IGNORED

Amadou Onana

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Something is creeping into this club that is so depraved I question if I still want to be a part of it. 

I agree mate, I’m embarrassed right now to say I’m an Everton fan & its not because of our results.

This sort of shit is so damaging to the club & any message we had as fans against the board’s wrong doings is now greatly depreciated from these people.

Unfortunatley this is simply a reflection of the world and society we now find ourselves living in. People now feel that its their right to share their warped sence of opinion to the wider world and this in turn simply fuel others to get on board with equally tasteless opinions in a beleive that their opinions and behaviour its somehow justifabley acceptable.

We notice this kind of behaviour in our own club, but it's far more widespread than just with us. We just happen to be currently in a period in the clubs history than brings out the anger, frustration and hatred.

Taking this behaviour to the extreme, we watched US Capitol building ramsacked 18months ago by a baying mob, and in the last 5-6 years we have seen two MP's murdered while taking surrgeries in the constituencies.   

Anysort of fame has never appeald to me, but this day and age it would frighten the life out of me. Especially if you work in any sort of feild where people think you 'owe' them something. 

I don’t know what to say. I can’t even stick up for us as a club at the moment. It seems every way I turn I see something else our fans have done. 

We used to be the loved under dogs. Now we are hated by every clubs fans. 

I only hope it comes out that other fans are faking things to try to ruin us. Because if this is a snapshot of our fans… then it’s shameful.

Was gonna say, the easy way the majority of the fans show the true Everton is with supportive banners.

Whoever comes up with these banners...

'We don't tolerate racism'

Whatever needs to be done. It's an emotional game, we're massively frustrated as a fan base...judge the players on their performances, fair enough. We have to draw the line though.

On 21/08/2023 at 13:43, StevO said:

We have dickhead fans, like every club, but the way some of them think it’s ok to act is beyond me. 
The only saving grace is that this is a handful out of hundreds of thousands. Unfortunately the stupid things they do gets them attention. 

We could do with the all together now campaign jumping on this too, as a strong collective, to condemn it. 

Somewhere there is a huge banner with Moise Kean’s face on with “no to racism” on it. I’d like to see that at Goodison at the weekend. The face on the banner doesn’t matter, but the message does. 

Good shout... let's have them put their collective voice behind something overwhelmingly positive. 

Is Onana playing badly, or are our players too static?

Rewatching the match it looks like Onana try’s to spray a good few passes forward, but the rest of our team are always flat footed and failing to find the space. 

Is this Onana’s fault or the receiving players fault?

43 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Rewatching the match it looks like Onana try’s to spray a good few passes forward, but the rest of our team are always flat footed and failing to find the space. 

Never noticed but if that is happening you can’t blame Onana, usually if no one makes a run or an angle for a pass the player with the ball gets either caught in possession, gives it away or turns to play it backwards. Good movement is so important. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

He was much better against Wolves but still very inconsistent. He's either fantastic or absent, doesn't seem to have a middle ground.

14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I sometimes look at Onana and think that he would be so much better in a better team. Some of the things he can do with the ball are on a different level to the players on our team and he can make the game look so easy. 

A think a lot gets missed as we have poor players around him. We need more players on his wavelength. I thought the same watching Chermititi. He looked like he has the promise to become an excellent player. But again we need players around him that can handle the ball. 
I watch our players and feel they are rooted to the spot at times.

If there is a time when we can have a ball player in front of him, instead of Doucoure, I think we’ll see more from him. Maybe when we’ve got some wingers in the team too. Four players who can run ahead of him will give plenty of options. 

Id like to see him and Garner in the middle against Doncaster. Just to see what they can do in there. 

11 hours ago, StevO said:

If there is a time when we can have a ball player in front of him, instead of Doucoure, I think we’ll see more from him. Maybe when we’ve got some wingers in the team too. Four players who can run ahead of him will give plenty of options. 

Id like to see him and Garner in the middle against Doncaster. Just to see what they can do in there. 

Sell Iwobi and get someone who is properly creative and can chip in with some goals.

It won't happen but I can dream.

20 hours ago, StevO said:

I think both players would bring the best out of eachother. I think Garner needs that physical presence next to him, and Onana will be better for having another player alongside him with a good footballing brain.

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think both players would bring the best out of eachother. I think Garner needs that physical presence next to him, and Onana will be better for having another player alongside him with a good footballing brain.

They should be the central pairing going forward, games like Doncaster is a good test.