't think that makes them a leader. 

I don't recall him guiding someone around the pitch in the way McCarthy or Barry would have. I can only go off his time at Everton but he doesn't strike me as that type of character.

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Personally, I don't think that makes them a leader. 

I don't recall him guiding someone around the pitch in the way McCarthy or Barry would have. I can only go off his time at Everton but he doesn't strike me as that type of character.

You would not know. I played left back one game and one of the quietest lads verbally on the team walked me through the game as a right sided player on the left. No shouting, just talking through.  Gareth Barry wasn’t a loud player, you wouldnt look at him and think he’s doing a Roy Keane, but he was quietly effective.

you can get visual players who give it the blood and thunder, doesn’t mean they are communicating. “Come on lads!”  All that stuff, means nowt.

gana has played number 6 to a high level, has the respect of his teammates, is experienced and anyone who can make Andre Gomes look half decent can work wonders with Onana. 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

You would not know. I played left back one game and one of the quietest lads verbally on the team walked me through the game as a right sided player on the left. No shouting, just talking through.  Gareth Barry wasn’t a loud player, you wouldnt look at him and think he’s doing a Roy Keane, but he was quietly effective.

you can get visual players who give it the blood and thunder, doesn’t mean they are communicating. “Come on lads!”  All that stuff, means nowt.

gana has played number 6 to a high level, has the respect of his teammates, is experienced and anyone who can make Andre Gomes look half decent can work wonders with Onana. 

I disagree but each to their own. Maybe he has matured at PSG playing with such quality players.

18 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Started with the “no one will want him as he’s shit”. Then the egg on face hit really hard as PSG brought him.

Then the “ he’ll never play though” again egg hit even harder.

What can we slate him for now? Let’s go for he’s not a leader 😳 

When you are you guys going to learn? Quit while your behind!

Don’t forget we got him for his religion saying he can’t wear rainbows too!!