IGNORED

Amadou Onana

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

Massive for us today, absolutely a beast at both ends of the pitch.

Loved his interaction with the fans, slapping the badge and pointing to the ground saying he was staying here.

If he plays for us with this heart like Richi did then if he leaves in the future he will go as a Goodison hero.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's said that he's going to get Defour to speak to him and teach him.

Sound, the lad was captain of Liège at 19 and skippered them to title, SAF rated him big time till his injury and wanted him, We were linked with him and got felli. 

played in the prem when he was past his best and was a smart player. He was patched up but still Burnley’s best player by a mile.

Buzzing for him, only 21. At that age, I was dropping pills and speed. What were you upto?! Sometimes it has been too easy to forget this kid has moved to another country, settled into a new league AND played for Everton during a nightmare period. I think the critics have been too harsh too soon. BUT he can become an icon, he has that presence and attitude. Hopefully we keep pace with his development.

13 hours ago, Shukes said:

It was almost like he was allowed to express himself yesterday. That burst of pace and run down the line came from nowhere! Didn’t realise he had that acceleration. Then he showed technical ability with a little pirouette. 
This lad is Infectious.

He glided while others sprints, it’s seriously impressive watching him move at such ease yet so fast. Sort of player that can single handily dominate a midfield.

25 minutes ago, Hoof_It_Nev said:

The way he glides around Odegaard at 2 minutes is brilliant, he stands no chance of catching him up. It's like when you see Bolt running, it almost looks effortless and that he has another gear left. Hope we can keep him fit 🤞

Frankly, he hardly put a foot wrong for the entire game. It was a brilliant performance from him.

22 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Thelwell (and Lampard) deserve some credit for bringing this lad in. He is already looking a bargain, great both on and off the pitch.

I think you should have mentioned Martinez in that as well, he by all accounts helped steer the lad in our direction, by telling Lampard all about his abilities, then telling Onana what a great club we are and that it would be a good move him. 
And all this after he was shit on by Moshiri, just proves once you have been touched by Everton the love for the club remains with you forever. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

So uh.........besides his physicality and work rate......what does he offer? Thought his passing was poor and the two shots he had were atrocious

I agree with all of this but the thing that most annoyed me with him tonight was how passive he was. On three occasions he received the ball and had an open field for him to run into, and instead he moved slowly forward with it for a couple of paces and then passed it off.

FFS, he's a gangly bastard and if he went forward with any sort of intent he'd be away from the opposition players before they even knew what was happening.

24 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I agree with all of this but the thing that most annoyed me with him tonight was how passive he was. On three occasions he received the ball and had an open field for him to run into, and instead he moved slowly forward with it for a couple of paces and then passed it off.

FFS, he's a gangly bastard and if he went forward with any sort of intent he'd be away from the opposition players before they even knew what was happening.

Wonder if he's been given instructions from Dyche that run counter to him making those drives forward? Remember seeing those types of impressive bursts forward at the beginning of the season.

Though his tackle did set up Gana for a great opportunity. 
I think he is instructed to sit and protect if I’m honest. A young lad who needs that little something to give him a spark. 

His shots were tame, but at least he managed to get a couple of shots in and on target. Steps.

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:
6 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I agree with all of this but the thing that most annoyed me with him tonight was how passive he was

Me too, he backed out of a couple of tackles that he could and should have won, late in the game when we were attacking on the left side in particular. Hopefully it is the managers instructions he’s playing to, but he’s got more in his locker than we’re are seeing.

15 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Me too, he backed out of a couple of tackles that he could and should have won, late in the game when we were attacking on the left side in particular. Hopefully it is the managers instructions he’s playing to, but he’s got more in his locker than we’re are seeing.

Too lazy for me gets caught too often only time I seen him put real effort in was when we went down to 10 men. 
he thinks he’s better than he is it annoys me when he starts trying to get the fans up and he’s ponsing around midfield 

22 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Wonder if he's been given instructions from Dyche that run counter to him making those drives forward? Remember seeing those types of impressive bursts forward at the beginning of the season.

I think with how high Doucoure has been pushing I wouldn’t be surprised if he is shackled a bit.

I would like to see him go in to Doucoure’s role with Garner coming in to move quickly forward.

13 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

I sometimes feel like I’m watching different players than everyone else… the kid is 21 and is already winning midfield battles consistently in his first season in the league… does he have areas of weakness? Of course! But at his age he’s already fighting this relegation battle with everything he has and frequently overwhelms more established players with his size and athleticism. Maybe you can say he has too high an opinion of himself but to me he’s been massive for us.

Agreed. In a normal trajectory he would be getting 40 minutes or so and being mentored, he has to learn on the job.  I’m concerned at the number of fans starting to pick at him.

he will be an outstanding player without question, he’s a year older than Lewis Warrington who is out on loan. 

looking forward to seeing James garner come in.