IGNORED

Amadou Onana

Onana should be sold for the money that's been touted IMO, he's replaceable for less. I struggle with his application and think he's hyped. 

Branthwaite on the other hand needs to be kept - far more reliable, consistent, will be one of the best centre halves in the world in no time. 

39 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Onana should be sold for the money that's been touted IMO, he's replaceable for less. I struggle with his application and think he's hyped. 

Branthwaite on the other hand needs to be kept - far more reliable, consistent, will be one of the best centre halves in the world in no time. 

I disagree, but I'd be ok selling in the Summer for the right sum but I think selling this window would be insane. He is an absolutely critical player for us currently and I can't see us finding a replacement.

2 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

I disagree, but I'd be ok selling in the Summer for the right sum but I think selling this window would be insane. He is an absolutely critical player for us currently and I can't see us finding a replacement.

I don't think he will go this window.   I think if we do sell then it will be for an amount that will hopefully have seen us buy players we have done thorough homework on. 

He will go in the Summer, Onana will want to go to a top club, and most top clubs don't buy players in the January window.

We are light on midfield options and he has played well for us so have no real interest in selling now.

So he will be here until the summer at least.

In all honesty, I simply do not care either way. If he stays for a few years then great and if he leaves (I can only see it being in the summer myself) then I'm fine with that too.

Basically, I'm not desperate for him to go but I'm not desperate for him to stay either.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

In all honesty, I simply do not care either way. If he stays for a few years then great and if he leaves (I can only see it being in the summer myself) then I'm fine with that too.

Basically, I'm not desperate for him to go but I'm not desperate for him to stay either.

Same. I'd like him to be more consistent but I'm kinda indifferent. No disrespect to the lad, he comes across really well. Just not convinced we can carry the lack of consistency at the moment so if a decent offer comes in, then OK. But if it doesn't, also OK. 

I would sell for between 40-50 million, I don’t think he’s a bad player but he will never reach his potential whilst playing for us in a Dyche team they don’t suit each others style, so let’s sell whilst others believe they can get out of him what we can’t. 

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I would sell for between 40-50 million, I don’t think he’s a bad player but he will never reach his potential whilst playing for us in a Dyche team they don’t suit each others style, so let’s sell whilst others believe they can get out of him what we can’t. 

With Lille having a 20% sell-on clause that doesn't make sense for us. It wouldn't help us much with FFP at all.

34 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

With Lille having a 20% sell-on clause that doesn't make sense for us. It wouldn't help us much with FFP at all.

Your right smart arse😂 forgot about Lille’s 20% stick another 10-20 million on, I think we’ve only got till the end of January if we want to use money from players sales to have any effect on last year’s accounts. 

39 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Agreed... We would likely insert another sell on clause but given his age and the quality of side we'd be selling to I wouldn't expect any of that to come to us anytime soon. The fee needs to be 60m imo. That said, I also think I'm higher on him than most here so maybe 50-60 is more realistic.

I assume it will only be 20% sell on for profit we make and not the whole fee. 

We are already short in midfield, so can't see him sold in January unless a replacement brought in or if stupid money was bid. contract wise, we are not going to be strong armed.

for me he was always purchased as a means to hopefully generate a good profit, so you don't build around a player like this, when he goes it's about maximising the fee. destined only to be a 2-3 season player.

We’re near the bottom of the league with the possibility of more sanctions/punishment. 
We would be absolutely crazy to sell him in January. It would be a disastrous decision. 

He is one of our most influential players and our midfield would be lightweight and impotent without him. It’s not that he is an attacking player…. But he is that player that can link with those in front of him.

20 minutes ago, Shukes said:

We’re near the bottom of the league with the possibility of more sanctions/punishment. 
We would be absolutely crazy to sell him in January. It would be a disastrous decision. 

He is one of our most influential players and our midfield would be lightweight and impotent without him. It’s not that he is an attacking player…. But he is that player that can link with those in front of him.

Echo this - unless this sale is what saves us from further sanctions (ludicrous that we are even talking about being punished twice in one season). If not we need to seriously start to build a team around these players otherwise we sell Onana & then following season we probably sell Branthwaite & continue to make no progress.

4 minutes ago, Btay said:

Echo this - unless this sale is what saves us from further sanctions (ludicrous that we are even talking about being punished twice in one season). If not we need to seriously start to build a team around these players otherwise we sell Onana & then following season we probably sell Branthwaite & continue to make no progress.

Unfortunately selling both is inevitable, it’s just a matter of when

Due to Champions League, FFP and the disparity in refereeing this is the modern day Premier League, the Sky 6 will get richer and richer and everyone one else is just making up the numbers and becoming feeder clubs for them

35 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Unfortunately selling both is inevitable, it’s just a matter of when

Due to Champions League, FFP and the disparity in refereeing this is the modern day Premier League, the Sky 6 will get richer and richer and everyone one else is just making up the numbers and becoming feeder clubs for them

Who are the big 6 though these days? Aston Villa? West Ham? Brighton? Newcastle? (Granted their take over has helped them)

Aston Villa were below us when Emery took over, there is no physical barrier stopping us from having that success on the pitch. The stuff with FFP will sort itself out but we need to be in a position to move forward when it does.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Who are the big 6 though these days? Aston Villa? West Ham? Brighton? Newcastle? (Granted their take over has helped them)

Aston Villa were below us when Emery took over, there is no physical barrier stopping us from having that success on the pitch. The stuff with FFP will sort itself out but we need to be in a position to move forward when it does.

Big 6 isn't based on the league standings dude, it's the money. Kopites, United, City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea are the Sky "super"6

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Big 6 isn't based on the league standings dude, it's the money. Kopites, United, City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea are the Sky "super"6

Agree, Villa and Newcastle are on a bit of the crest of a wave at this moment in time - FFP will catch up unless you get CL football regular or commercial section of the club goes in to overdrive. It all caught up with Leicester City. Chelsea should be looking over their shoulder they way they have spent and whilst football results wise have only been a middle of the table club this couple of seasons - not sustainable.

'Top 6' is a tough nut to crack over a consistent 4-5year period. 

12 hours ago, Btay said:

None of the above!

As per Matt’s reply I was referring g to the Sky cartel. 
Newcastle  are already getting their wings clipped so that they get back in their lane 

If an oil state backed club can’t compete financially there is no hope for the rest of us. This is precisely what FFP is designed for, it’s the Sky 6 pulling up the drawbridge behind themselves
The same will happen to Villa as it did with Leicester 

In the 80s we were part of the big 5 along with Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United, and Spurs. 
Then we had the best team in the mid 80s and our winning of the league unfortunately coincided with English clubs being banned from European football, and that great team never got to show their true potential and it cost the club hugely in monetary terms which we struggled to recover from. In Moyes era he managed to restore our big club presence albeit a bridesmaid position we were not in the big 5-6 but we were fondly called the best of the rest, then Moshiri turns up and over half a billion spent on players he took us to a bottom 5 team in about 4 years or so. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/12/2023 at 22:15, Hafnia said:

Tonight he demonstrated an arrogance and a complete lack of respect for the team, fans and shirt.

People miss penalties, gana missed his but at least he fuckin hit it!  - who the fuck takes a penalty like that to win the game?!  Leno was reading the shots  - so why roll it???!!!!

sorry but he’s absolutely killed the crowd tonight.  It wasn’t the miss, it was the complete and utter ego on him. 

Just to point out - we haven't won a game since Onana took that penalty.

I said at the time it completely took the wind out of our sails. Penalties get missed, this was something Weiss and it looked like it broke a galvanised team.