IGNORED

Beto

22 hours ago, Palfy said:

Your an Everton member go on the app and see for yourself, it’s got every game that we’ve played this season, it gives you all the stats you need, from shots, shots on target ect, it also gives you the same stats for the opposition. 

Go and see the stats? No! Go and watch us play! You don’t need a spreadsheet to understand football, just a pair of eyes. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

Go and see the stats? No! Go and watch us play! You don’t need a spreadsheet to understand football, just a pair of eyes. 

Stats are my livelihood - theoretically I should say they mean everything. They don't - it's how they are used that's key.

People use certain stats in isolation to suit their aganda. 

perfect one would be pienaaar, didn't score much didn't assist much (1 in 10, assist every 5). Yet When he didn't play we didn't win as much... the reason was ball retention, we retained the ball far better when he played which meant the opponents had less opportunity to score and he would often feed the person who made the assist. 

Pienaar scored far higher on the eye test than the stats test.   You just need the stats to work out why he was so valuable aside the most used ones. 

We don't need the xg to tell us we're playing well cos we aren't really, the xg isn't telling us why we aren't scoring - my eyes tell me that our players don't strike a ball properly. My eyes tell me that in training videos it appears that the keepers let shots go in to give players confidence. 

21 minutes ago, StevO said:

Steve I’ve watched nearly every game this season, and I referred to the stats because they back up what I have been saying, yesterday was another fine example, or did you go with your eye mask on again 😄

49 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Stats are my livelihood - theoretically I should say they mean everything. They don't - it's how they are used that's key.

People use certain stats in isolation to suit their aganda. 

perfect one would be pienaaar, didn't score much didn't assist much (1 in 10, assist every 5). Yet When he didn't play we didn't win as much... the reason was ball retention, we retained the ball far better when he played which meant the opponents had less opportunity to score and he would often feed the person who made the assist. 

Pienaar scored far higher on the eye test than the stats test.   You just need the stats to work out why he was so valuable aside the most used ones. 

We don't need the xg to tell us we're playing well cos we aren't really, the xg isn't telling us why we aren't scoring - my eyes tell me that our players don't strike a ball properly. My eyes tell me that in training videos it appears that the keepers let shots go in to give players confidence. 

I was thinking of Pienaar and the second assist stat

40 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Steve I’ve watched nearly every game this season, and I referred to the stats because they back up what I have been saying, yesterday was another fine example, or did you go with your eye mask on again 😄

Yesterday we missed two good chances in my opinion. The penalty and the McNeil chance. Other than that we created a bunch of half chances. I don’t need to see Xg to think we should have won the game, but I don’t need stats to know that we create fuck all. If we don’t have Tarkys cross field pass, we don’t have anything. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Yesterday we missed two good chances in my opinion. The penalty and the McNeil chance. Other than that we created a bunch of half chances. I don’t need to see Xg to think we should have won the game, but I don’t need stats to know that we create fuck all. If we don’t have Tarkys cross field pass, we don’t have anything. 

I did think that.... corner section of pitch - he loves a diagonal pass as much as shaggin 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Pienaar. What a player! 

oh to have him

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

The argument for keeping Simms increases by the day, missed an open goal in first half, then scores 2 and assists the winner today in FA cup. 
Come on Beto prove the doubters wrong….. pleeeeeease !

Simms wanted to leave and we were happy to get the money in the bank for FFP.

There is no argument.

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Just checked he never put in a transfer request. 

Just checked, I never said he did.

He wanted to play regular first team football, he wouldn't have got it here. Fair play to him for backing himself and not wanting to just sit on the bench.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Just checked, I never said he did.

He wanted to play regular first team football, he wouldn't have got it here. Fair play to him for backing himself and not wanting to just sit on the bench.

Didn’t he say he wanted to stay, but wasn’t in the manager’s plans, which is fair enough if the manager doesn’t see you as part of the future then why wouldn’t you leave. 
I don’t know what Lampard or Dyche didn’t see in him, because he scores goals where ever he goes, and that’s what we need right now someone who can run the line link up play and then put the ball in the back of net, we get 2 out of 3 with DCL, and the most important one scoring we don’t get. 
I understand selling because we needed the money to try and beat PSR, but the 8 million will have no effect on the new charge, we sold him in the current season, and not one of the 3 seasons that makes up the new charge, he was sold July 23/24 season. 

