IGNORED

Amadou Onana

Apparently he was benched today because he'd been late to training.

If that's true then he's gone up in my estimation with his performance today. Once he'd had to be called upon to replace Gueye you would never have known there was issue between player and manager. There was no sulking on his part or anything like that, he just got on with his job and bossed it out there. He was everywhere on that pitch today and a lot of Bournemouth attacks were snuffed out before they get could underway.

What he showed today is what I've known he's capable of and is why I've found him so frustrating.

48 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If that's true then he's gone up in my estimation with his performance today. Once he'd had to be called upon to replace Gueye you would never have known there was issue between player and manager. There was no sulking on his part or anything like that, he just got on with his job and bossed it out there. He was everywhere on that pitch today and a lot of Bournemouth attacks were snuffed out before they get could underway.

What he showed today is what I've known he's capable of and is why I've found him so frustrating.

Got telescopic legs.  Lovely weight of pass.  Just needs to improve shooting and command game more

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Said to a mate before the game he would have a big game - seems like the type needs that needs a fire lit under him but he absolutely crushed it today.

We’re going to need him to be at his very best for the derby.

Amadou Onana on his future: “For the moment, I remain 100% focused on my performance on the pitch. This is what will determine my future and that of the club.”

Amadou Onana: “But I must admit that this change in atmosphere and finding a team with high quality players changes the mood. Mentally, it does me a lot of good."

Amadou Onana: “I’m not going to say international duty is my main source of motivation because I take very seriously the task that I have with Everton, namely, to help the club to survive.”

There’s something about Belgians and international breaks with us!

34 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Amadou Onana on his future: “For the moment, I remain 100% focused on my performance on the pitch. This is what will determine my future and that of the club.”

Amadou Onana: “But I must admit that this change in atmosphere and finding a team with high quality players changes the mood. Mentally, it does me a lot of good."

Amadou Onana: “I’m not going to say international duty is my main source of motivation because I take very seriously the task that I have with Everton, namely, to help the club to survive.”

There’s something about Belgians and international breaks with us!

I'm shocked! Quick, let's sack the manager so we can get back to turmoil!

6 hours ago, Matt said:

I'm shocked! Quick, let's sack the manager so we can get back to turmoil!

Matt.  What’s with the constant hysteria that people are questioning the manager? You seem to be incredulous that a few of us have big concerns with him tactically.

its the Onana thread and you are passive aggressively bringing your number 1 snipe topic into this too?  Aren’t you the one who usually gets irritated when people change topics in other threads? 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Matt.  What’s with the constant hysteria that people are questioning the manager? You seem to be incredulous that a few of us have big concerns with him tactically.

its the Onana thread and you are passive aggressively bringing your number 1 snipe topic into this too?  Aren’t you the one who usually gets irritated when people change topics in other threads? 

What hysteria? Smug sarcasm to counter the actual hysteria about a team selection you mean?

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

What hysteria? Smug sarcasm to counter the actual hysteria about a team selection you mean?

I think the hysteria was about our relegation form and losing points on games that we shouldn’t be which pointed to the shitty selections.  I mean its probably best get the hysteria in now rather than march when we are looking at games where we could get enough points to secure survival.   I mean, maybe if we address these concerns early it will save us doing firework displays and coach send offs. 

apologies if our last 2 seasons have left a bit of scar tissue, but in the nature of the job that I do, forecasting involves probability.  If you don’t get points in your home games vs winnable sides - you need to look a bit further than using Xg as a security blanket. 

I know you like to say that we have 90 points left to play for.  But that’s just fookin nonsense. 

you seem smugly assured cos of a few results and an increased xg that we are ok.   Sorry mate, load of bollocks.   Despite this league being the shittest in recent memory - the eventual injuries and suspensions will arrive…. Then the “we were unlucky” games will appear far more costly than what you see them as right now.  You can get 3/1 on us being relegated right now.  The bookies see it as between us and Burnley who are the 2 likeliest to swap with the 3 relegation favourites 

how on earth are you smug? What have you been proven right about?! You must be completely oblivious to the questionable time it takes for the manager to address bad decisions he makes.

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I think the hysteria was about our relegation form and losing points on games that we shouldn’t be which pointed to the shitty selections.  I mean its probably best get the hysteria in now rather than march when we are looking at games where we could get enough points to secure survival.   I mean, maybe if we address these concerns early it will save us doing firework displays and coach send offs. 

apologies if our last 2 seasons have left a bit of scar tissue, but in the nature of the job that I do, forecasting involves probability.  If you don’t get points in your home games vs winnable sides - you need to look a bit further than using Xg as a security blanket. 

I know you like to say that we have 90 points left to play for.  But that’s just fookin nonsense. 

you seem smugly assured cos of a few results and an increased xg that we are ok.   Sorry mate, load of bollocks.   Despite this league being the shittest in recent memory - the eventual injuries and suspensions will arrive…. Then the “we were unlucky” games will appear far more costly than what you see them as right now.  You can get 3/1 on us being relegated right now.  The bookies see it as between us and Burnley who are the 2 likeliest to swap with the 3 relegation favourites 

Relegation form? We're 14th in the form table, 16th in reality which shows things are getting better, not worse.

