IGNORED

Beto

3 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Wasn't aiming anything I said at you 🤷‍♂️ Otherwise I'd quote you 😉.

I've seen the word 'Lukaku' pop up a few times. I never liked his attitude or what he was about. As proven as the years have gone by.

The lesser player comment is just plainly missing the point.

Huh? This is a thread on Beto. I was under the impression anyone could respond to a comment.

You made the point that you think his attitude etc.. puts him miles above Lukaku. I’m making the point that whatever their stories or personalities, we are in a position where we need results and Rom produced those. I don’t personally care about finishing 19th with some nice guys on the squad as opposed to 14th with less popular players. 

7 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Huh? This is a thread on Beto. I was under the impression anyone could respond to a comment.

You made the point that you think his attitude etc.. puts him miles above Lukaku. I’m making the point that whatever their stories or personalities, we are in a position where we need results and Rom produced those. I don’t personally care about finishing 19th with some nice guys on the squad as opposed to 14th with less popular players. 

I think Newtys point was nothing to do with relegation though mate.

He was saying that he might not be as polished as most strikers.. but he WILL improve us. And o proving a team that didn’t get relegated most likely means around that 14th place you mentioned.

But I agree with him. His attitude is a massive plus. To succeed at this level you need to be able make up for any lack of technical ability with a great attitude. And he seems to have one.

Not a nice guy attitude, but a hard working graft attitude.

Loved his honesty. I can’t promise goals, but I can promise I’ll work hard for my team and teammates.

Great debut - has taken the pressure off himself (and our team) with that goal and display. I am sure the team and Beto will be chomping at the bit to play Sheff Utd (bonus them being dumped out the Cup at home last night) at the weekend. The team looked scard to be on the pitch at the start of the game, but lots of smiles in that second half.

There will be frustrationg afternoons with him I am sure, but I think for the first time in a long time, and when DCL is fit, an Everton manager will have a make a decision on who the starting striker is going to be.

I think he is also going to be a great role model for a young Chermiti. 

10 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

I mean Lukaku was the best striker we have had in at least a decade by a mile..If not world class then just below that level and a nightmare for defenses.  I’m not sure I’d take a lesser player who I thought had a better story if it meant relegation. 

Not correct. Saha was a far better player, Rooney….  Lukaku got numbers yeah that’s about it.

anyway, great debut. 

1 hour ago, Sev said:

Good man. Hopefully Beto can help boost the confidence that most of the team lacks.

Hope he scores at least once in the next game.

One half of football and a goal, a goal ruled out and hits the post. 
Imagone if he scores on his full debut, that would Beto good to be true surely.

Someone mentioned this is the match thread - he’s as physically imposing as expecting hit his touch and even his passing have been far better than expected so far. He had a number of situations today that required tight control and he did very well. It’s obviously incredibly early but this looks like an excellent signing.