He wasn’t good enough for the premier league. Lots of players score for fun in lower leagues but struggle in the premier league.

Let’s not pretend he has been banging goals in either, he hasn’t. He is on a purple latch at the moment after going a long time not scoring and not getting the team.

The one that hit him in the face and went in was a good goal though. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

He wasn’t good enough for the premier league. Lots of players score for fun in lower leagues but struggle in the premier league.

Let’s not pretend he has been banging goals in either, he hasn’t. He is on a purple latch at the moment after going a long time not scoring and not getting the team.

The one that hit him in the face and went in was a good goal though. 

His arm looks a little different to his face like, but I full agree with the rest.

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Where was the bustling nuisance when he came on? Dom had given everything while he was on the pitch and then Beto comes on and ambles around the place, putting in such a lethargic showing.

I thought he had pace..... the decision to cut across a man who was ahead of him was comical.   Refund if poss. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I thought he had pace..... the decision to cut across a man who was ahead of him was comical.   Refund if poss. 

It's not even the first time he's been away from the defender and then somehow managed to be absolutely nowhere.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's not even the first time he's been away from the defender and then somehow managed to be absolutely nowhere.

Shocking - love his willingness usually. Just think we nearly got Ollie Watkins for under £30m when Gerrard froze him but had to settle for Maupay.  

Shocking - love his willingness usually. Just think we nearly got Ollie Watkins for under £30m when Gerrard froze him but had to settle for Maupay.  

The least I expect from him is effort and causing a bit of chaos. Yesterday he was so disinterested and it pissed me right off.

Dom had been exemplary during his time on the pitch, and all he had to do was chase everything and be a nuisance. That's it. He just didn't bother.

It won't have sent a good message to the manager that he can trust him.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

The least I expect from him is effort and causing a bit of chaos. Yesterday he was so disinterested and it pissed me right off.

Dom had been exemplary during his time on the pitch, and all he had to do was chase everything and be a nuisance. That's it. He just didn't bother.

It won't have sent a good message to the manager that he can trust him.

I know you mentioned the manager and losing the squad etc - I personally think some of them have lost belief in him but regardless..... they play for us. 

I know you mentioned the manager and losing the squad etc - I personally think some of them have lost belief in him but regardless..... they play for us. 

As much as it's a lazy, disinterested performance, it's not his first one so I don't really think it indicates that at all. I complained about him half arsing early on. But then the next time he appears he's all blood and thunder, making life hell for defenders.

It's like he's two different players.

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

They are professional footballers in the Premier League being paid eye watering wages  the least we expect is to show effort and passion for the shirt would be nice.

I want Beto to succeed, the idea of us having strong, pacey center forward is very much how I see Everton. In moments, he looks rapid but then in showings like Burnley he looks like a center back thrown uptop. That moment he was in behind and clear should be his absolute bread & butter, the initial run in behind was great but what followed was piss poor. Is it confidence / lack of game time? Or is it, as I'm starting to feel - someone who just is not at this level?

Some need more time than others, but I'm afraid Beto isn't the answer for us. Guess it will depend whether we keep him for the next season or not. But at this point he lack certain abilities.

It was a poor piece of business from the start. I believe we were desperate and he wasn't even our fifth choice. Considering his stats at Udinese, in an inferior league, it seems we've been ripped off. There are plenty of similar players in the French league who could perform just as poorly for under 5 mil. At one point we were linked with Serhou Guirassy from Rennes, who ultimately moved to Stuttgart for a bag of sunflower seeds and is currently tearing up the German Bundesliga.

30 minutes ago, Haiku said:

It was a poor piece of business from the start. I believe we were desperate and he wasn't even our fifth choice. Considering his stats at Udinese, in an inferior league, it seems we've been ripped off. There are plenty of similar players in the French league who could perform just as poorly for under 5 mil. At one point we were linked with Serhou Guirassy from Rennes, who ultimately moved to Stuttgart for a bag of sunflower seeds and is currently tearing up the German Bundesliga.

Agreed a panic buy, but if he wasn’t and he had been a long time target of Dyche’s, then I wouldn’t like to see his panic buy’s if that’s what is educated buy’s are like.