IGNORED

Beto

13 hours ago, Matt said:

Sandro isn't comparable mate. He was a youngster on a free (even if he looked 40) who'd played at a low level. This guys played a couple of decent seasons in a very defense-orientated league and for a decent side. 

I wouldn’t call Barcelona a low level! We signed him (for just over £5m - release clause) on the back of a breakout season for Malaga (?) in La Liga - think it was a relegation clause.

Back to Beto - was playing at a much lower level and working at KFC 4 years ago supposedly.

10 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I wouldn’t call Barcelona a low level! We signed him (for just over £5m - release clause) on the back of a breakout season for Malaga (?) in La Liga - think it was a relegation clause.

Back to Beto - was playing at a much lower level and working at KFC 4 years ago supposedly.

Didn’t really play for Barca did he? Pretty sure the low level Matt would have been talking about would have been Malaga. 

11 minutes ago, StevO said:

Didn’t really play for Barca did he? Pretty sure the low level Matt would have been talking about would have been Malaga. 

La Liga isn’t low level whoever you’re playing for - Malaga were a La Liga team when we signed him (well just relegated I think) and he was one of the top scorers in that season.

Like all signings we just need a bit of luck with him.

It sounds like he has all the physical attributed of a decent striker, strength, pace and can finish. From what I have read he appear to be of good character and has had to work hard to get to the position he is in after being let go by Benfica at a young age. 

1 hour ago, Formby said:

Haven't felt this excited about a forward signing since Lukaku! A proper CF at last! Right age, right height, right build. If we get him the service (McNeil and Harrison, please), he will score the goals. Genuinely think this is the turning of the tide. 🌊  

Can’t say I know enough about him to get that excited tbh, I’m more in the hoping it’s not another Tosun camp at the moment