IGNORED

Amadou Onana

Unfortunately for us we are not in a position to build around any single player. 

Its a double edges sword - we want Onana to be an amazing player, if he becomes an amazing player then he will want to go to an amazing team and good teams will want him. We are some way off being a good team.  

Best we can do is build around a type of player/players - at least in the short term. 

Onana would be silly to move to a team where he ends up on the bench or as a squad player. He is not ready to walk in to a team who's asperation are a league title or top four at the very least.

He is far better off staying with us for a season or two and getting regular football in order to develop in to an elite player. I also think you have to try hold on to players for at least 2 or 3 season. 12 months is too short a time to be moving players on. 

Bottom line is unless we have a target lined up who we *know* wants to play for us selling him would be madness unless it’s a crazy fee, 70m rather than 60m in my opinion.

Say what you will about him but he’s already a very good ball winner both on the ground and in the air, he’s a better passer than he gets credit for, and he has a great head on his shoulders for any player let alone one of his age.

I think he’s more important to us this season than most and his potential is obviously massive.

6 hours ago, Shukes said:

Your just making up names now.

Shola Shoretire!!!!  
I suppose you want us to go in for Dangerous Dave from Dundee, or Mad Mick of Motherwell! 
What about Mickey Flattop.

Mark my words: These two guys are top prospects and will be household names before too long. Joke at your peril!

(It is a rather spectacular name, though, I confess.)

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

He coasts too much for me and plays like he’s in an international match.  It’s the premier league and he has all the attributes to be a top midfielder like viera, big powerful, long legs, box to box. 

Agree with both the positive and negative evaluation here.  His physical talents are significantly underused because he coasts, indicating that he lacks the key psychological attribute of relentless effort.

Perhaps he’ll grow into a fierce player as, and if, his mentality matures and catches up to his physicality.