Maths is hard. 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Relegation form? We're 14th in the form table, 16th in reality which shows things are getting better, not worse.

Maths is hard. 

Do you think beating Bournemouth and a depleted Brentford whilst losing to Luton is ok? 

you seem to be agitating to wind up fans who expect better from the squad we have.  Your constant pissy, sarcastic smugness is no different to the likes of the fans who arrogantly dismissed concerns over the board going back a while now. 

I mean if it’s trolling that you want to do then fine, troll away. I expect better from you.  

but as a moderator… I would think that you may look to move these comments to the dyche thread and maybe grow up a bit. 

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Do you think beating Bournemouth and a depleted Brentford whilst losing to Luton is ok? 

you seem to be agitating to wind up fans who expect better from the squad we have.  Your constant pissy, sarcastic smugness is no different to the likes of the fans who arrogantly dismissed concerns over the board going back a while now. 

I mean if it’s trolling that you want to do then fine, troll away. I expect better from you.  

but as a moderator… I would think that you may look to move these comments to the dyche thread and maybe grow up a bit. 

No, and I've not said once that it was. But instead of dwelling on mistakes, because they do frustrate the life out of me, I focus on the future because its looking bright after 2 years and Im fed up of the churn and my mental state can't handle another negativity especially when it's not there. 

I'm not trolling. I'm making light of things that will be detrimental long term in the same vein as theyre presented. I expect better from you in recognising that.

Can't wait until I can start writing 4 of 5 :)

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

No, and I've not said once that it was. But instead of dwelling on mistakes, because they do frustrate the life out of me, I focus on the future because its looking bright after 2 years and Im fed up of the churn and my mental state can't handle another negativity especially when it's not there. 

I'm not trolling. I'm making light of things that will be detrimental long term in the same vein as theyre presented. I expect better from you in recognising that.

Can't wait until I can start writing 4 of 5 :)

So you expect people to respect your need for calm and positivity and as a means of trying to establish this you goad reactions to posters who have genuine concerns - backed up with tangible reasons?  Bit hypocritical no?

I’m not all anti dyche.  I don’t like his pompous press conferences where he gets agitated and defensive, I think he’s slow to react and overly pragmatic and refuses to play players in their best positions in favour of a supposed safer/stronger option. 

having said that I like the fact that he dealt with Gray the way he clearly neeeded to be. I like the fact that he seems to have Onana by the plums. This is what we need from an Everton manager, but he will only get away with that if he isn’t blotting his copy book with stupid tactics and selections.

I will back a manager to the point that he starts making mistakes that will make players lose faith in him. It happened with Martinez and silva, both couldn’t change and it cost them. 

Just now, Hafnia said:

So you expect people to respect your need for calm and positivity and as a means of trying to establish this you goad reactions to posters who have genuine concerns - backed up with tangible reasons?  Bit hypocritical no?

I’m not all anti dyche.  I don’t like his pompous press conferences where he gets agitated and defensive, I think he’s slow to react and overly pragmatic and refuses to play players in their best positions in favour of a supposed safer/stronger option. 

having said that I like the fact that he dealt with Gray the way he clearly neeeded to be. I like the fact that he seems to have Onana by the plums. This is what we need from an Everton manager, but he will only get away with that if he isn’t blotting his copy book with stupid tactics and selections.

Where did i ask anyone to respect my calm? :rofl:

Stop posting incorrect statements and I won't have anything to react to, that easy really. Relegation form? Not there. Asking people to respect my calm? Never did. Hysterical replies? Light hearted sarcasm and an enjoyable smugness because things are improving. Long may they continue to do so.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Where did i ask anyone to respect my calm? :rofl:

Stop posting incorrect statements and I won't have anything to react to, that easy really. Relegation form? Not there. Asking people to respect my calm? Never did. Hysterical replies? Light hearted sarcasm and an enjoyable smugness because things are improving. Long may they continue to do so.

Sorry do we need to actually quite the exact words now? Have i misgauged your message?   Apologies the fact that you were expecting better from me.

maybe we need a thread for you to get you sarcasm/smugness in one place, cos you seem to have planted your dyche smug post in the Onana thread now, …. Id call the urge to do that a little uncontrollable, extreme….. maybe even hysterical. 

58 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Sorry do we need to actually quite the exact words now? Have i misgauged your message?   Apologies the fact that you were expecting better from me.

maybe we need a thread for you to get you sarcasm/smugness in one place, cos you seem to have planted your dyche smug post in the Onana thread now, …. Id call the urge to do that a little uncontrollable, extreme….. maybe even hysterical. 

No, just accurate ones. 

Oh no, my responses are quite considered thanks. And as for criticising someone about posting their campaign all over the place, just wow :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

First half, in particular, he was fucking fantastic. Winning the ball, looking after the ball and driving forward with it.

If he'd kept that up for the full game he'd have been my MOTM. He wasn't terrible or anything in the second half though, he was very solid.

Felt he was doing it all on his own. When he gets in that mood, where he takes control of the midfield he is a quality, quality player. Needs more movement around him once he drives through & breaks the line though.