IGNORED

Beto

33 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

with Mc Neil and Harrison to come in to the team squad in a month we are going to make more chance, then just get a fucking half decent back up striker through the door.  It is litrally taking years to do this!!!

Just McNeil and Harrison alone already means 15+ goals. DCL will be back too. 

As usual, it's down to the fans to make or break the team. I just hope those luckily enough to be at Goodison remain patient early on, else we'll make any relegation discussions a reality. 

After the past 2-2.5 years, I am now working on the fact that DCL is a bonus and not a given for getting on the pitch. If we'd have had another 'proper' back up striker available this past two years, things would look so different at this club. 

I am confident we would be between 5 to 10 point better off each season with either Dom or another getting 10 more goals, and on the back of that we may have been generally a more confident teams and thus maybe another 3-6 points better off just by not being a team who shitting the bed in lots of games. 

The whole vibe around this club would be signficantly better by simply being a middle of the table team (which with a proper striker on the pitch we definately would be). The cost of not having another striker at the club has been absolutely massive and is getting great by the week. 

I think we are a stiker away from a team who would be mid table looking up and towards the future, rather than a team will one eye looking at relegation. 

I really think it's that simple at the moment.  

32 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

"It's not your money, why you arsed?" was the common response when people questioned us overspending on average players.

This, today, is why people were arsed.

All true.  Consensus here, and about anywhere else I've read, is that we're a decent striker between relegation and survival.  In which case, pay it, whatever the consequences re FFP and/or sell whatever bits of China we have left.  

If we don't get a decent striker in, especially for the reason that we can't afford it, then it's gonna cost us more in the long run. 

And not even in the long run! Without a decent striker coming in we'll be sacking the manager again come Deadline Day in January.

That'll be another season and another how many millions wasted on manager payoffs.

Oh, and add on top of that relegation.

Get the lad in. Come on Moshiri, you promised us a striker months ago! 

2 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

If we don't get a decent striker in, especially for the reason that we can't afford it, then it's gonna cost us more in the long run. 

And not even in the long run! Without a decent striker coming in we'll be sacking the manager again come Deadline Day in January.

That'll be another season and another how many millions wasted on manager payoffs.

Get the lad in. Come on Moshiri, you promised us a striker months ago! 

To be fair, he made good on his word. We got Chermiti 🙃

2 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

All true.  Consensus here, and about anywhere else I've read, is that we're a decent striker between relegation and survival.  In which case, pay it, whatever the consequences re FFP and/or sell whatever bits of China we have left.  

We said that about players in January and look how well they did for their respective clubs! 

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

To be fair, he made good on his word. We got Chermiti 🙃

Danjuma also plays up top.

4 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

This was our motto for too many years and it's why we're penny pinching now

Circumstances very different now. A week left in a transfer window and we still need a CF.

That 9 million shortfall is going to look pretty insignificant when we go down (you did say this was the season you thought it was going to happen).  

3 hours ago, Wall Writer said:

Get the lad in. Come on Moshiri, you promised us a striker months ago

We have DC-L, Chermiti, Danjuma, Maupay, Dobbin, and Cannon. Would you include McNeil and Harrison? I'm guessing we'll end up with one more.

I thinking there is a slight difference in spending on a single player to fill a very specifc and glaring gap in the squad, a gap that has very near cost us relegation for two seasons on the bounce.

That's not quite the same as shooting for the moon, by bringing in a conveyor belt of average players on superstar wages and fees.

Another striker coming in immediately takes a lot of pressure off the club, the manager, the team and of DCL.

Transfer fee’s going up by the day. 
please Everton don’t waste anymore money don’t buy anybody. 
just get a few loans in in the last couple of days there’s nothing to tell me Beto is any better tha Che Adams. 
Other than he’s 6ft 3 they want 30m if we can’t put 5m down for Adams how can we afford 30m.